We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

and another pointlessly capped currency

Yeh getting fed up with the errors here. +/-5? Nah doesn't work. Harbinger spawns at end? Counts for quest but not for deed. Skirm loot still stupid low, skirm soldiers pathetic.
    And to add insult to injury, a cap of 50 doodads. Seriously?

Thanks, but no thanks.
    Back to MT dailies and Crafting insts, hey ho.
    A vote for Sapience is a vote for progress! Vote today!

Quote Originally Posted by DancesInTrees View Post
    Yeh getting fed up with the errors here. +/-5? Nah doesn't work. Harbinger spawns at end? Counts for quest but not for deed. Skirm loot still stupid low, skirm soldiers pathetic.
    And to add insult to injury, a cap of 50 doodads. Seriously?

Thanks, but no thanks.
    Back to MT dailies and Crafting insts, hey ho.
    Yeah, I'm reading the same feeling from a lot of players that I'm reading in World chat and there are a few threads on the forums that show disappointment. I will push through for the main deed (the essence doesn't really bother me one way or the other, but the deed does), because I like Skirms, but I don't think I'll push myself through the punishing grind for the t3 deed. They need to take a look at some of the harbingers and see what they are pushing out, especially on Skirms where keeping an NPC alive is paramount and the harbinger spawns along with a group of other assault mobs.

All this capping on everything (currencies, instance locks etc) is killing the game for me, and from what I can tell, a lot of other players too.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

LOL what's even the sense on capping to 50 this thing, when there are only 5 cosmetic items that cost 40 tokens each? xD

Quote Originally Posted by Fegefeuer View Post
    LOL what's even the sense on capping to 50 this thing, when there are only 5 cosmetic items that cost 40 tokens each? xD
    It really just seems like a policy at this point. The implementation of currency caps, especially for something like this is one of the dumbest things in this game. Especially since they just replace the currency later down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHylianLink98 View Post
    The implementation of currency caps, especially for something like this is one of the dumbest things in this game. Especially since they just replace the currency later down the road.
    One could assume that the currency remains and is capped for this reason. On the other hand we now have limits on ash of enchantment (which is pretty much outdated except for LoE essences), so it seems the concept is not really consistent.

I don't like caps on currency. It limits us and punishes those who like to take their time deciding which item they want. Now we can't even continue doing the content unless we buy an item since we will stop earning tokens until we buy something

To make a game fun I feel it is important to try to not be too restrictive, to not try to force people to play the same way.
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Indeed. The idea of the event seems to be to encourage people to look at/do skirms. Then they add a currency cap to discourage people. Seems a bit counter-productive.

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    Indeed. The idea of the event seems to be to encourage people to look at/do skirms. Then they add a currency cap to discourage people. Seems a bit counter-productive.
    I was kinda wondering that too. Sometimes the way they do things seems haphazard.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Currency caps are pointless, dissuades people from actually running content, and every reason the SSG has given for it is nonsense. I will grind festival events like a fiend for hours a day for no other reason than to see the number of tokens go up. I'm a completionist who wants every cosmetic, pet, housing furniture, and title I can get my hands on. But I took one look at the event and said "Nope!" And everyone that I've talked to in my kin (who greatly value cosmetics and pets) said the same thing. We want no part of it. Once again, SSG took something that should have been a fun event and tacked on so many pointless bureaucratic rules and ways to make playing it unrewarding that players get frustrated.

I would REALLY love to listen in on a meeting where such decisions are made. Though I suspect there are no such meetings, and whoever was told to add the currency did so with zero input from whoever designed the barters.

Its a miracle those 5 totally OP cosmetics aren't priced at 100/pop.

Quote Originally Posted by scorrp10 View Post
    Its a miracle those 5 totally OP cosmetics aren't priced at 100/pop.

Shhhhhhh....maybe that's one of the things they hope to "fix" soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Narthalion View Post
    Shhhhhhh....maybe that's one of the things they hope to "fix" soon.
    If they can make money off of it it'll make the next patch lol
    Varkking - Dwarf Rune-Keeper - Devout of the Lidless Eye - Anor Server

I'm guessing there's a certain amount of fear that without a cap on currencies a mistake in implementation could wreck their own finances.

Mordor key dailies were left available twice a day for 9 months and that affects key sales today. Good grief the Skirm Event started with the same duff code no lesson learnt? Whoever implanted that timer for Mordor, and denied it was true, cost the company money and right now has us feeling we are playing a Dickensian MMO.
    Last edited by Ballie; Feb 11 2019 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dsltn07 View Post
    Has an actual legitimate reason ever been given for the currency caps? Dissuading people from playing the game seems like a poor design decision. Personally, I like to save up enough currency to get 3-4+ items at a time so that I can plan builds out when I get items. Most currency caps force you to buy 1-2 items piecemeal otherwise you cap out. This is bad, dissuades playing and planning gear. People don’t buy things if they’re not playing SSG!
    I decided to edit this post to something less cynical. Currency caps are put into place to protect you from yourself. Humans have a temptation to game the system. Let's say there is no cap on "coins of whatever", you grind and grind and grind and amass 30k coins. You run over to the barter npc and grab up all the goodies and still have 20k leftover. Three or four months down the road they release new content in the form of an instance or item. On day one you head over to the barter npc and pick up all the new stuff. You had zero motivation for running the new content or even running the old content for new stuff. A week or so later you head to the forums to complain that there isn't anything to do. With a cap this is impossible, and it keeps older and newer content relevant and desirable.
    Last edited by Amennator; Feb 14 2019 at 07:23 PM.

And yet, historically with every update since the first update of SoA to Moria, the currencies change. The goody cap only harms alts, not future progression, unless they’ll begin recycling old currencies for new updates.
    Historically, some people believed that dancing meant you were a devil worshiper. Things change.

...what?

Do you have any examples available besides skirm marks and gold, where a currency was retained from one expansion/level cap to the next?
    Ancient Ithil coins and Morgul Crests come to mind. In fact there was a big stink over morgul crests being carried over and how it gave players who farmed tons of them a distinct advantage. Stars of Merit carried over from multiple cap increases. I believe the Minas Tirith dailies give coins that can be used to barter for empowerment scrolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Amennator View Post
    Ancient Ithil coins and Morgul Crests come to mind. In fact there was a big stink over morgul crests being carried over and how it gave players who farmed tons of them a distinct advantage.

lol Both of those examples are a long way from the ridiculously low limit of "50" for the current event.

The whole thing is just silly...and once again, not very well thought out.

Quote Originally Posted by Narthalion View Post
    lol Both of those examples are a long way from the ridiculously low limit of "50" for the current event.

The whole thing is just silly...and once again, not very well thought out.
    Did I not answer their question with legitimate examples of currencies that carried over?

Did I not answer their question with legitimate examples of currencies that carried over?

Um...yes...I guess you did. Why?

Did you think I was trying to make fun of your answer? If so...my apologies. I was simply trying to point out the absurdity of the low current limit for the "skirmish event".

Only has anything to do with level cap because imbuement stopped at 100. That’s more from a lack of content/expansion on LIs for 20 levels than anything else.
    Whatever, keep changing the goal posts to suit your narrative. Morgul Crests were used to get gear and essence recipes for lvl 100 and 105.

Whatever, keep changing the goal posts to suit your narrative. Morgul Crests were used to get gear and essence recipes for lvl 100 and 105.
    It's true that empowerment scrolls are earned via old tokens from previous packs, but they aren't new items, they are level 100, very much old items, used to fuel and old system that didn't age right. A lot of players would love to see empowerment scrolls added to end level content, but it's never been done. They have to leave them available in the level 100 content, because items imbue at that level, but there is no reason to not add them to level cap content for higher level players to enjoy earning them on level.

Morgul crests on the other hand where a different kettle of fish. They were allowed to be carried over to buy the brand new shiny of the next pack and the next level cap raise.

Then of course, along came ash, which was the start of all this, "cap it so you can't hoard it" era. Then low and behold, when the Northern Strongholds appeared, it was a brand new currency, and then the Ironfold arrived, with three new currencies. Ash was converted to motes, Embers rule the day. So at the end of the day, it was really, all for nothing.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    ...It's true that empowerment scrolls are earned via old tokens from previous packs, but they aren't new items, they are level 100, very much old items, used to fuel and old system that didn't age right. A lot of players would love to see empowerment scrolls added to end level content, but it's never been done. They have to leave them available in the level 100 content, because items imbue at that level, but there is no reason to not add them to level cap content for higher level players to enjoy earning them on level...
    You can still get Emp Scrolls if You run FI. As long as You run one on at least 112 (if you're 120, since we're talking end game) and then one on 120. You can get maybe 2-5 depending on rng. Yes, depedning on what is the FI of the week it is hard or easy to get groups. Last week when it was a 3-man, namely school, it was easy to find groups and fast runs. I really enjoyed it and doing the challenge to stop books from burning etc. Got quite a few emp scrolls, as well as a few Symbol of the Elder King and some star-lits. Some weeks I find no groups during the times I play as they require at least 6, sometimes 12-man those weeks. 3-man is the best for it.

Other than that, yes I agree, emp scroll have become a pain in the butt as they don't seem to drop on 120 end-game instances on T1 in the new region etc. At least not commonly, seems very rare. CoS was great for that when 115 was cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    Other than that, yes I agree, emp scroll have become a pain in the butt as they don't seem to drop on 120 end-game instances on T1 in the new region etc. At least not commonly, seems very rare. CoS was great for that when 115 was cap.
    I got one in Caverns T1. You get more at T2.
    We should be given the opportunity to exchange pointless Coins of Grarik for them.
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

I was annoyed last night when i went to turn in a quest for the ill omen tokens with Nedda and i got the message ill omen tokens at cap reward 0 tokens. Okay 2 tokens lost is no big thing but there was no indication i was at cap and why the heck are the tokens capped anyway.

While i am on the subject i think the rewards need a rethink, two quite nice cloaks and three pets (i dont collect pets) some scrolls maybe or crystals or even just more cosmetic items.
    Somthing to spend the tokens on at least.

Only has anything to do with level cap because imbuement stopped at 100. That’s more from a lack of content/expansion on LIs for 20 levels than anything else.
    Motes/embers of enchantment.

Technically they are just used for one expansion/update, but there were several rounds of gear release in each that all used the same currency (motes/embers). If you go back and read the form posts from when they first introduced the capes on what was then ash, the devs specifically mention one of the reasons for the cap was not wanting people to be able to fully equip their toons with the new gear day one, without having to run any content.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast