We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ill omens-deed

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    Try to find some fellows which bring you through level 120 t3. Shouldn't be a problem cause you can succeed them in t3 with half men Power or even less.
    I'll prob just blitz through to level 120. I've barely played for the last year so I need the motivation to catch up anyway.

@ the devs.

So today I did a couple of simple t1 runs, working on the deed.

I decided to conduct a little experiment using my soildier, just for the purpose of bringing you some feedback.

Skirmish: Ringwraith's Lair. level 120 t1.
    Soldier morale: 82K

I pulled a group of normal mobs (two shadow armours and a couple of drakes) by sending in my soldier. I pulled three off and killed them. I left my soldier handle one shadow armour (125K morale) alone. It killed him in about 18 seconds. Not too bad right?

When he then came for me, I placed him on target, and he had lost 250 morale.

Clearly, not working.

On t3, the soldier is dead in about 5 secs and the foe is basically untouched.

Edit: By the way, my soldier is a Warrior. Here is his tool-tip description . . .

Attribute
    You train your Soldier to be a Warrior.
    A Warrior wields two weapons and will concentrate
    on defeating your foes, specializing in dealing damage
    to multiple foes at once.

Armour: Medium
    Damage: High Melee
    Special: Bypass Armour
    Last edited by Arnenna; Feb 12 2019 at 11:56 AM.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    @ the devs.

So today I did a couple of simple t1 runs, working on the deed.

I decided to conduct a little experiment using my soildier, just for the purpose of bringing you some feedback.

Skirmish: Ringwraith's Lair. level 120 t1.
    Soldier morale: 82K

I pulled a group of normal mobs (two shadow armours and a couple of drakes) by sending in my soldier. I pulled three off and killed them. I left my soldier handle one shadow armour (125K morale) alone. It killed him in about 18 seconds. Not too bad right?

When he then came for me, I placed him on target, and he had lost 250 morale.

Clearly, not working.

On t3, the soldier is dead in about 5 secs and the foe is basically untouched.

Edit: By the way, my soldier is a Warrior. Here is his tool-tip description . . .

Attribute
    You train your Soldier to be a Warrior.
    A Warrior wields two weapons and will concentrate
    on defeating your foes, specializing in dealing damage
    to multiple foes at once.

Armour: Medium
    Damage: High Melee
    Special: Bypass Armour
    Yeah, SSG has really really to update the skirmish soldiers. All numbers have to go up dramatically.

yeah if you have them on board or not doen´t amke any difference but the saddest is you don´t need them to succeed. Not for t1, t2 and even t3.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    yeah if you have them on board or not doen´t amke any difference but the saddest is you don´t need them to succeed. Not for t1, t2 and even t3.
    With the amount of control we have over them, we should better not need them anyway, regardless of their stats. Awful pathfinding AI and no controls for their skills.

As you are kiting the Warg Rider Harbinger he does break off to bite the soldier instead so a slight plus.

The Skirmish Soldiers are as neglected as the War-steads so maybe they'll be involved in the next bit of filler.

I was wondering about this assertion of not advancing "deeds" if you kill the skirmish boss first. Are they talking about if both Boss and Harbingers are in play at the same time? I did a Pony T1 just now and I've usually finished of the skirmish, killed the boss, then taken out the harbinger after, I believe I advanced the 60/120 deed each time. This time I decided to take on the harbinger just before the boss arrived. The boss died in all the AE before the Harbinger and I didn't not advance the 60/120.

The strategy for me this week has been all about picking my moment to take on the Harbingers so rarely have I had Harbinger and Boss in play. Sometimes dead already sometimes yet to engage but other than Smiths had no problem advancing the 60/120 deed. I think, it's all messed with my head a little.

Ok, so I just launched a level 115 Dannenglor run, just to see how fast the run is, as we're grinding deeds. It's fast

But guys . . . . .

NO Harbinger spawn! At all.

"
    • Ill Omens quests that bestow under your player level can now be completed. Ill Omens quests will only bestow up to five levels under your player level, however.
    • The radius for defeating the Ill Omens bosses have been lifted. You can now get credit for defeating the bosses anywhere within the Skirmishes.
    • The following Deeds no longer require you to be at level cap: Banisher of Ill Omens, Banisher of Ill Omens (Advanced), and Harbingers of the Dead"

So when is the patch, to fix the patch?

Going to try it at 120 now, to see if that is still working or if that's broken too.

Edit: Result, level 120 Dannenglor. No Harbiger spawn.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Feb 13 2019 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Ok, so I just launched a level 115 Dannenglor run, just to see how fast the run is, as we're grinding deeds. It's fast

But guys . . . . .

NO Harbinger spawn! At all.

"
    • Ill Omens quests that bestow under your player level can now be completed. Ill Omens quests will only bestow up to five levels under your player level, however.
    • The radius for defeating the Ill Omens bosses have been lifted. You can now get credit for defeating the bosses anywhere within the Skirmishes.
    • The following Deeds no longer require you to be at level cap: Banisher of Ill Omens, Banisher of Ill Omens (Advanced), and Harbingers of the Dead"

So when is the patch, to fix the patch?

Going to try it at 120 now, to see if that is still working or if that's broken too.

Edit: Result, level 120 Dannenglor. No Harbiger spawn.
    Hello! I'm sorry you are having trouble with the event, however a Harbinger should not spawning in the 'Strike against Dannenglor' skirmish at the moment. Harbingers will only spawn in the skirmishes Nedda Pineleaf indicates and they change daily. The skirmishes for today are Defence of The Prancing Pony, Thievery and Mischief, Trouble in Tuckborough, Siege of Gondamon, and Stand at Amon Sul.

Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheSquids View Post
    Hello! I'm sorry you are having trouble with the event, however a Harbinger should not spawning in the 'Strike against Dannenglor' skirmish at the moment. Harbingers will only spawn in the skirmishes Nedda Pineleaf indicates and they change daily. The skirmishes for today are Defence of The Prancing Pony, Thievery and Mischief, Trouble in Tuckborough, Siege of Gondamon, and Stand at Amon Sul.
    Sorry, my bad. Wrong day. I played this morning before 8.00 am UK time, hence connected Dannenglor with today. I've run Pony in game since my post here, and it is indeed working, so I came back here to edit and correct my previous post, and found your reply.

Arnenna's done much to help everyone's understanding of the event, including SSG then has her brief blonde moment highlighted. Quote before she can edit. Great!

Nedda Pineleaf? It's good to hear that cousin Nedda found her missing vowel.
    Pineleaf Needles,

Skirmisher Director for LOTRO Players.

Remember to skirmish responsibly.

Question

Hello LordOfTheSquids, I think it is great when You guys in staff/devs etc interact and reply. I thank You for that !!!

That being said. How about the other issue being raised by Arnenna further up and by many other in a number of posts ??? Namely that our soldiers (that some have even paid money to unlock the last levels on) has not been updated since Level cap was 105 to scale up properly ??? It means they have skills that either heal or hit as if their level is 105, while the mobs and the rest of us are at current level cap of 120. There is a huge increase in stats after 105 compared to prior to 105, so it is a really huge gap. It results in for example a herbalists healing like 300, usually 600 up to like sometimes 2000 morale, that is all they do. It is barely noticebale when the T3 Mobs hit for alot more than that and very fast. Offensive sodiers do little to no damage and also die in seconds. This lack of soldiers scaling up to current level cap is also why they are defeated so quickly. They are next to useless/pointless. This might not be a big issue on a 12-man skraid (as it's a big blob of people dishing out dps, not even a big deal in duo, but when soloing it is next to impossible to kill some harbingers on LvL 120 T3 (depending on your class) since the soldiers do nothing. You often end up with Your soldier dead in seconds or running around aggroing things so You get in more problems and then the soldier dies etc. You need a properly scaled up and working soldier for that on T3.

They need to be seriously scaled up to fit with current level cap. All their stats etc to match current level cap of 120.

Yes I have managed to finally solo the huge worm, as well as the insane barghest with purple aura around it (looks alot like the warg but the warg is a piece of cake in comparison). All on 120 T3. It took, I don't know how long of kiting, turning to put some bleeds on, almost die each time I stop to hit or cure and end up in melee (yes, some classes need to stand still and end up like rooted while curing), then kite again around and around a fence or whatever could help me in the landscape inside the skirmish, slowly watching them bleed to death while hoping to stay alive. "Run Forrest, RUN". It only works if You are fortunate and get the right skirmish to spawn a specific harbinger, so that it fits for kiting in it. Inskirmishes with little space it is impossible.

However me having been able to finally defeat them is beside the point, as the soldiers should work properly and be scaled up to match current level cap. Especially since unlocking the soldiers final levels are hidden behind a pay-wall.

I thank You for Your time, if You have read this and even more so if You reply and the issue will be properly adressed and fixed. Hopefully very soon (not soon™), while the event is still on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    Hello LordOfTheSquids, I think it is great when You guys in staff/devs etc interact and reply. I thank You for that !!!

That being said. How about the other issue being raised by Arnenna further up and by many other in a number of posts ??? Namely that our soldiers (that some have even paid money to unlock the last levels on) has not been updated since Level cap was 105 to scale up properly ??? It means they have skills that either heal or hit as if their level is 105, while the mobs and the rest of us are at current level cap of 120. There is a huge increase in stats after 105 compared to prior to 105, so it is a really huge gap. It results in for example a herbalists healing like 300, usually 600 up to like sometimes 2000 morale, that is all they do. It is barely noticebale when the T3 Mobs hit for alot more than that and very fast. Offensive sodiers do little to no damage and also die in seconds. This lack of soldiers scaling up to current level cap is also why they are defeated so quickly. They are next to useless/pointless. This might not be a big issue on a 12-man skraid (as it's a big blob of people dishing out dps, not even a big deal in duo, but when soloing it is next to impossible to kill some harbingers on LvL 120 T3 (depending on your class) since the soldiers do nothing. You often end up with Your soldier dead in seconds or running around aggroing things so You get in more problems and then the soldier dies etc. You need a properly scaled up and working soldier for that on T3.

They need to be seriously scaled up to fit with current level cap. All their stats etc to match current level cap of 120.

Yes I have managed to finally solo the huge worm, as well as the insane barghest with purple aura around it (looks alot like the warg but the warg is a piece of cake in comparison). All on 120 T3. It took, I don't know how long of kiting, turning to put some bleeds on, almost die each time I stop to hit or cure and end up in melee (yes, some classes need to stand still and end up like rooted while curing), then kite again around and around a fence or whatever could help me in the landscape inside the skirmish, slowly watching them bleed to death while hoping to stay alive. "Run Forrest, RUN". It only works if You are fortunate and get the right skirmish to spawn a specific harbinger, so that it fits for kiting in it. Inskirmishes with little space it is impossible.

However me having been able to finally defeat them is beside the point, as the soldiers should work properly and be scaled up to match current level cap. Especially since unlocking the soldiers final levels are hidden behind a pay-wall.

I thank You for Your time, if You have read this and even more so if You reply and the issue will be properly adressed and fixed. Hopefully very soon (not soon™), while the event is still on.
    As Skirmishes are one of my favorite things in the game, I'm kinda hoping that this event was launched as some kind of test, to see how many players would take part and enjoy the activity, with a view to whether it would be worth the time investment to upgrade and enhance the system at some point. We can but hope I agree it would be nice to have some of the questions/issues raised addressed as well as my little forgetful moment, but that reply shows they are reading, and that's a good thing. I'll happily live with my brief moment of fallen grace if it brings a Dev into the thread A dev in the thread means - they're getting the feedback.

Though it may not look like it on some things, they are listening on others. Two days ago, killing the harbinger before final bosses was a "must do" thing. After our feedback, its a known issue. That an improvement

p. s. I won't be in game until 1.30 pm UK time from today onward, but if you're on at that time, we can group up for survival.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Feb 14 2019 at 03:39 AM.

Got the title 5 minutes ago. Same Quality /Value as Helegrod Treasury, Disappointed One only, At least one can choose indeed.

Corrupted Crabain Cosmetic Pet, Laughed at his name.

Last edited by Vanyaerunanethiel; Feb 14 2019 at 04:22 AM.
    Fëanáro Curufinwë/The Bright Lord/Yennefer Of Vengerberg 1000+ Videos {Youtube}
    https://vanyalanthiriel.imgur.com/all Ardaranyë Envinyanta Image Compendium
    https://www.twitch.tv/limbairedhiel90 The Chronicles of Valainantiel/AoF

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyaerunanethiel View Post

Got the title 5 minutes ago. Same Quality /Value as Helegrod Treasury, Disappointed One only, At least one can choose indeed.

Corrupted Crabain Cosmetic Pet, Laughed at his name.
    Congratulations !!!

I just got mine like 30-40 min ago, as I explained in this thread with a warning that could be important to some I guess. If only I had known before.

Link: Friendly WARNING: Do NOT Click On The Essences Letter From The Deed - The Box Pops Into Inventory And Is Bound

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2