We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Loot Box Keys

Loot Box Keys

Loot Box Keys in Lotro Store only is ridiculous. We have been paying members for years and everything had a chance to drop or be bought from NPC's or purchased in game. Loot box drops were occasional and keys very rare it seemed. Now I get 6 to 10 loot boxes a day and the keys have to be bought?? Lotro squeezing the player base for every dime?? At least allow us to sell the boxes to vendors. I for one have a lot more important things I need to buy from the store when I can afford them.

Newbie??

My title is listed as Newbie. I have been playing since 2012.

Many people, me included, have by now simply added loot boxes to loot filter (Alt+R for filter options) and forgot they exist.

Your title is based on your number of posts, not length of time you've been around.

Quote Originally Posted by scorrp10 View Post
    Many people, me included, have by now simply added loot boxes to loot filter (Alt+R for filter options) and forgot they exist.
    I sure did! I love that feature.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Teqquin View Post
    Loot Box Keys in Lotro Store only is ridiculous. We have been paying members for years and everything had a chance to drop or be bought from NPC's or purchased in game. Loot box drops were occasional and keys very rare it seemed. Now I get 6 to 10 loot boxes a day and the keys have to be bought?? Lotro squeezing the player base for every dime?? At least allow us to sell the boxes to vendors. I for one have a lot more important things I need to buy from the store when I can afford them.
    Or, you could buy the keys for gold from the auction house. You can earn gold in-game by a variety of methods.
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval
    Author of plugins: SequenceBars, Reminders, others