We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cord of the Rings - Moria?

There was apparently another stream last week, but I've not spotted any discussion about it. Not a lot of views on either the YouTube or Twitch pages, but did anyone manage to sit through it to get any information from it? Rumour has it there was something about Moria's release on the Limited Servers coming before the end of this month (which would be different from the "March-ish" date we were given before), but can't see any actual confirmation about it.

Give Anor and Ithil PvMP.
    Before making a complaint here, ask yourself this: "Am I still giving SSG money?". If the answer is yes, there's no point complaining.

I got the notion that the EP letter was through the committee stages and into a second reading in the Lords. But an amendment to include 64-bit client beta may have delayed it going on the statues.

I'm setting my expectations low, more like a manifesto than law.

I think they have no intention to change the plan for the LSs, they have to do a little more this time around; unblocking those ways into Moria but block up the gaps leading further afield.

But it's tough getting answers when the moderator's are intent on frustrating any with contentious issues. Cord even joked about not promoting free speech. Worrying was an admission recently he's the type of player to go with the flow on balance changes, I read, clueless about the skills and mechanics. Blinkering yourself from many fundamentals of the game can't be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothir View Post
    There was apparently another stream last week, but I've not spotted any discussion about it. Not a lot of views on either the YouTube or Twitch pages, but did anyone manage to sit through it to get any information from it? Rumour has it there was something about Moria's release on the Limited Servers coming before the end of this month (which would be different from the "March-ish" date we were given before), but can't see any actual confirmation about it.
    I think we will know more in the upcoming producer's latter, If i remember right, Last we heard all it needed to be was translated then it can be published so that might be sometime this week.
    Pontin Level 120 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Ballie View Post
    I got the notion that the EP letter was through the committee stages and into a second reading
    Sounds like "executive producer" is not so executive. Quite a bit of bureaucracy for a tiny self-starter indie company Daybreak upper management showing a hand, and flexing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelir View Post
    Sounds like "executive producer" is not so executive. Quite a bit of bureaucracy for a tiny self-starter indie company Daybreak upper management showing a hand, and flexing it.

----A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything----

Quote Originally Posted by Aelir View Post

There's more truth in this than many would like to admit.

Sorry, I think people have gotten a little confused. This isn't about the still missing producer's letter, it's about the livestream Cordovan did around last Friday. Potentially, there was mention that Moria is coming at the end of this month, but I'm just wondering if anyone has actually watched the whole hour to know if this rumour is true or not.

Before making a complaint here, ask yourself this: "Am I still giving SSG money?". If the answer is yes, there's no point complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Narthalion View Post
    There's more truth in this than many would like to admit.
    Personal attacks say more about you both more than anything else.

We still have a game at this stage of development and you should be happy... if not then get out and stop paying....!!
    ----A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything----

The release date of Moria for the Legendary Servers should be in the producers letter that is coming up.
    The producers letter has been finalized and sent out for translation into German and French on Friday to their external translate service they use. Once that comes back, it can be published. Cordovan hinted that it might be by the end of this week.

So with that said, the NEXT +Cord Of The Rings stream probably will be buzzing about all the information from the Producers Letter..... either that or massive complaints that it is STILL not here!
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Sorry, I think people have gotten a little confused. This isn't about the still missing producer's letter, it's about the livestream Cordovan did around last Friday. Potentially, there was mention that Moria is coming at the end of this month, but I'm just wondering if anyone has actually watched the whole hour to know if this rumour is true or not.
    There was no date mentioned. Just "soon-ish". If there had been a date mentioned, you would know without having to even ASK on the forums, because it would likely be everywhere.

My guess is that it will be March 12th, OR a date after March 12th if they aren't ready.

The "Ill Omen Skirmish Event" runs through March 11th, and we already know that Skirmishes will be opened up with Moria - after all you need to do Moria skirmishes as part of the book quests. I'm guessing that date was planned to perfectly coincide with the next patch as the Legendary Servers wouldn't be ready to have this skirmish event active, based on things Cordovan has mentioned.... March 12th is also a Tuesday, which is a very typical patch day for SSG.

March 12th is also about 4 months after the November 8th launch, - okay, 4 months and 4 days.
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Yes, I watched it (more listened as, to be honest, there's not really much of interest to see) as I do pretty much every week (whilst waiting for the next stream which is far more interesting, assuming the Prof turns up, which he normally does). Anyway. Yes, Moria was mentioned but I'd take anything you've heard with a pinch of salt.

There was some "joking" about that old forum favourite "soon", if I remember correctly, and Moria may have been mentioned as coming "soon" or it may have been mentioned in relation to the upcoming and "much anticipated" producer's letter. I can't really remember as I tend to doze off, as it's all rather tedious. What with all the, "is the 64-bit client ready yet?", "when will you fix PvMP?", "why have you nerfed class x?" questions that get asked, and avoided, every week like clockwork.

Quote Originally Posted by LabadalofDorlomin View Post

We still have a game at this stage of development and you should be happy... if not then get out and stop paying....!!
    1) nowhere in that post there was a personal attack

2) by this logic, your post is a personal attack to the other poster

3) should I be happy to pay for a broken game?

4) keep telling people to stop playing and go away will: bring less cash to keep the game alive and empty the servers of whoever is left, ergo game will go down faster

5) get off your high horse and stop white knighting

6) information about the state of development is long overdue, and people want answers. that is a legit concern
    My Lotro blog :)

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    Yes, I watched it (more listened as, to be honest, there's not really much of interest to see) as I do pretty much every week (whilst waiting for the next stream which is far more interesting, assuming the Prof turns up, which he normally does). Anyway. Yes, Moria was mentioned but I'd take anything you've heard with a pinch of salt.

There was some "joking" about that old forum favourite "soon", if I remember correctly, and Moria may have been mentioned as coming "soon" or it may have been mentioned in relation to the upcoming and "much anticipated" producer's letter. I can't really remember as I tend to doze off, as it's all rather tedious. What with all the, "is the 64-bit client ready yet?", "when will you fix PvMP?", "why have you nerfed class x?" questions that get asked, and avoided, every week like clockwork.
    Ah, I see. Thanks. I didn't think there'd be much said, but you can never be sure.

Oh...lovely.

Just for clarification...not everyone who happens to disagree with you, is using "personal attacks".

But...if I ever DO start using "personal attacks" on these forums...you'll be the first to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post

Thanks for the summary....AND for enduring patiently.

Says a poster who pasted a video of dog attacking a person, in response to a simple factoid he didn't like hearing...
    "Leaving the game plan is a sign of panic, and panic is not in our game plan." - Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by Herwegur View Post
    Says a poster who pasted a video of dog attacking a person, in response to a simple factoid he didn't like hearing...

+1 for your devastating response.

+2 for the brilliant Coach Noll quote.

why so many stress for letter? many time not say much. too sweaping and not detail. many time show boss not in touch with player. when read old letter I feel I think many time if the boss writing even work in same office or play the game or read the forums and what player really want? I think boss not even play it own game.

I can confirm March

Quote Originally Posted by SSG_RedPanda View Post
    I can confirm March
    /BIG CHEER!!!!! Love the Balrog! Brings back shivery memories of my first encounters with the Balrog--and up close and personal in OD!

I can confirm March
    Yeah but we sort of already knew that, didn't we.... 4 months after the November 8th launch is March 8th, and with SSG saying new content would be unlocked roughly every 4 months, it was already pretty clear that it would be in March... but WHEN in March is what people want to know.

My own guess is March 12th or a few days after. I'm guessing there will be no launch DURING the "Ill Omens Skirmish Events" as Skirmishes will be enabled with this update, and besides the fact it may cause issues, and the fact Cordovan said the event "wasn't ready for the legendary servers", it just makes logical sense to finish one event, and then hop on to the next big thing.....

So, can you confirm it might be.... March 12th, maybe?
    -----

Not helpful

Thanks DEVS!!! And CORD!!!

This is unacceptable and not helpful. IT was long reported a due date of"marchish". I want to give SSG a hand of applause for such hard work on a video that gives us nothing. I have a question that people are die-ing to know. Will raid gear be best in slot or is Nadhin gear( landscape drop) going to be favor?

I can confirm March
    This is like the weatherman saying "I can confirm it will rain in March!"

They obviously don't have an exact date pinned down just yet, but they are pretty solid on the month. <thumbs up SSG>

Welden
    Welden of Elendilmir

I kept looking at this over and over. ROFL!!!!!!!!!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

I can confirm March
    Can you confirm if any changes will be made to make it more playable for a larger population?

The revamped Moria is a shadow of it what it was at release - mob density was gutted - which, along with the general decrease in challenge across the board (itemisation, trait trees, etc) made the entire zone trivially easy for any class solo.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast