We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thumbs down The latency issue

Dear players,

I've read some forum posts from a while ago discussed the latency issue for EU players. I started playing 6 years ago and I've always irritated myself on the fact that the lacency was way to high (150 - 180ms). Playing as a Warden and having to time my gambits with high latency was so annoying and not enjoyable. After 2 years being inactive I want to start playing this game again but the latency is still there..

The question is.. Will the plan to have servers run on hardware in Europe ever happen? Otherwise i'm going to spend my money elsewhere..

Quote Originally Posted by Twistro View Post
    The question is.. Will the plan to have servers run on hardware in Europe ever happen? Otherwise i'm going to spend my money elsewhere..
    Turbine officially cancelled that plan. SSG, as far as I know, have never had such a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    Turbine officially cancelled that plan. SSG, as far as I know, have never had such a plan.
    Officially cancelling implies that it was made public once the decision was made. However is was just let out of the bag the following year during a live stream days before the new datacentre went live. Bunch of friends quit then.