We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The Un-Official "NEEDS SCALING" Thread, need community help

I've started this thread for the purpose of putting together a list, with the help of the community, of every item, npc, skill, and anything with a value that has not been scaled properly and is in need of it.

Some things off the top of my head:

1. Session play NPC's in the etternmoors. You could not kill a creep/freep with these even if they sat there and did nothing but regen passively.

2. Cry of the hunter bubble. I'd say after the first 2 years of it not being scaled, most of us cried, then we laughed when another 2 years went by, and I think we're all laughing and crying simultaneously now.

3. Skirmish loot. Seriously? How about the loot of all scaleable content as well and the negligible stats on all of it.

4. Ettenmoors loot vendors. I don't even pvp anymore. But this irritates me.

5. LI Relics. This is really, really bad. Everyone has an LI... if you're trying to be sneaky and cut corners during development, I would, at the very least, update something that the average player looks at every single time they play.

6. The cost of houses. Gold has inflated massively over the years and with so few gold sinks, buying a house is a complete trifle. It should be something to aspire to.

If things are going to be neglected, it looks better for you, and it feels better for us, if you would just remove them from the game entirely.

Otherwise, when players come across these things, the VIP monthly fee suddenly feels like a ruse, and we're no longer convinced that this game is of a level of quality that once justified subscriptions. It used to feel like a privelege to pay the monthly fee, because you knew that the game was so polished that it needed it. Instead it is cheap, tacky, and embarrassing to come across neglected features.

To the community: please add whatever else you can think of that needs scaling.
    Last edited by BadJuju; Feb 12 2019 at 04:45 AM.

Man-heal (Strength of Morale).
    Champion armour debuff ratings.
    Stats on LIs, whether passives on 2H weapons and class items or legacies (e.g. max morale, captain defensive strike armour, RK finesse rating, LM resistance pentration, vitality).
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

Quote Originally Posted by BadJuju View Post
    I've started this thread for the purpose of putting together a list, with the help of the community, of every item, npc, skill, and anything with a value that has not been scaled properly and is in need of it.

6. The cost of houses. Gold has inflated massively over the years and with so few gold sinks, buying a house is a complete trifle. It should be something to aspire to.

[/COLOR]
    No. If this was a game without real money housing I'd agree with you, if this was a game where a lot of dev time was sunk into giving us more and better houses and mechanics for them, I'd agree with you. I don't want to make the old, outdated (but still charming) neighbourhoods out of reach for players new and old when someone with the cash can just bypass all that "aspiration".
    EDIT: In general I agree with the rest of the stuff. I think they've been trying to get the relic system back on track but it's still pretty tentative.
    My picture blog - Landscapes of Arda
    https://www.tumblr.com/blog/landscapesofarda

NEEDS SCALING... really, really needs scaling.

Moria armour sets

Dar Narbugud armour sets

Level 58 Crafted armour

Ost Dunhoth armour sets

These sets are THE ones to get for those appropriate level ranges... but not anymore, as their scaling was neglected and they became so trivial it hurts.

Especially the MORIA and DAR NARBUGUD sets, the most iconic culmination of reaching level 60 and running raids to earn all those barter tokens and gearing up. With Moria coming soon on Legendary Servers, now is the time to adjust the scaling on these sets.

They really need it...

Scaling Issues:
    • Passive effects from Axes (-x Armour rating), Passive bleeds from Spears
    • Passive stats from two-handed Legendary Weapons, some passive stats from class items
    • Champion Rend debuff, Horn of Gondor debuff, Flurry buff, Might Increase trait,
    • All Cappy HoT effects (including Standard of Honour), Cappy "Valour" heal (blue capstone)
    • LM Inner Flame heal, Prepare for War (+x Mastery), Pleasant Breeze heal, Improved Knowledge of Cures' Resistance buff, secondary frost debuff from Frost-Lore, all pet auto-attack/skill damage, Lynx/Sabre-Tooth bleeds
    • Beorning "Hearten - Grimbeorn's Strength"
    • Burglar rating debuffs attached to Reveal Weakness, Trick: Counter Defence, Mischevious Glee/Delight heal effects, everything about Clever Retort, Opportunism damage
    • Resistance buff from Hope Tokens
    • Stat-based legacies
    • Rating-based legacies on most (probably all) classes
    • Damage dealt in instances such as The Silent Street and Quays of Harlond needs to be reduced.

Not sure if it's technically a scaling issue:
    • Shadow of Mordor debuff still exists in Court of Seregost at level 120, but only in the second boss' room; the rest of the instance is clear of it.
    • Tanking stats at level 120 are scaled poorly, having too high of a stat-curve and/or too low values on essences/gear. This affects the entire meta for tanking this update in a negative way since it isn't worth slotting anything other than mits/morale; no more Incoming Healing and BPE builds.

This is all that I can think of off the top of my head. If I remember more, I'll just post again.

Great thread, let's just hope that they listen.

Wow, how did I forget about FM's?

P-l-e-a-s-e scale fellowship maneuvers.

Lots of great things brought up so far.

I'd add scale up mounted combat. Even though we don't have any real need to use it after Rohan, it exists in game, so therefore, should work properly for all level ranges above 75 (which is where war steed can be obtained).

Skirmish soldiers and skirmish NPC's.
    All loot from scaling instances. Okay, okay, I get it, you want people spending embers for their level cap gear, so keep that rubbish scaling up at level cap only if you must. Scaled instance loot is ridiculously inferior across the whole level range, and makes the instances trivial, with no incentive to run them.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

This ^^^^^
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

they haven't forgot, they know FMs aren't as good as once were, they just haven't done anything with it for whatever reason, but yeah it needs to be scaled.
    Pontin Level 120 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Lots of great things brought up so far.

I'd add scale up mounted combat. Even though we don't have any real need to use it after Rohan, it exists in game, so therefore, should work properly for all level ranges above 75 (which is where war steed can be obtained).
    *snip*
    And for starters, at the very least give the War-steeds a lot bigger Morale (Endurance) pool - by a multiplier of 5 or more - so that you wouldn't get dismounted so easily while travelling. Since the dismount mechanics work a bit differently between War-steeds and regular horses (raw, absorbed dmg vs. a portion of Morale bar per hit, respectively), it feels a bit silly that you are more prone to experience a face plant on a full equipped War horse than on a slender festival ride.

Hunter melee skills, haven't been scaled in years, they are completely negligible.

Don't think I'll ever stop repeating this.

1. Most importantly, either completely overhaul LI's into something more easily attainable and rewarding, or completely remove them. The state of LI's is the most insulting.
    2. Skill points should only be acquired from leveling. Not deeds, not quests, not anything. When I got level cap I should have all my skill points.
    3. Stop raising the level cap. SSG is insanely bad at balance in general and raising the level cap adds another range of levels to maintain balance. And a huge portion of the playerbase pretty much skips leveling in the warg pens anyway.

Don't forget:
    - Captain pets (damage and morale)
    - RK stones (fire stone damage, healing stone HoT)
    Summarized: Almost every pet in the game scales badly. LM pets and skirmish soldiers were already mentioned. I guess temporary pets from FM's are weak too.

Another skill:
    - RK channeled heal "Rousing Words". One of the few RK AoE heals, but so weak it is usually better to throw Mending Verse at every single fellowship member.

Instances are scaled very differently. Some are faceroll easy on T1 (e.g. School at Tham Mirdain). Some are quite a bit harder (mostly instances from lvl 100 cap, Osgiliath/Pellenor cluster). Those are also a bit over the top on T2.

Actually too much to list everything...

- many legacies of every class. (maybe they won't do sth about this because of the leg item revamp though)
    - many traits of every class (50% or sth of the blue warden trait tree for example...)
    - Virtues (!!!!)
    - Scaled inis/skirmishes should always contain items with an itemlevel compareable to the latest lootboxes aka 376 now. Not many items will make it to the endgame but we might have more variations.

I also think that they should not raise the level cap this year. Make the next raid 120 as well, but let us go back to mordor or sth else which would require different items again.

Skirmish soldiers

Having one of these guys out in the earlier levels with a field token is a lot of fun, I'm always surprised I never see more people using them while leveling. Tokens are pretty cheap and they can really offer a big helping hand in the lower levels if you keep them upgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeneth View Post
    Skirmish soldiers

Having one of these guys out in the earlier levels with a field token is a lot of fun, I'm always surprised I never see more people using them while leveling. Tokens are pretty cheap and they can really offer a big helping hand in the lower levels if you keep them upgraded.
    I did four skirmishes and glanced at the combat analysis for my archer total in 23 minutes of fighting 65k damage, level 120. Yes I quit investing in him a while ago. At 120 the mobs I'm facing are twice to three times this morale. However it reminded me of the old hunter scarecrow trap, I miss seeing those things. He does have a bit of morale so takes a few hits but he can't live for the hour it would take to kill a mob.

Hunter melee skills, haven't been scaled in years, they are completely negligible.
    Hunter melee skills have never been for damage but they have other utility; a focus boost and interrupt, root and slow, a daze, a dot cashout and a second but unrestricted corruption removal skill. Unrivalled set of skills no other class has.

Quote Originally Posted by Maclorien View Post
    Hunter melee skills have never been for damage but they have other utility; a focus boost and interrupt, root and slow, a daze, a dot cashout and a second but unrestricted corruption removal skill. Unrivalled set of skills no other class has.
    Then they should remove the damage value completely from these skills. Its depressing to see a 2k tooltip when you're fighting mobs that have one million morale.

As I said in my original post, if they don't want to scale up negligible values, I'd suggest removing them completely.

Exclamation

Warsteeds in West Rohan!

Really bad in 85 - 95 level range. Maxed warsteed with maxed FA bridle... 3,500 morale. Against mounted landscape mobs with 22,000 morale and more.

Before recent stat adjustments, I could solo fellowship warbands. Now I get dismounted in 3 hits by landscape trash mobs (!). This level range has been neglected, warsteeds have not been scaled.

Please adjust for proper balance.
    "Leaving the game plan is a sign of panic, and panic is not in our game plan." - Chuck Noll

Cappy healing in general, with the massive jump in morale with Mordor, the healing has not made that jump, still. of course I've been mainly a solo player for the last few years, and just run around in red, so maybe it's better in blue? I doubt it's THAT much better. Rally cry isn't even worth using, you get maybe 2% of your morale with it, lol. The healing mark is the only real way to self heal now.
    Goreamir - 115 Captain | Celebourne - 95 Champion | Jinwe - 91 Hunter | Humblefoot - 77 Minstrel | Dorfus - 77 Guardian | Creonath - 58 Warden | Whippit - 40 Burglar | Stormcraban - 38 Loremaster | Thangadir - 37 Runekeeper | Jonly - 32 Beornng | Zongrul - 41 Bank

Quote Originally Posted by Maclorien View Post
    About the underlined & bolded part: I wish they had done something to Scourging Blow when they tweaked blue hunters. The cashout is pathetic at high levels, where you have most likely equipped traits or legacies that give boost to DoTs. It's been a while since I last tested it, but I think the cashout is even smaller than one DoT tick from Barbed Arrow, which would make it totally useless. At lower levels though, it's somewhere close to 2x or 3x of a BA tick, so if used wisely, it can even be useful .. in some rare situations.