We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Did you change Amon Sûl skirmish mechanics, or is this a bug?

In Stand at Amon Sûl skirmish, there seems to be no general damage debuff anymore, and obviously, the bonfires do not grant any damage buff either (because there is no debuff they need to counter). At first I thought I had disabled certain debuff icons in options, but they are all visible, and in the screenshot below you can see there is no difference in skill damage wheteher I'm outside or in the skirmish.

Did you take away the mechanic or is this a recent bug? As it is now, the only use those bonfires have is to summon two of the encounter bosses, of which one likes them lit and the other wants them burnt out.

I've run Amon Sul a couple times during the Ill Omens event and I've had the usual damage buff/debuff icons. Maybe just a temporary bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    I've run Amon Sul a couple times during the Ill Omens event and I've had the usual damage buff/debuff icons. Maybe just a temporary bug?
    I did some tests on different level characters (32, 34, 37, 40, 41, 67, 76 and 120) and it was only the ones who were lower than 40, that were affected. Skirmish level doesn't seem to have an effect; for example when I launched a level 34 skirmish on a level 120 character, the debuffs were there as they should be. Then I went back to those low level characters from time to time, to check if they got the bug* every time. Yep, they did.

Oh, and account or skirmish tier/size didn't matter either.

I remember wondering about this issue at least once before, many many months (perhaps even more than half a year) prior to this Ill Omens event was a thing. Asked about it on /world, but as no-one seemed to know about it, I /shrugged and moved on. Not until now that I tried the Omens, I recalled it again. That would mean they didn't break the skirmish whilst implementing the event, but it was broken earlier .. which is something, I suppose.

*I'm going to assume they haven't made low level Amon Sûls easier on purpose, but it is actually a bug, and will file a bug report.