We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Swap in combat

Swap in combat

Hi!
    I would like to know your swap in combat (not before fight)
    I swap to a 3rd age bow for "Burn Hot Damage". (I swap to 3rd age bow with burn hot legacy, I apply Burn Hot, then I swap again to 1st age and I shoot with heartseeker...)

More tips?
    Last edited by MaxHunter; Feb 01 2019 at 08:03 AM.

Have two bows. One focus building/using based and the other Swift Bow/Heartseeker based (can put Burn hot on this too).

Swap between them as needed. I recommend using a mouse that has at minimum two thumb buttons. You can program these buttons using software that comes with your mouse (if it has any) or you can use X-Mouse Button Control to program any of your mouse buttons (and run scripts through button presses!)

That way you can use Focus Builder bow to get your focus up to fire off an Upshot. If you get the Swift and True proc you then swap over to your Swift Bow/Heartseeker bow and fire off Swift Bow to consume the proc.

The timing takes practice but it works out pretty well to maximize your dps.
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

Yea and this #### shouldnt exist in the game really. Just another exploit imo.

Well maybe I'm wrong but I see no exploit here imo. You can change your weapon while in combat so I see no problem here...

Exploit is poor wording. Poor game design would be a better choice. Swapping weapons for specific skills is a bit silly to start with, and tedious for many classes. It doesn’t exactly make for interesting gameplay, just tedium.

Quote Originally Posted by dsltn07 View Post
    Exploit is poor wording. Poor game design would be a better choice. Swapping weapons for specific skills is a bit silly to start with, and tedious for many classes. It doesn’t exactly make for interesting gameplay, just tedium.
    Weapon swapping pushes champion DPS to ridiculous numbers, there was a Hecki Hecki Pateng stream of Anvil boss 4 with champ POV and he did ~150k dps in phase 1. If that's not interesting gameplay, I don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by QueenArleth View Post
    Weapon swapping pushes champion DPS to ridiculous numbers, there was a Hecki Hecki Pateng stream of Anvil boss 4 with champ POV and he did ~150k dps in phase 1. If that's not interesting gameplay, I don't know what is.
    I just don’t like changing my gear in combat. If you need to buff a skill, it should be a class self buff skill, not a weapon. Changing gear in combat changes all your stats and some skills. This causes a good bit of lag on every switch and is the main reason I don’t like it. It’s comparable to Beo changing forms but more frequent, and form changing is certainly not a smooth thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dsltn07 View Post
    I just don’t like changing my gear in combat. If you need to buff a skill, it should be a class self buff skill, not a weapon. Changing gear in combat changes all your stats and some skills. This causes a good bit of lag on every switch and is the main reason I don’t like it. It’s comparable to Beo changing forms but more frequent, and form changing is certainly not a smooth thing.
    Some skills are just better on a 2H than on a 1H in the case of champion. In the case of hunter, there are just too many good legacies on the bow, you need a swap LI to make the most of them. It would be better if some of the good legacies on bow went to the main-hand LI. Since the main-hand has very few useful legacies, I just use stat legacies on it instead. Some people care a lot about maximizing DPS for specifically challenging content, but in most cases simply Burn Hot on a swap is sufficient. You are never required to weapon-swap but if you want to, the option is there.

Some skills are just better on a 2H than on a 1H in the case of champion. In the case of hunter, there are just too many good legacies on the bow, you need a swap LI to make the most of them. It would be better if some of the good legacies on bow went to the main-hand LI. Since the main-hand has very few useful legacies, I just use stat legacies on it instead. Some people care a lot about maximizing DPS for specifically challenging content, but in most cases simply Burn Hot on a swap is sufficient. You are never required to weapon-swap but if you want to, the option is there.
    It doesn’t feel like much of an option, like I said I just don’t like the lag it creates. I understand how some skills require different weapons or too many legacies. I would rather the legacies be moved around or have proper trade-offs, OR be implemented into a trait line or skill as a buff.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    Have two bows. One focus building/using based and the other Swift Bow/Heartseeker based (can put Burn hot on this too).

Swap between them as needed. I recommend using a mouse that has at minimum two thumb buttons. You can program these buttons using software that comes with your mouse (if it has any) or you can use X-Mouse Button Control to program any of your mouse buttons (and run scripts through button presses!)

That way you can use Focus Builder bow to get your focus up to fire off an Upshot. If you get the Swift and True proc you then swap over to your Swift Bow/Heartseeker bow and fire off Swift Bow to consume the proc.

The timing takes practice but it works out pretty well to maximize your dps.
    I suggest putting the DoT legacy on the HS/SB/BH bow also. The extra DoT goes well with heartseeker and you can also swap for barbed/exsanguinate.

I'd like a 2-5s CD on all skills whenever any equipment gets swapped...
    That would be more realistic and immersive.
    But I dont see it coming to lotro... so... let the pros have their "fun".
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by Baredur View Post
    I suggest putting the DoT legacy on the HS/SB/BH bow also. The extra DoT goes well with heartseeker and you can also swap for barbed/exsanguinate.
    Well of course...

I didn't list all the legacies on the swappies.
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

This video?
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/372961492

Amazing champion dps!

Sure its DPS increase to swap weapons,but not as much as some may think.And to answer others,you will be fine without weapon swaping and for those that are willing to max out LI just for that they should be able to do it.And those that want CD on weapon swap.Sure just refund scrolls and crystals first.