We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Raids?

Raids?

I played LOTRO on and off since 2008, had to take some long breaks to catch up with college/career. Just saw in my inbox the invite to the legendary servers, have to confess it really picked my interest. I see it launched in November...am I too late for the party already? My main interest always been raids, to experiment them as they should be, lots of them got neglected over time in the regular servers. Do people raid a lot on the legendary servers? Is it still on the first story (Angmar) or has it moved on already? Would be nice to experiment the launch experience again!

The legendary servers are still on Angmar, though Moria is due to drop in about a month. The legendary servers are not running on the original code, just a level-limited version of the existing code. Various changes over the game's life have made the experience rather different than it used to be, meaning easier. Completing 12 man raids with 6 people or fewer is fairly routine.

Its worth playing with an LTA but tbh I won't sub to SSG for those servers since SSG puts no effort in improving those servers like bringing items/sets on a right way or adding a tier based loot system to give tier 3 raids a sense. And as those servers are NOT f2p I think SSG should at least show more efforts in fixing things here (or get things like PvMP to this servers).

Spoken for raiding, yeah Tier 1 is by far too easy ofc thats what is meant with "doing raids with 6 man or less". In general you just need 3 man for rift t1. It is a bit more challenging on tier 3 but since there is still the same mechanic it adds just a random chance to die and there is in deed a chance that you have to use an athelas or celebrant pot!!!! ;D In tier 3 you need to play the mechanics a bit more like in early SoA times because otherwise its hard to handle some boss fights just with nuking bosses like hell. But nothing in comparison to the old SoA. Skill trees, nadhin gear, OP crafting items and new off and def stats mechanic make it just pretty easy. You have full buffed tanks with 20k morale. Even my loremaster has about 12k moral on full buffed T3 debuffing setup. Needless to say, things have changed since SoA has been released about 10 years ago Those raids weren't designed for this tier x thinking and gear- and statsystem.

I think when they add Moria to the legendary server there will be a peak in raiding activity for next few weeks. So if you wanna join the thing, best time to reach lvl 50 before moria is added
    Nariala - Lore-master | Jahwen - Captain
    Kinship: Syndicate on Legendary Server Anor
    DotLE lvl 50 T3 Rift speed run: 1h10min

Lieutnant of Barad Guldur CM (fellowship) ~Feb 2011 as Jahwen, Champion on [DE] Maiar

Quote Originally Posted by Delador View Post
    Its worth playing with an LTA but tbh I won't sub to SSG for those servers since SSG puts no effort in improving those servers like bringing items/sets on a right way or adding a tier based loot system to give tier 3 raids a sense. And as those servers are NOT f2p I think SSG should at least show more efforts in fixing things here (or get things like PvMP to this servers).

Spoken for raiding, yeah Tier 1 is by far too easy ofc thats what is meant with "doing raids with 6 man or less". In general you just need 3 man for rift t1. It is a bit more challenging on tier 3 but since there is still the same mechanic it adds just a random chance to die and there is in deed a chance that you have to use an athelas or celebrant pot!!!! ;D In tier 3 you need to play the mechanics a bit more like in early SoA times because otherwise its hard to handle some boss fights just with nuking bosses like hell. But nothing in comparison to the old SoA. Skill trees, nadhin gear, OP crafting items and new off and def stats mechanic make it just pretty easy. You have full buffed tanks with 20k morale. Even my loremaster has about 12k moral on full buffed T3 debuffing setup. Needless to say, things have changed since SoA has been released about 10 years ago Those raids weren't designed for this tier x thinking and gear- and statsystem.

I think when they add Moria to the legendary server there will be a peak in raiding activity for next few weeks. So if you wanna join the thing, best time to reach lvl 50 before moria is added
    I believe they said they have or are adjusting some things to coincide with Moria release. They have upped some of the gear sets and they are reducing some of the most popular essences for the Nadhin gear at 60. T3 Rift still takes around an hour for the best groups but yeah, everything below T3 is over pretty fast. I think these are the perfect servers to join if you are coming back. Even if you miss 50 and get up to speed for the 60 content you will have all the SoA deeds to complete and such but you won't be so far behind in the game you feel at a disadvantage. I came back to this game on the last day of December and I have 100% all available deeds, gotten the top gear and cleared all t2 and t3 content on my RK. If I were on a non legendary server I would be racing to hit cap but then have so much stuff to catch up on. Right now I feel like I can grow with my server.
    Varkking - Dwarf Rune-Keeper - Syndicate - Anor Server
    Moderator of Lord of the Rings On Prime Subreddit.

They just updated the majority of the 60 gear in-game for us. They are definitely putting in resourced to this server.
    Varkking - Dwarf Rune-Keeper - Syndicate - Anor Server
    Moderator of Lord of the Rings On Prime Subreddit.