We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hunter oils and LI damage types

Just getting my little hunter into Moria, and with new ability to use LIs comes this question:

When a LI title scroll promises +% increase to Light or Fire damage, would this apply to hunter's ranged skills under effect of Light oil or Fire oil? Oils do temporarily convert ranged damage type to light or fire - will this LI title work on them, or is this only limited to tactical light or fire damage (mini, LM, rk)?

Quote Originally Posted by Aelir View Post
    Just getting my little hunter into Moria, and with new ability to use LIs comes this question:

When a LI title scroll promises +% increase to Light or Fire damage, would this apply to hunter's ranged skills under effect of Light oil or Fire oil? Oils do temporarily convert ranged damage type to light or fire - will this LI title work on them, or is this only limited to tactical light or fire damage (mini, LM, rk)?
    Oils convert all ranged skills to fire/light damage with exception of Heartseeker and Merciful Shot. HS and MS will use whatever damage type is on your main-hand weapon, or common damage if you have no LI title. If I'm solo questing, I use the default Beleriand damage on my bow but if I'm grouped with LM/RK, then I'll apply fire oils for the damage increase due to their debuffs. If a particular boss reflects fire damage or is immune to it, like Ruined City final boss or 1st boss Sammath Gul, I use light oils.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelir View Post

Those titles are only usable on class-items (LM or Minstrel book, Captain emblem, champion rune, Guardian belt, Burglar tools), you can't use them on a weapon.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.
    Trapper of Foes needs better tools to fulfill it's supporting(CC and offensive debuffs) and DoT role.