We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruadarion View Post
    Avorthalier - Gwaihir

64 wipes / 65 pulls btw

The enrage timer is 8 minutes, but you have a 19 min fight on Combat Analysis? Uh hello? This seems like an obvious exploit

Quote Originally Posted by xxSniperxx View Post
    The enrage timer is 8 minutes, but you have a 19 min fight on Combat Analysis? Uh hello? This seems like an obvious exploit
    No.
    Eruadarion | Captain | on Gwaihir [EU-DE]
    www.avorthalier.eu

No.
    Amazing counter argument, but the fact still remains that your group survived for almost 20 minutes in the hardest boss fight on T3. How?

Boss can enrage but as long as you don't wipe or reset it it stays active. Can be easily achieved with such a huge arena i'd say.
    Fearendur, Captain R12 -- Challenger of Gothmog, Original Challenger of the Abyss, Lead the Charge at the Anvil of WInterstith
    Eleannora, Rune Keeper R10 -- Aemeryllis, Guardian
    Odyssey - Prime

Avorthalier - Gwaihir

2 wipes / 3 pulls

www.avorthalier.eu

Quote Originally Posted by Harigrim View Post
    Boss can enrage but as long as you don't wipe or reset it it stays active. Can be easily achieved with such a huge arena i'd say.
    Are you seriously implying that the boss just did not belly flop or give out blue eyes for 12 min? Not only that but your tank manage to survive for that long?
    Last edited by Smapper; Feb 07 2019 at 09:15 PM.
    44 Bulldog

Quote Originally Posted by Smapper View Post
    Are you seriously implying that the boss just did not belly flop or give out blue eyes for 12 min? Not only that but your tank manage to survive for that long?
    perhaps
    Fearendur, Captain R12 -- Challenger of Gothmog, Original Challenger of the Abyss, Lead the Charge at the Anvil of WInterstith
    Eleannora, Rune Keeper R10 -- Aemeryllis, Guardian
    Odyssey - Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Smapper View Post
    Yeah, if you're able to stay alive in enrage mode for longer than the boss wasn't in enrage mode, then something is seriously wrong.

To be honest I am really disappointed in how most people just ignore the rules of this thread.

1.) I made it very clear that I consider holding back boss kills to be really bad sportsmanship. You're really not doing the raiding community any favor doing this. Has anyone of you ever followed the raid progress of other games? Like for example the current raid in World of Warcraft? On raider.io or wowprogress.com, you are able to see every progress of every team minutes or even seconds after they killed a new boss. This is what makes the race thrilling and entertaining to follow. Are you guys seriously so obsessed with not revealing any single bit of your strategy, group setup, etc. until you cleared the whole raid? That's just immature in my opinion. Honestly speaking, after having mentioned this rule not only in the opening post, but also politely reminding everyone a second time in this thread, I am now tempted to just exclude some of the groups above from the ranking...

2.) I also said the kill screenshots should show the "T3 completed" message on your screen. It should show the moment you killed the boss - not minutes later, hiding a third of your UI behind a deed log. Followers of this thread should be able to get a glimpse of what may have happened in the last seconds of your fight. First of all it's just more entertaining to see, and second it's also easier to spot potential exploits that may have been used (or proof that no obvious exploits were used). But again, most of you are afraid to give away too much information if you post a screenshot of the actual moment of the boss kill. And don't tell me you "forgot to take a screenshot" in time, because let's be honest, we all know you're all pressing the screenshot button like crazy when you legitimately kill a T3 raid boss for the first time. This kind of immature behavior really ruins the fun for me personally, and I believe also for many others who consider themselves part of LOTRO's raiding community.

For now, I decided to not add any groups to the list until at least 5 groups killed boss 1 and posted their video footage.
    Last edited by GoodGuySmaug; Feb 07 2019 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuySmaug View Post
    To be honest I am really disappointed in how most people just ignore the rules of this thread.

1.) I made it very clear that I consider holding back boss kills to be really bad sportsmanship. You're really not doing the raiding community any favor doing this. Has anyone of you ever followed the raid progress of other games? Like for example the current raid in World of Warcraft? On raider.io or wowprogress.com, you are able to see every progress of every team minutes or even seconds after they killed a new boss. This is what makes the race thrilling and entertaining to follow. Are you guys seriously so obsessed with not revealing any single bit of your strategy, group setup, etc. until you cleared the whole raid? That's just immature in my opinion. Honestly speaking, after having mentioned this rule not only in the opening post, but also politely remembering everyone a second time in this thread, I am now tempted to just exclude Back in Black, Eru Echor and the No-Kinship-group from the ranking...

2.) I also said the kill screenshots should show the "T3 completed" message on your screen. It should show the moment you killed the boss - not minutes later, hiding a third of your UI behind a deed log. Followers of this thread should be able to get a glimpse of what may have happened in the last seconds of your fight. First of all it's just more entertaining to see, and second it's also easier to spot potential exploits that may have been used (or proof that no obvious exploits were used). But again, most of you are afraid to give away too much information if you post a screenshot of the actual moment of the boss kill. And don't tell me you "forgot to take a screenshot" in time, because let's be honest, we all know you're all pressing the screenshot button like crazy when you legitimately kill a T3 raid boss for the first time. This kind of immature behavior really ruins the fun for me personally, and I believe also for many others who consider themselves part of LOTRO's raiding community.

For now, I decided to not add any groups to the list until at least 5 groups killed boss 1 and posted their video footage.
    Hello! First of all thanks for hosting the thread!

1. As you know, before that i always posted screens right after kill happen, but for now we have no kinship and limited with only 1 raid day per week (this day is today), so i posted it right after we finished the run. I don't want to hide any strats, moreover we had no plans to compete this progression tier. Our today's run was really hard (starting with only 10 people and etc. etc.), so i didn't even think about posting screens, i was busy with other raid stuff. Sorry for that.
    Feel free to exclude us if this is unacceptable.

2. As far as i know, our main tank recorded the whole raid, but he's offline, so i can upload the proper screens later today.

And don't tell me you "forgot to take a screenshot" in time, because let's be honest, we all know you're all pressing the screenshot button like crazy when you legitimately kill a T3 raid boss for the first time. .
    Too old for this really. And to be honest this raid not forced me personally to spam PrntScrn, but i agree, thread rules must be followed no excuses.
    Last edited by Siddharta; Feb 07 2019 at 11:20 PM.
    Xolla;Tishina

1.) I made it very clear that I consider holding back boss kills to be really bad sportsmanship. You're really not doing the raiding community any favor doing this. Has anyone of you ever followed the raid progress of other games? Like for example the current raid in World of Warcraft? On raider.io or wowprogress.com, you are able to see every progress of every team minutes or even seconds after they killed a new boss. This is what makes the race thrilling and entertaining to follow. Are you guys seriously so obsessed with not revealing any single bit of your strategy, group setup, etc. until you cleared the whole raid? That's just immature in my opinion. Honestly speaking, after having mentioned this rule not only in the opening post, but also politely reminding everyone a second time in this thread, I am now tempted to just exclude some of the groups above from the ranking...

Do you really wanna compare WoW world first race and lotro? xD
    And you should know the 2nd best guild in the world actually didnt stream or posted anything to do not share tactics and their progress (and lost anyways the race by a mile lol).

Personally i dont mind to share videos or screenshots. And i think the fail comes from SSG, not from the community. They clearly dont care a s*** about this race.
    Rialtan - Rk - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog
    Stragnokka - Champ - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog

#salute to all my Back in Black kinship!
    Congratulations!

Waiting for Elze's baby rage.
    Last edited by Axillo; Feb 08 2019 at 02:20 AM.
    Change yourself.

If you wanted the screenshots within seconds/minutes, you should said so in the opening post. I never followed a raid progress in other game, no idea how it works elsewhere.

For me, it is a common sense to wait until end of the raid to avoid distracting me with something like posting pictures on forum. On the other side, waiting a couple of days or weeks is too much for me.

But I also understand that followers of progress would welcome to be informed every second, I can even imagine they would welcome an online stream of every competing raid group to see how they adjust their strategy with each try.

Hiding strategy is also a common sense. If there is a bit of information which can reveal the succesful strategy, why would I want to reveal it to others and lose the lead which I gained? I do understand that there is fear of using exploits, but once there is a video from the first kill, one should be able to verify it.

And no, I am not taking screenshots like crazy because I am enjoying the moment of victory and achievement.

Just my 2 cents.
    Ich bin kein Deutscher, sorry für Grammatik.
    English isn't my native language, sorry for mistakes.

Congratulations to those completing already on T3 and anyone else who also made progress in this raid.
    Well played folks!
    Knight | Captain | Arkenstone

Gratz to all(or most) T3 kills.

I can agree with the OP tho, rules should be followed.
    Specially since most people here participated in the other raid progression threads from him in abyss and throne aswell.

And i really wonder what make russians the better lotro players/raiders if they are able to get a kill so much faster then other raids from germany/en/na.
    specially without br testing t3 this time.

Avorthalier - Gwaihir

64 wipes / 65 pulls btw

19 MINUTE FIGHT for your final, successful attempt... What?! O.o How did you combat the enrage thing !?
    Gilrain - World Draigoch First 13/10/2011
    +Celestrata - 'Surprise, it's not a glitch! :D'
    +Celestrata tells you 'You are by far the best mini I've seen out of any server, Congrats on world first!'

Quote Originally Posted by Thorebane View Post
    19 MINUTE FIGHT for your final, successful attempt... What?! O.o How did you combat the enrage thing !?
    Pretty supicious if you ask me because seems unlikely that they got 12 mins of fight without any blue eye or belly flop no matter how much they kited the boss. Not counting there the amount of adds you get. Either this boss does nothing if you kite it or there was an exploit involved.

Considering that at least 2 groups use enrage exploit, we need a video confirmation.

Avorthalier - Gwaihir

1 wipe / 2 pulls

www.avorthalier.eu

A Dev has been asked on discord about the length of the fight/enrage timer.

It has been said that the fight is supposed to only last around the 8odd minute mark aka enrage timer time. It is a bug/not intended if there has been a specific way to prolong the fight past that time.
    Gilrain - World Draigoch First 13/10/2011
    +Celestrata - 'Surprise, it's not a glitch! :D'
    +Celestrata tells you 'You are by far the best mini I've seen out of any server, Congrats on world first!'

Congratulations to Portal (or old Portal members) for their world first legit kill

(Yes, I am aware Back in Black is not Portal)

Avorthalier - Gwaihir
    6 wipes

www.avorthalier.eu

Quote Originally Posted by Thodrien View Post

And i really wonder what make russians the better lotro players/raiders if they are able to get a kill so much faster then other raids from germany/en/na.
    specially without br testing t3 this time.
    what makes you think they are better players? they just invest more time on a single raid day....
    Hecki Hecki Pateng ~ Soldurii ~ Thelyn Ennor ~ Banditos // Vanyar & Gwaihir (EU-DE)

After hearing about so many different exploits i really wonder if any kill of boss 1 t3 is legit.
    Kiting adds with "unintended" heals, ignoring an enrage timer who isnt even implemented, skipping the most dangerous mechnic of the whole fight.

Same for boss 4 where a lot of exploits are getting used.....

what a desaster of a raid release.....

not gonna say anything aabout the difficulty, because that is even a bigger joke.

Edit: I send a pm towards GoodGuySmaug about the exploits on boss 1.
    Last edited by Arkadien; Feb 08 2019 at 11:53 AM.

Odyssey Evernight Boss 1 T3

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...30/unknown.png

Video can be provided if needed after at least 5 kins got it down.

Edit:Time stamp missing on first screenshot, sorry!
    here is a better one:
    https://ibb.co/5vpfwZd
    Last edited by Elendilor; Feb 08 2019 at 01:03 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast