We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Which OLD Loot boxes to open.. ?

I have a number of the old loot boxes to open. Have a limited supply of about 20 keys to use. My quesion, which level boxes should I be opening? 10 of my 13 characters are above level 60 if that enters into the equation. I've read that the stat tomes are more likely to drop in the early level boxes.. is that still true? Thanks for any advice.. Cleaning out banks and noticed I have way too many boxes.

*Gorikon throws a link at Darkiri's head*

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite...-bound_Lootbox

Since it is very subjective what is "best", see what you can get, then decide for yourself. The lists provided probably aren't 100% exact, but should give you a good idea what to expect from which box.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorikon View Post
    *Gorikon throws a link at Darkiri's head*

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite...-bound_Lootbox

Since it is very subjective what is "best", see what you can get, then decide for yourself. The lists provided probably aren't 100% exact, but should give you a good idea what to expect from which box.
    I am still not clear, should we only open boxes at max level?

Boxes from lvl 10 - 105 (that require the "old" steel keys) return items of a fixed level. It doesn't matter what your toon's level is, e.g. a 120 toon opening a lvl 60 box has a chance to get lvl 60 jewellery, but NOT lvl 120 stuff. Low lvl boxes can be interesting for low lvl toons, or if you are looking for stuff like attack damage scrolls, defence/stat tomes, and so on.

Gorgoroth Boxes (106 - 115) don't drop anymore.

Travaeller's and Adventurer's Boxes have a chance to drop equipment, too. That equipment will be scaled to your level. Meaning if you open a box before lvl 120, those items will be outdated soon. (At least, you can convert them to motes or embers.) Downside is, you need to buy the black steel keys they require (which is despised by many players).