We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Where is the Game Client?

So, I'm trying to log in and, once again, I am getting errors. This time, after I choose the server, I get a big "Initializing" screen and up pops my file browser with the banner on top saying "Where is the game client executable?" I click lotroclient.exe, which worked perfectly a day ago and get a huge, long error titled "Failed to launch client" containing a word salad. This is happening on two computers, so I doubt reinstalling or anything else is the answer.

I just paid for two clients for three months of VIP. I logged in just fine afterward on the same day but now that I have restarted the computer, I don't know if that could have cause some kind of problem.

Anyway, I have tried all the troubleshooting and Google searches I can think of so I hope you can help me. Either that, or refund my payment.

Thanks in advance.

Try reinstalling/repairing 3rd party programms in this folder especially vcredist_x86 and ..._VC8_SP1:

C:\...\Lord of the Rings Online\3rdparty

It doesn't sound like a problem with the client, more like corrupted or outdated prerequisites.

Quote Originally Posted by Thormund View Post
    Try reinstalling/repairing 3rd party programms in this folder especially vcredist_x86 and ..._VC8_SP1:

C:\...\Lord of the Rings Online\3rdparty

It doesn't sound like a problem with the client, more like corrupted or outdated prerequisites.
    Thanks for the reply. I don't have a 3rdparty folder, nor the files you mentioned anywhere on either of my computers. Remember, this is happening on two computers, isolated from each other, running their own copies of the game and both are having this issue. I logged out of the game on both computers yesterday without issue.

Maybe I'll go install it on a third computer and if it works there, cannibalize the files for these two. Yes, well it is pretty desperate, I'll admit....