We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Old World in Need of Boss Revamp

I spent over six hours today and twice as much over the last three days trying to kill Agarochir and Unagh in Evendim for the deed named "Leaders of the Invasion". I even put in a ticket and waited for two and half hours to no avail. In the meantime I completed two Kill-Deeds from halfway through the first stage to the advanced, just on the same less than two dozen mobs between the two different sites.
    Four years ago I had trouble with Unagh on another character, spending close to twelve hours leveling the platform before a GM finally spawned it for me.

My Suggestion is to make all pre-Mordor or at least all of the original bosses spawn all the time like all the random landscape mobs do. Since people who are starting want to get to the End-Game and older players want to complete Meta-Deeds by revisiting unfinished content this makes sense at this point in the game. No one should ever have to slaughter the same dozen mobs for hours on end in hopes of completing a Deed.

So eliminate the PH's and Random Spawn of Bosses on the Landscape and make them always be present for people.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeragraus View Post
    I spent over six hours today and twice as much over the last three days trying to kill Agarochir and Unagh in Evendim for the deed named "Leaders of the Invasion". I even put in a ticket and waited for two and half hours to no avail. In the meantime I completed two Kill-Deeds from halfway through the first stage to the advanced, just on the same less than two dozen mobs between the two different sites.
    Four years ago I had trouble with Unagh on another character, spending close to twelve hours leveling the platform before a GM finally spawned it for me.

My Suggestion is to make all pre-Mordor or at least all of the original bosses spawn all the time like all the random landscape mobs do. Since people who are starting want to get to the End-Game and older players want to complete Meta-Deeds by revisiting unfinished content this makes sense at this point in the game. No one should ever have to slaughter the same dozen mobs for hours on end in hopes of completing a Deed.

So eliminate the PH's and Random Spawn of Bosses on the Landscape and make them always be present for people.

Easy solution: Agro huge amount of mobs, run into NPC and circle around them. NPC die fighting with mobs and boss replace them.

Yup I could be wrong but there something about switching the camps from blue to red, sorry it's been a few years...

Did you look for the bosses in the right places?
    According to lotro-wiki they are found in different places depending on if the Free Peoples or the Angmarim hold certain control points.

Another possibility if the Free People hold the control points, is to drag a bunch of mobs there so the Angmarim get control of that control point. This should force the boss to respawn there fairly quickly.

Actual respawn time of them is not much different than ordinary mobs, AFAICT.

I do know where they spawn at. As I said I have done them before.

The camp switching idea is interesting and since the bosses are obviously bugged might be the only way to resolve the issue since VIPs no longer get in-game help and non-VIPs would be just out of luck.

The Boss respawn is not on the same table as other mobs, not these ones anyway, or so it seems.

As a permanent solution my original suggestion stands. There is no need to discourage players just as they hit their late 30's and 40's and reach the point that they are most likely to go VIP... if they do at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeragraus View Post
    the bosses are obviously bugged
    They aren't bugged it is just a design that was good when the region was new but hasn't translated well with age and the lack of players in the area trying the same goals.
    If you spent as much time looking on the Wiki than you do ticketing GM's to play the game for you or posting threads on the forum, you would see the answer and the reasons why for yourself.

From the Wiki:

*When the Free Peoples control Tirband, Clorhir and/or Gwaelband the invasion leaders are found in the vicinity; these are Agarochir, Unagh and Siridán respectively.

You may find that once the Rangers take over a control point it can be a while (sometimes hours) before the Invaders return to take that point over. In the interest of completing deeds in a timely fashion, you can help this process along by tapping nearby mobs and drawing them to the control point where they will fight the Rangers. If you do this enough times, the Rangers will die and the Invader you need for the deed will respawn. Not exactly in the spirit of helping the forces of good retake the city of Annúminas, but it's also not in anyone's best interests to get frustrated about a deed and give up on it, or bother a GM about respawning the mobs manually (which is another method that people in the forums have reported using).
    WHY DO PEOPLE WHO KNOW THE LEAST, KNOW IT THE LOUDEST?

You just have to make the rangers of Annuminas lose a fight. Drag a heap load of mobs over to them, and then dump your aggro onto them. if you take enough over, the rangers will lose, and then the bosses that you need will walk up to take the spot.

There is a similar tactic at play in the Battle for Forochel deed.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Why not just come back another day? You can see which camps are enemy/friendly owned on your map, so you can just keep adventuring elsewhere and zip back when you see the boss you want is up. Seems a lot less aggravating. The deed can wait a bit.

I thought I had added another reply to this, but I guess it didn't take.

1) Using Mobs to wipe NPCs seems like something that would be against the rules and get one in trouble. The term is "training" and has been a no-no since the early days of MMOs.

2) Considering there is no way to pull enough mobs to wipe the rangers without including a minimum of five archers, an even level (or close to even) adventurer would not survive the encounter.

My original call for a revamp on bosses to always respawn so they are present for adventurers in the Old World stands.

I do appreciate the suggestion, however, although I will never admit I have tried it to see if it works for training is bad.