We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ill omens-deed

ill omens-deed

How can we succed the ill omens t3 deed if we can´t open the "survival of the barrow downs" in t3?
    Could a dev answers please.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    How can we succed the ill omens t3 deed if we can´t open the "survival of the barrow downs" in t3?
    Could a dev answers please.
    They just didn't realize that Barrow Downs Survival doesn't have a t3, or even a t2 for that matter. You'd think that would be something they'd check before adding it to a deed...

I tried this with some friends, and in Barrow Downs Survival the harbinger comes out after 5 minutes. If you kill it though, it doesn't advance the deed:

As I thought. Please fix this fast. Or all the other advancements for the deed are for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ColMcStacky View Post
    You'd think that would be something they'd check before adding it to a deed...

Yes...you would think...

Has anyone ever tried to continue the "survival of the barrow downs" after the harbinger was defeated? I'm afraid of, another harbinger could come when you're longer in the instance. Maybe even a third one, which could correspond to T2 and T3.
    Toons:
    Gwaihir: Hagridarius, Hagrideorn, Hagrideus, Hagridli, Hagridolas, Xarah
    Landroval: Curvith

Yeah there's no T3 for Survival Barrow downs and there doesn't need to be, as its hard as is, I think it should just be removed from the deed an make it 0/18
    Pontin Level 120 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

bump
    Pls remove this skirmish from the deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    Yeah there's no T3 for Survival Barrow downs and there doesn't need to be, as its hard as is, I think it should just be removed from the deed an make it 0/18
    Agreed. I don't think this skirmish should have been included in the first place, as it's a group only skirm. It will prevent many players even going for the deed. If they wish this event to be successful, they need as many players as possible, playing it. Players that enjoy group content can group up for every skirmish in the game, so they are covered, but adding this skirmish will really mess things up for the players that like solo play.

It looks as if this deed was created by someone who doesn't and hasn't ever played Skirmishes. They created a deed to kill a harbinger on t3, for all the skirmishes, then just looked at how many skirms available and wrote down the number. I think they missed that this skirm doesn't have a t3, and I think they also missed that it's a group only skirm. It would also explain why our soldiers and NPC's are such wimps in the t3 skirm runs.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Feb 11 2019 at 02:56 AM.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

The Silence is Deafening

Would one of the Devs please explain how we are to complete the t3 deed with an instance that has no t3 option? They've given us a deed we cannot finish as is. If we are all missing some mysterious way to do Survival of the Barrow Downs t3, please explain how.

Quote Originally Posted by renlisiegfried View Post
    Would one of the Devs please explain how we are to complete the t3 deed with an instance that has no t3 option? They've given us a deed we cannot finish as is. If we are all missing some mysterious way to do Survival of the Barrow Downs t3, please explain how.
    Yes an answer is necessary!!!!! Will there be a fix or is just a waste of time doing the others in t3 and we will never be able to complete it?

Yes an answer is necessary!!!!! Will there be a fix or is just a waste of time doing the others in t3 and we will never be able to complete it?
    I'm sure they will come up with a fix for this. They simply cannot leave a dead deed in player deed logs. Many players have unfinished deeds, but those can always be worked at later on and gone back to. A deed that has registered but that "cannot" be finished because the game has made it "obsolete" or "stuck", is a big no no. For that reason, this event must also return at some point, so that players can finish the deeds involved. The alternative is complete removal of the unfinished deed at the end of the event, but as they said a few years ago, that's not possible (Mirkwood Landing deed), I can't see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    I'm sure they will come up with a fix for this. They simply cannot leave a dead deed in player deed logs. Many players have unfinished deeds, but those can always be worked at later on and gone back to. A deed that has registered but that "cannot" be finished because the game has made it "obsolete" or "stuck", is a big no no. For that reason, this event must also return at some point, so that players can finish the deeds involved. The alternative is complete removal of the unfinished deed at the end of the event, but as they said a few years ago, that's not possible (Mirkwood Landing deed), I can't see that happening.
    But then they must fix it fast best would be yestrerday.

But then they must fix it fast best would be yestrerday.
    Well, it's Monday, and early hours of Monday for them. They probably don't even know it's an issue yet, but they'll find out today I'm sure. Perhaps they will then put it in a hotfix for when the servers go down for reset on Tuesday.

The task itself is doable. It took me 3 attempts. I haven't done this skirm in ages. 1st time killed myself on reflects. Second time Ill Omen spawned right next to me while kiting a group of npcs. Stun and dead. Third time, I lasted near to 20 minutes. Killed the Ill Omen at the 5 minute mark but as said by many no credit on the deed page.

They can keep the skirm on the list but need to change it from needing to be T3 to T1. I did this solo and wouldn't have a problem doing duo or trio if others wanted me to join. Many players are doing these daily now so groups are easy to find.

Change the requirement to T1 and done.
    Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" Sapienza University of Rome

Graduate PhD con lode Scienze della Politica

Quote Originally Posted by sapienze View Post
    The task itself is doable. It took me 3 attempts. I haven't done this skirm in ages. 1st time killed myself on reflects. Second time Ill Omen spawned right next to me while kiting a group of npcs. Stun and dead. Third time, I lasted near to 20 minutes. Killed the Ill Omen at the 5 minute mark but as said by many no credit on the deed page.

They can keep the skirm on the list but need to change it from needing to be T3 to T1. I did this solo and wouldn't have a problem doing duo or trio if others wanted me to join. Many players are doing these daily now so groups are easy to find.

Change the requirement to T1 and done.
    Or make the survival barrow-dows t3.
    Would also be a solution. And a funnier too.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Agreed. I don't think this skirmish should have been included in the first place, as it's a group only skirm. It will prevent many players even going for the deed. If they wish this event to be successful, they need as many players as possible, playing it. Players that enjoy group content can group up for every skirmish in the game, so they are covered, but adding this skirmish will really mess things up for the players that like solo play.

It looks as if this deed was created by someone who doesn't and hasn't ever played Skirmishes. They created a deed to kill a harbinger on t3, for all the skirmishes, then just looked at how many skirms available and wrote down the number. I think they missed that this skirm doesn't have a t3, and I think they also missed that it's a group only skirm. It would also explain why our soldiers and NPC's are such wimps in the t3 skirm runs.
    Yeah looks like it was an oversight on their part which happens, hopefully it will be addressed soon, removed from deed and fixed. and this skirmish was designed and intended to be different then the rest with many interesting deeds, i like having at least one group only skirmish.
    Pontin Level 120 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

We are working on a fix for the Barrow Downs issue. Players will only need to complete Barrow Downs T1 to advance the T3 deed in the next update.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

How do you get the deed to appear? I've done 3 harbingers now and completed 1/12 of the meta quest, but I haven't triggered a deed

Quote Originally Posted by Randulf View Post
    How do you get the deed to appear? I've done 3 harbingers now and completed 1/12 of the meta quest, but I haven't triggered a deed
    60/120 kills deeds need level 120 and T3 deed need to run the skirmish and kill harbinger in a T3 skirmish.

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are working on a fix for the Barrow Downs issue. Players will only need to complete Barrow Downs T1 to advance the T3 deed in the next update.
    Thanks for the answer.

Did you do the skirmishes in t3? Needed for the deed. For the quest t1 is enough.

Disappointing that Barrows isn't just dropped from the list.

It might be ok if it's got a Harbinger spawn around 5 mins (as reported) but getting stuck in there up to an hour will drive us insane. Every other skirmish has the means of taking on the Harbingers without the skirmish adds. Barrow-down doesn't provide any escape from the constant spawns. However we have been used to struggling with T3 stated Harbingers and T1s are a good bit easier and I'm relieved that the fix wasn't to create a T3 version, that would be some kind of hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Olgomil View Post
    60/120 kills deeds need level 120 and T3 deed need to run the skirmish and kill harbinger in a T3 skirmish.

Sergio :-)
    Yeah T3. I'm only 115 though and although I'm running them at 115, will that make a difference?

Yeah T3. I'm only 115 though and although I'm running them at 115, will that make a difference?
    No deed progress if you run them below 120. Apparently the upcoming hotfix will allow the slayer deed to advance below 120, but the T3 deed will still require running them at 120.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    No deed progress if you run them below 120. Apparently the upcoming hotfix will allow the slayer deed to advance below 120, but the T3 deed will still require running them at 120.
    That's annoying. I wanted to stay 115 whilst I was doing Erebor stuff and get the deeds done

Thanks for the replies all

That's annoying. I wanted to stay 115 whilst I was doing Erebor stuff and get the deeds done

Thanks for the replies all
    Try to find some fellows which bring you through level 120 t3. Shouldn't be a problem cause you can succeed them in t3 with half men Power or even less.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast