We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

We enter in February and there is no letter for new zone 2019

We enter in February and there is no letter for new zone 2019 that happens with lotro is going to continue or hides something that cordoban or another developer goes out and says a little the player we have rights

What you’ve written does not make any sense, and this has already been addressed and discussed in another thread.

we already know that we r getting mount goundaband n then back in mordor with new raid propablly at fall...........
    from 2019 n beyond, you r right we r in dark, maybe scouring of shire n then going east, tho i d like to see this happening much earlier..........
    they just released a raid dont expect much to happen in the near future!
    better ask about the anniversary fests than new areas!
    20 years lotr enthousiast, 11 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

much more than a letter about the new zone would I like a letter about the planned ILI revamp. Thats much more urgent than any other thing in 2019.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by rodin12 View Post
    We enter in February and there is no letter for new zone 2019 that happens with lotro is going to continue or hides something that cordoban or another developer goes out and says a little the player we have rights
    Dude, it's just a freaking game.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    Dude, it's just a freaking game.
    Or, as the old song goes,

"Calm down, it's only ones and zeroes;
    Calm down, it's only bits and bites...."
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

You'll hear it first on the Voice of America.
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

Don't you ever have anything good to say?
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by Valakircka View Post
    we already know that we r getting mount goundaband n then back in mordor with new raid propablly at fall...........
    from 2019 n beyond, you r right we r in dark, maybe scouring of shire n then going east, tho i d like to see this happening much earlier..........
    they just released a raid dont expect much to happen in the near future!
    better ask about the anniversary fests than new areas!
    Bleh, boo scouring! Many other far more interesting things to do than rescue hobbits from brigands! Besides, once scouring is done I’m afraid players and devs alike will abandon future content. I’ve wanted to see a fully built gundabad for years and years. This should be an epic fortress on a similar scale to dol guldur.

Quote Originally Posted by dsltn07 View Post
    Bleh, boo scouring! Many other far more interesting things to do than rescue hobbits from brigands! Besides, once scouring is done I’m afraid players and devs alike will abandon future content. I’ve wanted to see a fully built gundabad for years and years. This should be an epic fortress on a similar scale to dol guldur.
    Agreed. There are so many places I want to see before I rescue some Hobbits from brigands.

Same as I posted in the other thread on the same topic: look in articles at the last producer’s letter from May. It tells you everything they are working on; what’s the point in a new one right now?
    “...and he lived happily ever after, to the end of his days”

Maybe the Producer got canned with the other devs?

Quote Originally Posted by TheArtilleryman View Post
    Same as I posted in the other thread on the same topic: look in articles at the last producer’s letter from May. It tells you everything they are working on; what’s the point in a new one right now?
    we can outrage and cry afterwards for all the unmentioned things
    like: "wooot, you are not already develloping the next raid?" "wait, shouldnt there be an ILI revamp?" "why dont we go to umbar or khand next?" "I want gundabad/minasmorgul first, the other can wait"
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

According to Cord (yes, I did that on purpose) in his stream today, a new one is in the works. It will appear, like a wizard, when it's meant to appear.

we have rights
    No you don't.

You don't even own the characters you created, or any of their stuff, or anything you purchased. You have absolutely no rights whatsoever. Everything is owned by SSG, including the points you bought with real money. If SSG decides tomorrow they will close the game, you won't be refunded for ANYTHING.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    No you don't.

You don't even own the characters you created, or any of their stuff, or anything you purchased. You have absolutely no rights whatsoever. Everything is owned by SSG, including the points you bought with real money. If SSG decides tomorrow they will close the game, you won't be refunded for ANYTHING.

And if you buy Lotro points because of a recent update that introduced changes to ashing gear in loot boxes, or whatever, SSG can then take the gains you've made and nerf them so that everything you bought is basically pointless. Sure, they will refund you the Lotro Points but they will not even refund you the cash if the mistake was on them. The only recourse you have is to claim fraud with the credit card company and they will absolutely agree with you that what SSG committed was fraud, but that will get your account band and everything you paid for is gone. People defending SSG's business model really need to look into the details of it. It's an insanely anti-consumer business model.

February and no EP letter. Don't expect one soon. Maybe by April.

I think what you meant to say is "We have expectations". Which would be normal. Expectations based on previous announcements and other such media blurbs and ofc the game itself. Also expectations that a company providing a paid service or product, does just that. Provides a service or product containing a level of quality within the normal expectations.

Do you have rights?

You most certainly do.
    You have the right to not pay for a poor product or service.
    You have the right to not indulge in a poor product or service.
    You have the right to pursue justice if you feel you have been wronged.

In this situation, you have the right per this game's user agreement to enter into binding arbitration (usually in the state of Texas). Or if you can prove existing laws outside of binding arbitration have been violated, you have the right to seek justice in a court of law.

Expectations and rights are not the same and discerning the difference can change a persons outlook for their decisions and course of action.
    Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" Sapienza University of Rome

Graduate PhD con lode Scienze della Politica

Summarized game in way maintenance until it closes we do not have right to anything and you remained without license to continue the gentleman Tolkien as son of the owner and writer of the novel I take the permission from them of continuing ok

Summarized game in way maintenance until it closes we do not have right to anything and you remained without license to continue the gentleman Tolkien as son of the owner and writer of the novel I take the permission from them of continuing ok
    I have to admit, I read this three times and I still don’t get it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHylianLink98 View Post
    And if you buy Lotro points because of a recent update that introduced changes to ashing gear in loot boxes, or whatever, SSG can then take the gains you've made and nerf them so that everything you bought is basically pointless. Sure, they will refund you the Lotro Points but they will not even refund you the cash if the mistake was on them. The only recourse you have is to claim fraud with the credit card company and they will absolutely agree with you that what SSG committed was fraud, but that will get your account band and everything you paid for is gone. People defending SSG's business model really need to look into the details of it. It's an insanely anti-consumer business model.
    I don’t really see anyone defending the business model. That the way MMOs work. You’re paying for an online service that can change at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    I have to admit, I read this three times and I still don’t get it.
    I think he's saying the game is in maintenence mode and SSG no longer has a license from the Tolken Estate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinara View Post
    I think he's saying the game is in maintenence mode and SSG no longer has a license from the Tolken Estate.
    It's stupid. First of all, maintenence mode and license is two different things. Secondly, their license can't expire so fast, we have ~1 or 2 year left. And they don't have any problems getting it in the past.

But, they have another thing. Called reputation. They say many times in 2018 what we get next - Beroning Lands and Minas-Morgul. They aim first location for spring 2019 and Mordor for Summer. We have less when 1 month before spring, and if they have something what delay new content and come against their plans, we must know about it. And Producer Letter usually come out around end of they year, adding to all other questions and we have some panic. Ok, they have short message about their working about Moria and Lothlorien for Legendary Servers, it's great. How about short message about our future? They change their plans or not? We don't need all details, if they have problems ok, just tell us about it. Who cares about stream, not everyone want to listen long file when they can live short message here

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    much more than a letter about the new zone would I like a letter about the planned ILI revamp. Thats much more urgent than any other thing in 2019.
    I fully agree with this.
    Before getting another zone, another (probably capped currency), rep, whatsoever grind for other equipment I'd rather want that issue settled or at least them beginning to address it.

But the vage mentioning in one of the streams reduced my expectation by far for it being a revamp, rework or at least a noticable catch-up method. Instead they continue to clamp down on ways to get scrolls and the like from older content without providing other ways for all players at level-cap. That seems to be an answer in itself, at least for me.

I wasn't hyped for Minas Morgul before and I guess I will pass on it gladly. Another mob infested region like old Angmar or the harder parts of Mordor etc. where any player without super equipment probably gets routed continously? Sorry, but no.
    I play this game for story, landscape and the like, not for any mini game of gearing.

I had a total of 18 keys left from Mordor, starting late and only getting to dailies and completing deeds shortly before the change. Saved them for 120. Looking at the results I surely do not understand why anyone would buy keys only to get a shield on a loremaster just because it is a shield with will on it... class-related equipment indeed… at least gorgoroth boxes gave some more useful equiment bound to account and more nice housing items...

After playing through the latest region I find myself logging in less and less. Often I open the launcher, think of having to repeat any daily before reset just to eventually be able to craft one item for one char and close the launcher again without even logging in to do something complete different outside this game.
    "...In the information society, nobody thinks. We expected to banish paper, but we actually banished thought."
    Ian Malcolm

You should work on your English I believe. But as English is also my SECOND language, I understand it isn't an easy language to learn for everyone. That said, regarding the the license: As long as the license keeps being renewed, the game can continue. There will not be such a thing as "maintenance mode" with Lotro because of that same reason: They don't own the IP, so as soon as they no longer want to PAY to license the IP for the game, I'm afraid the game will end. Unlike many other games where the IP is owned by the game company, and "maintenance mode" would be as simple as ceasing development and just keep the servers running for some time..... the IP license required for LOTRO will make that scenario more unlikely because of the costs involved. They will always need to maintain a certain amount of income to afford the license needed.

While I do believe that the cost of the license is very minor compared to other costs, the fact that they do not own the IP does complicate matters when it comes to maintenance mode. It also complicates matters in cases where the server code leaks (which has happened for World of Warcraft and Everquest, for example) and someone wants to start an "open public server" of some sorts. Everquest actually agreed with one or two groups that run such servers that they were allowed to do so, as long as they did not make any commercial profit of of it. This scenario won't happen with Lotro, even IF the code leaked....
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinara View Post
    This game cannot exist without the IP license, maintenance mode or otherwise. Obviously the game is not in maintenance mode, as that would mean that there is no active development on the game.... and we already know a new zone and update 24 is on the horizon. But regardless of the fact the game isn't in maintenance mode, this game can only ever continue as long as someone pays for the license. The income of this game when development completely stops might still be enough to pay for the license, but if for whatever reason SSG decided to stop paying for the license, or from the other side the Tolkien estate decides that since SSG is letting the game die anyways, it's time to put a permanent end to it.

To paraphrase, there may be a day this game will go into maintenance mode, but today is not that day.
    -----