We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

More than one personal house

I recently began sprucing up my house in my Hobbit neighborhood. I find decorating houses fun and collect many housing items in game as well as buy them from the store. I took a walk around and found many houses are now empty. I really wish we could buy more than one personal house. If I could I would have at least one of each style in each homestead. Perhaps there could be an item you could buy in the store that would allow you to get second or third house. I would buy that kind of item in a heartbeat, especially if the additional houses didn't have any upkeep, like the premium houses.

I think this is a great idea.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

That would be nice indeed.
    "...In the information society, nobody thinks. We expected to banish paper, but we actually banished thought."
    Ian Malcolm

That would be great.
    I've maxed out the hooks in my kin, personal and deluxe houses, and I've only bought 1 or 2 pieces of furniture in the store.

Quote Originally Posted by sasha008 View Post
    I recently began sprucing up my house in my Hobbit neighborhood. I find decorating houses fun and collect many housing items in game as well as buy them from the store. I took a walk around and found many houses are now empty. I really wish we could buy more than one personal house. If I could I would have at least one of each style in each homestead. Perhaps there could be an item you could buy in the store that would allow you to get second or third house. I would buy that kind of item in a heartbeat, especially if the additional houses didn't have any upkeep, like the premium houses.
    I have also noticed the Zombie Houses encroaching upon my neighborhood.
    Since I first started playing this game many moons ago I have always wanted a house for every one of my characters in their starting areas.
    I do think that the old housing should be limited to one per character, however, because I have seen how some people will buy up entire neighborhoods of Premium Housing which might swing the occupancy pendulum too far the other way if unlimited house buying is applied to the old housing.

What is particularly irritating is that you can buy as many Premium Houses as you like. While this does get you more housing item hooks, they all share the same storage chest as your "regular" house. Since my main reason for having more houses would be for storage, this is aggravating.

I do have multiple accounts, with the rest existing just to provide houses for storage, but that doesn't help as much as one would like as they cannot store items bound to my main account.
    TANSTAAFL

Quote Originally Posted by mjk47 View Post
    What is particularly irritating is that you can buy as many Premium Houses as you like. While this does get you more housing item hooks, they all share the same storage chest as your "regular" house. Since my main reason for having more houses would be for storage, this is aggravating.

I do have multiple accounts, with the rest existing just to provide houses for storage, but that doesn't help as much as one would like as they cannot store items bound to my main account.
    Could you please explain to me how Premium houses work? I only found on wiki the normal, de luxe, and kinship. I own a de luxe. What kind of houses are the Premium? I remember one of my char should have somewhere a premium house wirt but I never used, not knowing how it is meant.
    Thanks in advance for the explanation

Quote Originally Posted by Duintadil View Post
    Could you please explain to me how Premium houses work? I only found on wiki the normal, de luxe, and kinship. I own a de luxe. What kind of houses are the Premium? I remember one of my char should have somewhere a premium house wirt but I never used, not knowing how it is meant.
    Thanks in advance for the explanation
    Premium houses are the ones in the Belfalas housing area. You can buy as many houses there as you want in addition to 1 personal traditional (Shire,Bree,Dwarf,Elf) house. Each premium house costs a certain number of housing writs or mithril coins.
    Keep in mind if you buy them that they all share the same house storage along with your traditional house. It is not seperate storage per house.
    There are also Premium kinhouses you can buy for writs/mithril but you can only have 1 kinhouse per kin. Either a premium or traditional.

I proposed this a while back, and I wasn't the first either. I'd love to have a house in each starter area.

I think it would be a nice idea to sell the capacity to own more than one starter houses in the store.
    On Crickhollow: Wenslydale (Hobbit Burglar), Leolwyn (Woman Hunter)
    On Anor, Victory's Secret: Ardith Exhibitionaire (Woman Captain)
    Feel the Breeze! Naked Aventuring: http://www.lotro.com/forums/showthre...endary-servers

I think it should be allowed but no more than 1 per region. One on the Shire for instance.
    Varkking - Dwarf Rune-Keeper - Devout of the Lidless Eye - Anor Server

That or more variety in Premium Housing. As far as I am aware, there are no kin islands left on my server, so this must have been a money maker, all the more as we can now have single character kinships. Yet still no new Premium Housing. I don't like the Gondor houses, still I bought one for the sake of having one, and we have so many housing items, yet I feel no incentive to grind for the rep and the barter items, as I have no space to use them all. I see this as a truly missed opportunity, as many of us love housing and would be willing to invest in this feature, simple for the fun of decorating.

Yes I can have alt account houses, and I do, but I have lots of characters on my VIP account, and although I do have kinships connected to them, the lack of variety in location has started to bore me. My Rohan housing items want to be in a Rohan home, and dwarf housing items long to find a place in a dwarf abode, but I already got the elf normal housing, so I can't have a dwarf home, not to mention my Woodelves don't feel comfortable in their current elven homestead, they got no reason to have a home there, really o.O

Double bonus points on again, and I certainly would invest into housing, but as it stands, not interested.
    My brothers and sisters, a day may come when we grow-up, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the Age of Gaming comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we play!
    ~Tinyfangs/Tinypaws/Alinchen~