We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Totally nerfed

Angry Totally nerfed

Hi

So I admittedly haven't played my LM much recently, only really for crafting. I changed mains when 105 was the cap, LM reached cap then I alted to lvl a different toon.

I read up on the changes and it didn't seem too drastic to me, wizard's fire was annoying and I thought when they said pet lvl wasn't going to be as high as before with traits that they would replace it with higher stats to make the changes almost unnoticeable.

So ###?!?! My pets are almost completely useless now! Fighting green enemies I could usually leave my pet to kill 1 while I killed 2. Now, pet takes forever to kill 1 mob, even a weaker one; I've killed about 10 before pet finally finished his, and different pets aren't making much difference to dmg output either. The tiger, lynx, and bog-guardian, who should be main DPSers, are dealing like 700 dmg with a lvl 106 LM. It said 'devastating' on one of their hits today; the dmg was just above 200!!!!

Come on! For an already weak class, did we need it nerfed this badly? I get the pets might have been a little OP before, I don't expect them to play the whole game for me, but this is just sad now. Please sort it, it's really not fun playing the LM for me atm.

My biggest shock with the changes is the heals being near useless now. LM was never a healer exactly, but Light of Hope and Inner Flame used to be decent enough to help out in a crisis and keep the pet alive. Now, though, Light of Hope barely moves the morale bar and Inner Flame is worse than that since it, too, barely heals and still has a channeling time that takes away from more useful skills you could be using.

My 120 level LM doing great. 10-13K heals, and tomorrow during skrimish event I sometimes one-shot elite T3 Lieutenants how have around 90K health

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    My 120 level LM doing great. 10-13K heals, and tomorrow during skrimish event I sometimes one-shot elite T3 Lieutenants how have around 90K health
    Part of the problem with may of the changes in the past couple yeras is that they only take into account high level players who can have LI legacoes, essences, infusions, etc to boost certain skills. So I am sure many of them became very powerful over time and needed some adjustment. But a character starting out or even into the 60s does not have those advantages and can end up feeling much much weaker for long enough that if you don't know it might be better later, giving up seems like a fine option.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornglen View Post
    Part of the problem with may of the changes in the past couple yeras is that they only take into account high level players who can have LI legacoes, essences, infusions, etc to boost certain skills. So I am sure many of them became very powerful over time and needed some adjustment. But a character starting out or even into the 60s does not have those advantages and can end up feeling much much weaker for long enough that if you don't know it might be better later, giving up seems like a fine option.
    It's understandable for 50+ level LM, IMHO LM always start shining after 50 level. But for 105+ level hero 120 level not very far away, and 105-106 levels can be really hard. Because somehow developers somehow make them more harder when 100 or 110+ levels.

If you've been away you might've missed the stat adjustment changes that came with Mordor. There is a massively steep uphill difficulty increase between 105 and 106+ level mobs. If you are having trouble on your 105 LM killing basic mobs 106+, this is why.

LM has gotten a big damage increase midway through last year. This was mostly done for red line, but noticeable also in yellow. If you're not noticing it, it is likely the first paragraph's scenario, or you're running blue line. Since you mention not playing your LM lately, it could also be largely under-geared. Though even with best in slot 105 gear, players will have difficulties killing basic 106+ landscape mobs due to steep itemization discrepancy as already described.
    Éalá Éarendel engla beorhtast,
    ofer middangeard monnum sended,
    ond sóð
    fæsta sunnan léoma,
    torht ofer tung
    las, þú tída gehwane,
    of sylfum þé symle inlíhtes!

-
    "Leaving the game plan is a sign of panic, and panic is not in our game plan." - Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by Thornglen View Post
    My biggest shock with the changes is the heals being near useless now. LM was never a healer exactly, but Light of Hope and Inner Flame used to be decent enough to help out in a crisis and keep the pet alive. Now, though, Light of Hope barely moves the morale bar and Inner Flame is worse than that since it, too, barely heals and still has a channeling time that takes away from more useful skills you could be using.
    Inner Flame is one of those things that has barely scaled over time. I think it heals the same amount now that it did at level 100 or 95 even, the only change made to it since being that they cut the channel duration in half and doubled the heal (for same HPS). I would love for Inner Flame to be decent again, especially if they actually make a trait for it to finally become group-wide again...

What level are you at though? In my experience at level 120 now, Light/Beacon of Hope heals about 15-20k and can actually crit upwards of 60-80k. Not sure how it is at lower levels though. Also, if you have Water-Lore, use that for healing whenever possible. It's pretty strong now. I find it heals about 7-10k, and crits upwards of 18-23k per tick (again, at level 120).

Quote Originally Posted by ColMcStacky View Post
    Inner Flame is one of those things that has barely scaled over time. I think it heals the same amount now that it did at level 100 or 95 even, the only change made to it since being that they cut the channel duration in half and doubled the heal (for same HPS). I would love for Inner Flame to be decent again, especially if they actually make a trait for it to finally become group-wide again...

What level are you at though? In my experience at level 120 now, Light/Beacon of Hope heals about 15-20k and can actually crit upwards of 60-80k. Not sure how it is at lower levels though. Also, if you have Water-Lore, use that for healing whenever possible. It's pretty strong now. I find it heals about 7-10k, and crits upwards of 18-23k per tick (again, at level 120).
    Only level 60 at the moment. Blue line. Which, to me, seems like a logical place for it to work really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Herwegur View Post
    If you've been away you might've missed the stat adjustment changes that came with Mordor. There is a massively steep uphill difficulty increase between 105 and 106+ level mobs. If you are having trouble on your 105 LM killing basic mobs 106+, this is why.

LM has gotten a big damage increase midway through last year. This was mostly done for red line, but noticeable also in yellow. If you're not noticing it, it is likely the first paragraph's scenario, or you're running blue line. Since you mention not playing your LM lately, it could also be largely under-geared. Though even with best in slot 105 gear, players will have difficulties killing basic 106+ landscape mobs due to steep itemization discrepancy as already described.
    Yeah sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear.

I'm not struggling much more than I usually did, and yeah I did know about the updates and changes. What I'm issuing isn't character damage, it's pet damage. The pets are now dealing stupid small damage, making them almost entirely useless except the buffs from blue line and a few skills like Eagle's rez or bog guardian stuns. It's the pet damage I'm POed at.

Also annoyed with Wizard's Fire and Gust of Wind changes, makes upgrading Burning Embers much slower and more annoying, but that's not too big of an issue.

Frankly, my LM hasn't slotted Inner Flame since Helm's Deep came out: I have better places for those points. A rooting, channeled heal than only affects you, and your pet if you;re close enough? No thank you.
    Immigrant from the City of Paragon. We are heroes. This is what we do.

Founding member of Mornost Gwend of Gladden. "We shout a lot!"

I'm starting to play my LM again after stopping about halfway through Mordor. This was my 3rd alt through the area and just couldn't finish.

I recently slotted Inner Flame because I kept getting defeated in the new area while trying to use Improved Power of Knowledge. It seems that the Improved version is gone from red line and has been replaced with regular Power of Knowledge which no longer heals while draining power. When was that heal removed? Can I get it from using another line now? Do I need to use Yellow line and dig into red for DPS?

A while back I was using Improved Power of Knowledge whenever I got into trouble and Inner Flame doesn't seem to be doing a good job of replacing it. I don't know if that heal was already gone in Mordor and I never needed it or if it was removed recently. The T3 Skirmish Assaults have been a real struggle on my LM.

Quote Originally Posted by CountBatlord View Post
    Hi

So I admittedly haven't played my LM much recently, only really for crafting. I changed mains when 105 was the cap, LM reached cap then I alted to lvl a different toon.

I read up on the changes and it didn't seem too drastic to me, wizard's fire was annoying and I thought when they said pet lvl wasn't going to be as high as before with traits that they would replace it with higher stats to make the changes almost unnoticeable.

So ###?!?! My pets are almost completely useless now! Fighting green enemies I could usually leave my pet to kill 1 while I killed 2. Now, pet takes forever to kill 1 mob, even a weaker one; I've killed about 10 before pet finally finished his, and different pets aren't making much difference to dmg output either. The tiger, lynx, and bog-guardian, who should be main DPSers, are dealing like 700 dmg with a lvl 106 LM. It said 'devastating' on one of their hits today; the dmg was just above 200!!!!

Come on! For an already weak class, did we need it nerfed this badly? I get the pets might have been a little OP before, I don't expect them to play the whole game for me, but this is just sad now. Please sort it, it's really not fun playing the LM for me atm.
    In raids my raven does around 1-2,5k dmg hits. And I am pretty sure my lynx deals at least double that dmg. It´s not strong, but still much more than what you mentioned. So I am curious how to achieve such low values.

Quote Originally Posted by Erikorum View Post
    I'm starting to play my LM again after stopping about halfway through Mordor. This was my 3rd alt through the area and just couldn't finish.

I recently slotted Inner Flame because I kept getting defeated in the new area while trying to use Improved Power of Knowledge. It seems that the Improved version is gone from red line and has been replaced with regular Power of Knowledge which no longer heals while draining power. When was that heal removed? Can I get it from using another line now? Do I need to use Yellow line and dig into red for DPS?

A while back I was using Improved Power of Knowledge whenever I got into trouble and Inner Flame doesn't seem to be doing a good job of replacing it. I don't know if that heal was already gone in Mordor and I never needed it or if it was removed recently. The T3 Skirmish Assaults have been a real struggle on my LM.

The heal from PoK was removed somewhere around May, 2018 with the first class balance. Originally, this skill was draining only power, with class changes in Helms Deep they added heal morale part. In the May the "heal morale" part was changed into "deal lightning dmg" part.

Thus, there is no possibility how to get the "heal morale" on this skill.
    Ich bin kein Deutscher, sorry für Grammatik.
    English isn't my native language, sorry for mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Estelrandir View Post
    In raids my raven does around 1-2,5k dmg hits. And I am pretty sure my lynx deals at least double that dmg. It´s not strong, but still much more than what you mentioned. So I am curious how to achieve such low values.
    I guess he's referring to landscape. In a raid setting, pet DPS will be higher due to all those buffs and debuffs going on.

I think that most pet skills need to be normalized. Vastin did that with many Minstrel skills with the last patch, and explained the meaning here:
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...t=#post7911269

I guess most pet skills scale linearily at the moment. Meaning that compared to lvl 100, they do 20% more damage at lvl 120. But mob morale and damage grew a bit more than 20% (trippled? quadruppled?). Pet damage at lvl 100 wasn't that great to begin with, so at lvl 120, it is quite pitiful now.

So, in answer to OP: Pet damage wasn't nerfed, it just doesn't scale very well.

In addition to heals not working very well in general (at least at level 60), I was just working on the Inner Flame deed and noticed that it is a 5 second channel with a heal that supposedly kicks off every 1 second, but there are only 4 ticks of healing. Is that how it is meant to work, or is it a bug?

Maybe the devs think the fire damage buff of Inner Flame is making up for the low healing, but given the time lost to channeling I'm not sure it comes anywhere close. It just makes up for some of the damage lost.