We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drarin View Post
    So is the implication then that defeating the Harbinger after the Skirmish Boss is something that is working as intended? Or should credit be granted regardless of when you defeat the Harbinger?
    For this year's event, you'll need to defeat the Harbinger prior to defeating the Skirmish Boss if you want to get credit. It may be that in future years of the event we'll be able to adjust the way credit is granted.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    For this year's event, you'll need to defeat the Harbinger prior to defeating the Skirmish Boss if you want to get credit. It may be that in future years of the event we'll be able to adjust the way credit is granted.
    This is not true, i often killed the Harbringer after the Skirmish Boss and got credit for it. Sometimes the Harbringer even spawns after the Skirmish Boss is dead.

Bensey Guardian - Ito Burglar - Oti Captain - Cuura Loremaster - Rustiy Runekeeper
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

We are working on some fixes to the Ill Omens event for a patch later this week, but we wanted to pass along some of our findings: If you defeat the Skirmish Boss before defeating the Harbinger, the associated deed will not properly increment. Make sure to defeat the Harbinger prior to the Skirmish boss. Additionally, in "Way of the Smiths", the Harbinger doesn't spawn until after the final boss is defeated. We will be working to correct the issue in Way of the Smiths, but for the other Skirmishes, players should defeat the Harbingers before the boss in order to properly increment their Deeds this event.
    In my own experience (playing it at T1), if you kill the harbinger after the final boss in DEFENSIVE skirmishes, it work fine and harbinger count for the kill deed and quest.

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

We are working on some fixes to the Ill Omens event for a patch later this week, but we wanted to pass along some of our findings: If you defeat the Skirmish Boss before defeating the Harbinger, the associated deed will not properly increment. Make sure to defeat the Harbinger prior to the Skirmish boss. Additionally, in "Way of the Smiths", the Harbinger doesn't spawn until after the final boss is defeated. We will be working to correct the issue in Way of the Smiths, but for the other Skirmishes, players should defeat the Harbingers before the boss in order to properly increment their Deeds this event.
    Can you specify which deed(s) aren't advanced in the case of The Way of Smiths? I have to ask because the deed for cap T3 19 kills does advance after killing the Troll boss as does the daily quest advance. You might be meaning the more general kill 60 then kill 120 Harbingers deed, but you haven't specified. For me cloaks and pets are just added detritus to mess with the game performance so for other's like me it's the essence box and currently The Way of the Smiths in no way blocks progress to either box. Surely a query from metrics will show advances on the T3 19 deed.

I'm asking because I have saved what I perceive to be the hardest skirmishes of each bunch in case I need to invest a lot of time on them when they come round. In particular Gondamon where I can see where the Harbinger spawns but am unable to keep the NPC Mattie alive if I leave him for the Harbinger. My plan would be to complete the final boss kill and then take out the Harbinger, seems like a plan others would go for as well. However your statement on the face of it would deter any attempt at this strategy. [EDIT] Indeed encourage people to fight a T3 Gondamon with a strategy full of unnecessary risk[EDIT] If the "fix" is to progress the T1 Harbinger deed (60/120) then fine, please say so. Anyone clued up to the skirmishes would be doing Dannenglor over and over every fourth day for that anyway.
    Last edited by Maclorien; Feb 11 2019 at 06:18 PM.

There are a few reasons why someone will report not advancing the quest or their deed(s).

I'll deal with capped characters as I haven't done any under cap.

One annoyance is when you enter an instance your quest tracker drops everything you've put in there and gives you just instance related objectives. One of the problems I have found is there's one related to the event that you can't add to the tracker in the instance. But when you complete the daily it pops into the tracker to inform you to hand in the quest but as soon as you leave the instance and you will do immediately after the kill in most cases you get your original tracker back and may not have the quest hand in showing. I believe that people in the early days of the event reported failures to advance the T3 deed because they attempted to do a skirmish that is no longer an objective. This might have convinced SSG there was a bug to fix when it's just annoying implementation to drag out the event.

Yes the "incremental" deed meaning the 60/120 mob kills needs to be more specific as many use their second or third language here. Also for some who are just doing T1 skirmishes they only have one deed so perhaps don't realise they have to be specific in a bug report.

The quest description making reference to not retreating from battle seems like they wanted to sow confusion. It may have been the intent to have us do just 4 out of the five from the daily list in case we found one too hard maybe but having a deed requiring all of them just added more confusion. This vague notion that you have pulled to far from the spawn doesn't help without specifics.

Through actually playing through the daily skirmishes I have a pretty good idea of it all now. I'm not gong to put trust in the Chinese whispers from the dev tracker from people who haven't actually played through the event.

Killing the harbinger after the final boss is working perfectly fine. In fact, in defensive skirmishes, it would be pretty close to impossible to kill that harbinger, while at the same time controlling all the mobs of the final assaults and the final boss, without the NPC dying. I've completed all the defensive skirms on t3, by killing the final boss, then going to get the harbinger last. I don't know if they count against the t1 kill 60 deed or not, because I'm doing them on t3, and getting the final boss out of the way, is pretty important to do before activating the harbinger.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Well, that's not how it's working, and thank goodness. I got credit in deep way today, and I killed the Harbinger long after everything else in the skirmish was done and dusted. As long as you do not speak to the NPC at the end, after the final boss, it counts just fine.

The NPC's are so weak, that they will surely die if a player is keeping a harbinger in check while the main boss arrives. We have no control over spawn timers in defensive skirmishes, the mobs just come, whether we are ready for them or not. We can't tell that final boss to wait while we kill the harbinger, he will come, and he will kill the NPC, or join the harbinger on us, and then the NPC will run in to help and die that way. Please ensure that the skirmishes are not changed to work in the way that you have stated here, because - that would be broken.

Today in The Way of Smiths, I kill troll boss, Harbringer appear just after that, I kill him and get credit for all deeds & quest, and talk with dwarf after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Maclorien View Post
    Can you specify which deed(s) aren't advanced in the case of The Way of Smiths? I have to ask because the deed for cap T3 19 kills does advance after killing the Troll boss as does the daily quest advance. You might be meaning the more general kill 60 then kill 120 Harbingers deed, but you haven't specified. For me cloaks and pets are just added detritus to mess with the game performance so for other's like me it's the essence box and currently The Way of the Smiths in no way blocks progress to either box. Surely a query from metrics will show advances on the T3 19 deed.

I'm asking because I have saved what I perceive to be the hardest skirmishes of each bunch in case I need to invest a lot of time on them when they come round. In particular Gondamon where I can see where the Harbinger spawns but am unable to keep the NPC Mattie alive if I leave him for the Harbinger. My plan would be to complete the final boss kill and then take out the Harbinger, seems like a plan others would go for as well. However your statement on the face of it would deter any attempt at this strategy. [EDIT] Indeed encourage people to fight a T3 Gondamon with a strategy full of unnecessary risk[EDIT] If the "fix" is to progress the T1 Harbinger deed (60/120) then fine, please say so. Anyone clued up to the skirmishes would be doing Dannenglor over and over every fourth day for that anyway.
    Indeed, the only way to get through Gondamon is to take care of the final boss fight then go for the harbinger. Mathi is a complete weakling and the mobs if the final assault alone will take him down if the player is not on top of all the aggro. The final boss will slaughter him very quickly, while the player is trying to fight the harbinger at its spawn point, which is pretty far away from Mathi. Taking the harbinger up to Mathi is asking for the skirm to fail, because it will kill him in seconds, but leaving Mathi up there to fight the final boss alone, is a fail for sure too.

I'd advise you jump into Gondamon as soon as you can tomorrow and take down that harbinger after the final boss fight - before they change it and make it out of reach. I have four left (one is Survival), of which one is Rescue, so it's doubtful I'll get in there before they patch (and break) this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Killing the harbinger after the final boss is working perfectly fine. In fact, in defensive skirmishes, it would be pretty close to impossible to kill that harbinger, while at the same time controlling all the mobs of the final assaults and the final boss, without the NPC dying. I've completed all the defensive skirms on t3, by killing the final boss, then going to get the harbinger last. I don't know if they count against the t1 kill 60 deed or not, because I'm doing them on t3, and getting the final boss out of the way, is pretty important to do before activating the harbinger.
    I tested Smiths T1 today and killing the Harbinger did not advance the 60 deed but who really cares? It does advance T3 deed and quest if you need them ofc.

I'm going with the plan, save Mattie and then do the Harbinger but tomorrow it's a Slayer accelerator and as much Dannenglor as I can stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballie View Post
    I tested Smiths T1 today and killing the Harbinger did not advance the 60 deed but who really cares? It does advance T3 deed and quest if you need them ofc.

I'm going with the plan, save Mattie and then do the Harbinger but tomorrow it's a Slayer accelerator and as much Dannenglor as I can stomach.
    Well, they really need to look at that before pushing out this patch. Fixing the t1 deed while completely breaking the t3 deed, is not a good workaround. If they are very confident that the harbinger can be killed in t3, solo, before the final boss in defensive skirms, then i want to see the video.

Dannenglor is an easy one to take the harbinger before the final boss, because the player is in control of when that final boss fight starts. Not the case in defensive skirms.

Future years ? Nice optimist here xD.Game will shut down much sooner than that or will be populated by 10% of current player base with current instances/rewards/class work.

Well, that's not how it's working, and thank goodness. I got credit in deep way today, and I killed the Harbinger long after everything else in the skirmish was done and dusted. As long as you do not speak to the NPC at the end, after the final boss, it counts just fine.

The NPC's are so weak, that they will surely die if a player is keeping a harbinger in check while the main boss arrives. We have no control over spawn timers in defensive skirmishes, the mobs just come, whether we are ready for them or not. We can't tell that final boss to wait while we kill the harbinger, he will come, and he will kill the NPC, or join the harbinger on us, and then the NPC will run in to help and die that way. Please ensure that the skirmishes are not changed to work in the way that you have stated here, because - that would be broken.
    I agree with this. Please don't change it to having to kill the harbinger before the last boss is defeated, it will make it impossible for many of us to kill the harbingers of some skirmishes. Not all skirmishes will let you take a break to kill one of these, and while we run off to fight a harbinger the NPC's will die and we will fail.
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    I even paid real money...
    Not singling this poster out, it's just the line that caught my attention. There's a lot of problems with the game, and for most it seems easy to blame SSG for them, and they're not wholly wrong. However, the real source of these issues is that people are STILL paying money into this game without any apparent hesitation. I know a lot of people do the whole "it's only a little bit, I can afford it, it gives me entertainment" and so on, but there's a bigger picture in that continued devotion to pay up for a game that's continuously declining in quality is doing nothing but letting SSG know that they can put out sub-par/buggy content and still get paid for it. By having low expectations, you're effectively paying to make the game worse and giving no incentive for improvement. And even if by some miracle you don't see the problems yet, you're still bringing it closer and closer to you until it gets to the point where even festivals are bugged and trying to screenshot some flowers causes the client to crash.

I think what I'm trying to say is that if you're still paying for this game, you should now expect bad content in return for it, or at least be ready for when it inevitably hits you, because this is a paid-community driven problem.
    Give Anor and Ithil PvMP.
    Before making a complaint here, ask yourself this: "Am I still giving SSG money?". If the answer is yes, there's no point complaining.

Angry

In Ford of Bruinen, this past week, the Harbinger did not show up until the end bosses (troll and Ningrat). I killed the troll, then went for the Harbinger, and before it died, "the boys" (Elrohir & Elladan, always and forever troublemakers) killed Ningrat. And I didn't get credit for the Harbinger. How are you going to fix THAT? I had to kill the troll, he kept interrupting me so I couldn't get a shot off at all. If "the boys" die (from too much troll & Ningrat attention), then the skirm fails, before you can finish off the Harbinger. Did anyone actually PLAY the skirms as this was set up before you shoved it out into the game?
    Linden Starfall, Leader of Mithril Crowns of Elendilmir and Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by greendarner View Post
    In Ford of Bruinen, this past week, the Harbinger did not show up until the end bosses (troll and Ningrat). I killed the troll, then went for the Harbinger, and before it died, "the boys" (Elrohir & Elladan, always and forever troublemakers) killed Ningrat. And I didn't get credit for the Harbinger. How are you going to fix THAT? I had to kill the troll, he kept interrupting me so I couldn't get a shot off at all. If "the boys" die (from too much troll & Ningrat attention), then the skirm fails, before you can finish off the Harbinger. Did anyone actually PLAY the skirms as this was set up before you shoved it out into the game?
    This thing should never have been made so needlessly complicated. The objective, I think, is to get people into Skirmishes and playing them. Easy to do, add incentive, which has been done. So, just kill the harbinger, that's it. Doesn't matter where, how, when, just kill it at some point during the skirmish. Job done, simple, no room for bugs - and people would be playing them, without all this bug reporting and negative feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by greendarner View Post
    In Ford of Bruinen, this past week, the Harbinger did not show up until the end bosses (troll and Ningrat). I killed the troll, then went for the Harbinger, and before it died, "the boys" (Elrohir & Elladan, always and forever troublemakers) killed Ningrat. And I didn't get credit for the Harbinger. How are you going to fix THAT? I had to kill the troll, he kept interrupting me so I couldn't get a shot off at all. If "the boys" die (from too much troll & Ningrat attention), then the skirm fails, before you can finish off the Harbinger.
    I also found it difficult to do the ford deed.
    After doing it on 3 of my chars, i can say the least stressful way for me was to turn it into a DPS race - let the instance fail; just make sure you kill Harbinger before the wave kills the elf-boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniyel View Post
    I also found it difficult to do the ford deed.
    After doing it on 3 of my chars, i can say the least stressful way for me was to turn it into a DPS race - let the instance fail; just make sure you kill Harbinger before the wave kills the elf-boys.
    Killing the Harbinger in Ford after the Boss kill is not a problem advancing the T3 or quest for the Essence Box rewards, it's only the slayer 60/120 deed and you should be in Dannenglor right now knocking that out.

Thumbs up

This thing should never have been made so needlessly complicated. The objective, I think, is to get people into Skirmishes and playing them. Easy to do, add incentive, which has been done. So, just kill the harbinger, that's it. Doesn't matter where, how, when, just kill it at some point during the skirmish. Job done, simple, no room for bugs - and people would be playing them, without all this bug reporting and negative feedback.
    Agreed.

I can see some skirmishes will be impossible to complete the deeds for if they force it to be to kill the Harbinger before end boss. Especially "The Siege of Gondamon", but even some others. In some it is doable as the NPC pause and wait for You to interact/talk to him/her to start the last fight, in others they don't, it just keep going with spometimes short break and if You do harbinger You end up fighting too much at the same time coming at You or the NPC that is needed to keep alive is killed and You get kicked out for failure.

At "The Siege of Gondamon" goblin mobs spawn beside the npc and attack the dwarf You need to keep alive many times. If You run to kill the harbinger the dwarf will get killed. If You drag harbinger there to fight all, You end up dead or killing it too far away from it's spawn and it won't count for the deed anyway. The same in other defensive skirmishes as well where You can no control the timing of attacks.

@Cordovan, are You guys aware of this ??? Have You tested to acctually do all the skirmishes on 120 T3 with "normal" in-game gear/stats and not some dev immortal god mode ??? It seems high stats where just slapped in with some auto-code on harbingers and skirmishes never properly tested if possible to kill before NPC's are killed and fail skirmish etc. Or that You have to drag the harbinger too far from spawn spot to also protect the npc at the same time and then it will not count.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Ballie View Post
    Killing the Harbinger in Ford after the Boss kill is not a problem advancing the T3 or quest for the Essence Box rewards, it's only the slayer 60/120 deed and you should be in Dannenglor right now knocking that out.
    Atm yes, but Cordovan has written further up that there is a HotFix for the skirmish event coming this week. It seems it will be "required" to kill the harbinger before skirmish is completed for the T3 deed to progress.

Atm yes, but Cordovan has written further up that there is a HotFix for the skirmish event coming this week. It seems it will be "required" to kill the harbinger before skirmish is completed for the T3 deed to progress.
    Patch notes are in, and this line right at the bottom.

"
    • Harbingers must be defeated before the final boss in order to receive deed credit."

This is going to mess up the t3 deed for a lot of players who have not yet completed the t3 defensive skirmishes. I'm absolutely positive now that they do not know how these particular skirmishes work.

Ill Omens Skirmish Event:

*) Ill Omens quests that bestow under your player level can now be completed. Ill Omens quests will only bestow up to five levels under your player level, however.

*) The radius for defeating the Ill Omens bosses have been lifted. You can now get credit for defeating the bosses anywhere within the Skirmishes.

*) The following Deeds no longer require you to be at level cap: Banisher of Ill Omens, Banisher of Ill Omens (Advanced), and Harbingers of the Dead. Skirmish Assault: Ill Omens (Tier 3) remains available only to cap-level characters.

*) The Tier 3 Deed can now be completed. Since Survival: Barrow Downs does not have multiple Tiers, players will simply need to complete the Ill Omens quest in there to start, update, or complete this Deed.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Release-Notes

Agreed.

I can see some skirmishes will be impossible to complete the deeds for if they force it to be to kill the Harbinger before end boss. Especially "The Siege of Gondamon", but even some others. In some it is doable as the NPC pause and wait for You to interact/talk to him/her to start the last fight, in others they don't, it just keep going with spometimes short break and if You do harbinger You end up fighting too much at the same time coming at You or the NPC that is needed to keep alive is killed and You get kicked out for failure.

At "The Siege of Gondamon" goblin mobs spawn beside the npc and attack the dwarf You need to keep alive many times. If You run to kill the harbinger the dwarf will get killed. If You drag harbinger there to fight all, You end up dead or killing it too far away from it's spawn and it won't count for the deed anyway. The same in other defensive skirmishes as well where You can no control the timing of attacks.

@Cordovan, are You guys aware of this ??? Have You tested to acctually do all the skirmishes on 120 T3 with "normal" in-game gear/stats and not some dev immortal god mode ??? It seems high stats where just slapped in with some auto-code on harbingers and skirmishes never properly tested if possible to kill before NPC's are killed and fail skirmish etc. Or that You have to drag the harbinger too far from spawn spot to also protect the npc at the same time and then it will not count.
    "
    • Harbingers must be defeated before the final boss in order to receive deed credit. is listed as a known issue on the patch notes, so hopefully they will hotfix that very soon.

In the meantime, potential strategy for those who still have to face t3 Gondamon while this known issue is active.

Do the whole Skirmish as far as final assault. Stay with Mathi, do not leave his side - he WILL die. Take down all the waves until the drake arrives. Take down the drake, then quickly pull aggro off the dwarf boss. Run down to harbinger, pull it, and it's add, so that all three mobs are aggroed on you. Kite like a mad lunatic, making sure to only be hitting the harbinger. It, it's add and the final dwarf boss will be hot on your tail, and Mathi will hopefully just trail behind trying to keep up. Pray for no AoE attacks from the harbinger when Mathi is close. You will have freedom to move around the whole Skirmish and not have to worry about kiting in a tight spawn area. Keep an eye on everything, make sure nothing is aggroing on Mathi. Good luck.

That's all assuming the final assault won't reset if you drag Mathi off his platform.

"The following Deeds no longer require you to be at level cap: Banisher of Ill Omens, Banisher of Ill Omens (Advanced), and Harbingers of the Dead."

I know "Banisher of Ill Omens" & "Banisher of Ill Omens (Advanced)" are for 60/120 kills, but what is "Harbingers of the Dead"? Its a deed after the 120 kills one?

Quote Originally Posted by Olgomil View Post
    "The following Deeds no longer require you to be at level cap: Banisher of Ill Omens, Banisher of Ill Omens (Advanced), and Harbingers of the Dead."

I know "Banisher of Ill Omens" & "Banisher of Ill Omens (Advanced)" are for 60/120 kills, but what is "Harbingers of the Dead"? Its a deed after the 120 kills one?

It's Skirmish Assault: Ill Omens (Tier 3) Objective: Kill a harbinger in every skirmish at t3. But we do have to be at level cap for that, so either there is another deed we don't know about, or that's an error in the patch notes. Maybe it' a hidden deed, that will complete once we've killed every harbinger once, and there is a sneaky rare spawn in there somewhere that we don't know about yet.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Feb 12 2019 at 08:13 PM.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast