We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question about premium kinship houses

I am the kin leader of an all-but-deserted kinship and also the owner of a nice kinship house island in the Bay of Belfalas. I am now contemplating to join a different kin, so I would like to know:

Do I get to keep the kin house?

What happens if any player returns -will they still have access to the house as their kinship house?

If I make any other kin member my successor, will he be able to get a kin house?

Will members of the kin that I plan to join also get a kinship house port to that house? Does anybody in old or new kin still have or get a port to the house?

What happens to stuff bound to members of the kin?
    Last edited by BelamanthDE; Feb 12 2019 at 09:12 AM.
    in my thoughts and in my dreams they´re always in my mind
    these songs of hobbits, dwarves and men and elves
    come close your eyes
    you can see them, too - Blind Guardian, Bards tale

Quote Originally Posted by BelamanthDE View Post
    I am the kin leader of an all-but-deserted kinship and also the owner of a nice kinship house island in the Bay of Belfalas. I am now contemplating to join a different kin, so I would like to know:

Do I get to keep the kin house?

What happens if any player returns -will they still have access to the house as their kinship house?

If I make any other kin member my successor, will he be able to get a kin house?

Will members of the kin that I plan to join also get a kinship house port to that house? Does anybody in old or new kin still have or get a port to the house?

What happens to stuff bound to members of the kin?

I try to answer your questions to the best of my knowledge so far:

The kinhouse belongs to the old kin: so if your char leaves your current kin (the one with the Belfalas kinhouse) you 'lose' that kinhouse to your successor who will become leader of the kin and owner of the kin house. Not sure what happens if there is no successor. Perhaps one of the officers will become leader.

The new leader of the kin can't buy a new kin house as long as the kin has that Premium kin house. They would have to abandon it to get a different house. Might happen in any case if they are inactive long enough and the successor isn't LTA or at least VIP while being inactive.

Any returning/remaining member of the kin with the Premium house would have the port as long as the house exists and upkeep is paid. If upkeep isn't paid anyone looses that port to the kin house till it is paid again. If leader is VIP the house remains active without extra payment and so does the port.

If you disband the old kin the house is lost (the current kin leader might get writs back but I don't know if and how much. I think to have read somewhere that they are send per ingame mail to the kin leader.

If the house is lost or abandoned any bound items are returned to house chest or escrow of the char that owns them. If the house remains any items stay in the hooks they are in now until manually removed/returned to owner.

Your new kin will have to get a new kin house (after reaching the kin level 7) if they don't own one yet. You can't transfer the existing house to the other kin. So none of the new kin will have a port to the Belfalas house.
    Perhaps consider inviting the members of the other kin into your old kin if you want to use that Belfalas house.

If you want to keep the kin house in any case you might transfer leadership to an alt of yours before leaving the old kin. But remember to pay upkeep if not VIP or the house will be lost after all.

If you want the writs yourself, you must abandon it yourself - but beware as you probably won't get back the whole sum you paid for the house.

Premium kinship houses are an investment in the kinship and not private property like personal Premium houses.
    Last edited by Derquin; Feb 12 2019 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Additional info
    "...In the information society, nobody thinks. We expected to banish paper, but we actually banished thought."
    Ian Malcolm

You can keep kin and house if you just level an alt (level 5+novice will do the job) and you make him leader of the kinship.

Greets

I knowthat a "normal" kinhouse is lost, but I didn't think it would happen to a premium house, for which I have paid hard cash via points I bought. Also, I think I saw a tip during loading screen taht one can ownany number of premium kin and normal houses.

Must watch if catch that one again.
    in my thoughts and in my dreams they´re always in my mind
    these songs of hobbits, dwarves and men and elves
    come close your eyes
    you can see them, too - Blind Guardian, Bards tale

A char of yours can own one normal personal house and several Premium personal houses at the same time. But a kinship can have just one kin house - normal or Premium.
    "...In the information society, nobody thinks. We expected to banish paper, but we actually banished thought."
    Ian Malcolm

I wish SSG would make it more clear how much we get back if we decide to abandon a premium house, whether personal or kinship.
    Rhuangar, hunter on Brandywine
    Rhudawg, warg on Brandywine

That would be helpful in any case.

It would be nice to have any sort of contributing to the investment in a Premium kinship house again, now that writs can't be send to the leader due to disabling of MC mail and some writs being just bound to account (those that came in the recent packages).

I think that erases the main reason for their existence but I might be wrong and they might have been added to the game just because of the possibility of a Premium house being lost or abandoned and the following outcry of the players.

A sort of kinship wallet or bank or a different token that can be mailed to a kin leader would be nice. Anything to help with that Investment without opening the game for goldsellers again.

I paid for several Premium kin houses alone and though I would appreciate Rohan housing I'm kind of dreading the cost if it was to be Premium housing. Perhaps the missing Producer's Letter will tell anything about it still being an option.
    Ian Malcolm