We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Just arrived in Skarhald

Hi all.

I just arrived in Skarhald. I saw that there was one of the vendors with the really long title above her name(I forget the name of the vendor) that sells some stuff for embers of enchantment and figments of splendor. I've never really dealt into that and could use some advice on getting that currency.

I did pick up the quest there that has me making 7 special items to turn in for embers. Should I just mine until I get the required dwarrowgleam shards?

I'm just asking this because I like some of the house hold items in that vendor.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    Hi all.

I just arrived in Skarhald. I saw that there was one of the vendors with the really long title above her name(I forget the name of the vendor) that sells some stuff for embers of enchantment and figments of splendor. I've never really dealt into that and could use some advice on getting that currency.

I did pick up the quest there that has me making 7 special items to turn in for embers. Should I just mine until I get the required dwarrowgleam shards?

I'm just asking this because I like some of the house hold items in that vendor.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Embers of enchantment are basically the end-game currency, while figments are obtained from older non-level-cap content (e.g. disenchanting old gear).

There are already some lists on how to get embers ( https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ghlight=embers ) - I know I read a quite comprehensive list somewhere, but didn't find it for now.

This quest you picked up is one thing - there is another one that becomes available from the left quartmaster in Skarhald. You can trade on longbeard marks there. Me personally, I don't bother with the 7 crafted items since shards are quite expensive on the AH and need to put quite some time into getting them via farming. If you decide for farming, also consider corpses

Other than that they apparently come out of lootboxes in larger quantities, which I cannot tell - I am not buying any keys.

Hope that helps!
    ~ Aneviela Lvl 120 Hunter R9, Crawey Captain, Anderiela LM - Brandywine ~

~ Chocolate doesn't ask silly questions. Chocolate understands. ~

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    never ever spend any shard on crafting embers - this way you throw shards down the drain; and you need shards to craft essences.
    after completing the quest "The State of the expedition" you can run dailies "Reclaiming the Grey" (4 tiers that give 1,5k per 60 completed quests in resource instances) and "Fight for the Grey" (750 embers for completing Caverns of Thrumfall/Glimmerdeep 3man and Thikil-Gundu 6 man). Instances too give some embers (100 on t1) + coins of Grarik that you can spend on housing items from another quartermaster next to the stables.

figments you get by disenchanting some Mordor cosmetics/housing items, from festivals, and can convert ashes/embers into figments.

Festivals are a good source for figments too, maybe we can will get some at the new skirmish event too.

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Thanks for all the answers, greatly appreciated!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

They made dwarrowgleam shards rarer than hen's teeth. In fact, recently only shards I seen came from 'reclaiming the grey' metas.
    Practically every worthy Ironfold recipe needs them.

Not sure how far along the quest line you are, but you seriously want to do entire Ered Mithrin line on accelerated reputation. (Get those tomes from skirmish camps) They did raise the cap on Marks and moved some rewards to lower rep standing, but I think you can still cap out before hitting kindred.