We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Did you forget SSG? I'm posting to remind you

When u23 launched around 5 months ago I noticed that you neglected not only to scale the loot in your skirmishes (how many are there, 20+?) but you failed to scale the monsters as well.

Well I thought to myself, in 5 months, they must have remembered to scale their game that people pay 15 dollars a month for.

Nope. The new skirmish update was a promising idea... however it takes us into skirmishes that aren't even scaled. The loot is useless. Did a t3 moria skraid , and the leadfoot brutes died instantly from us! t3!

The LOL is too much. It feels like a cruel joke at this point. Big MMO's require the subscription to pay for constant maintenance. So if you aren't maintaining your game (and you aren't), how can you justify this fee?

Your game feels cheap and broken. Take care of it.

Bro, if they can't even maintain events calendar to let us know when this year's festivals are coming, you couldn't possibly expect them to actually maintain the game product itself The loot tables in skirmishes is such a joke I've stopped running them long ago. I literally have to pay others to take those "Potent Dexterous Items of Penetration" off my hands, nobody wants this junk anymore.

The scaling in skirmishes is all to pot.

A t3 Skraid is a much easier affair than a t3 solo. I haven't yet tried a Skraid with a new Harbinger in it, but I'm going to take a guess, going on the OP that they are easily taken down. On the other end of the scale, in a solo t3, trying to keep the harbinger off NPC's that must not be defeated, along with all the other mobs that enter the fray, is proving to be a royal pain in the butt. Killing them is ok, if you are on a class that can kite and keep some distance, but keeping everything off that precious, but weakling of an NPC, nope.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    The scaling in skirmishes is all to pot.

A t3 Skraid is a much easier affair than a t3 solo. I haven't yet tried a Skraid with a new Harbinger in it, but I'm going to take a guess, going on the OP that they are easily taken down. On the other end of the scale, in a solo t3, trying to keep the harbinger off NPC's that must not be defeated, along with all the other mobs that enter the fray, is proving to be a royal pain in the butt. Killing them is ok, if you are on a class that can kite and keep some distance, but keeping everything off that precious, but weakling of an NPC, nope.
    It's easy in the raid.

I did the rift one solo today on T3. It was at the edge of my ability on red hunter. I died once then took food and scrolls and beat it ok. Actually for me the final boss in rift was harder due to my lousy tac mit.

NPC's inside skraids are also dying in one hit...

bump

Quote Originally Posted by Aelir View Post
    Bro, if they can't even maintain events calendar to let us know when this year's festivals are coming, you couldn't possibly expect them to actually maintain the game product itself The loot tables in skirmishes is such a joke I've stopped running them long ago. I literally have to pay others to take those "Potent Dexterous Items of Penetration" off my hands, nobody wants this junk anymore.
    You know, I've been thinking something like this for some time now. I got the impression they can no longer handle maintaining their game and all that goes with it (no producer's letter, content and loot not scaled properly, no proper explanation of new concepts (players have to write guides so that other players understand how things work - this should be ssg's job), beta content going live ripe with bugs and so on. In previous years I would laugh at people fearing the shutdown or maintenance mode of the game, but today I am thinking along this line as well. This worry is even deepened by the Legendary Servers which fit very well in this picture because they will require no new content for quite some time. Just too much that would be "normal" for a fully functional game is missing.
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

Quote Originally Posted by BadJuju View Post
    NPC's inside skraids are also dying in one hit...
    This isn't true I've doing Ill Omens quest in Skraids and ones that have NPCs that need to survive do just fine it takes more then 1 hit, however you do need a Healer on them to keep alive. also the mobs in skirmishes have scaled so not sure what your talking about there.
    Pontin Level 120 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Gildoriel View Post
    You know, I've been thinking something like this for some time now. I got the impression they can no longer handle maintaining their game and all that goes with it (no producer's letter, content and loot not scaled properly, no proper explanation of new concepts (players have to write guides so that other players understand how things work - this should be ssg's job), beta content going live ripe with bugs and so on. In previous years I would laugh at people fearing the shutdown or maintenance mode of the game, but today I am thinking along this line as well. This worry is even deepened by the Legendary Servers which fit very well in this picture because they will require no new content for quite some time. Just too much that would be "normal" for a fully functional game is missing.
    I have been wondering the same thing myself.
    What I hope they are doing with the Legendary Servers is seeing if it's possible to make a single player game so we don't loose everything and can still play in some form.

Quote Originally Posted by Gildoriel View Post

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Dinara View Post
    I have been wondering the same thing myself.
    What I hope they are doing with the Legendary Servers is seeing if it's possible to make a single player game so we don't loose everything and can still play in some form.
    How do you get a single player game out of the LS?

In any event, I doubt that the license covers a single player game. Or that they would be able to keep the license if they didn't keep a MMORPG going.

Quote Originally Posted by Scirocco View Post
    How do you get a single player game out of the LS?

In any event, I doubt that the license covers a single player game. Or that they would be able to keep the license if they didn't keep a MMORPG going.
    I don't know, but I can only hope. I love this game and would like to be able to still play in some form if it shuts down.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    This isn't true I've doing Ill Omens quest in Skraids and ones that have NPCs that need to survive do just fine it takes more then 1 hit, however you do need a Healer on them to keep alive. also the mobs in skirmishes have scaled so not sure what your talking about there.
    I'm talking about the leadfoot brutes doing a single induction and killing the npc instantly.