We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Returning founder/lifetimer - Rune keeper and finding characters

Hi,

I haven't played this in quite some time but I want to get back into the game. I think it's been 9 years now if I check my lotro points status.

Anyway, I want to know if rune keeper is decent for soloing and good for raids and stuff. Also, anyway to find back on which server I have characters without login on all of them one after the other?

And what are the legendary servers?

Thanks for all your help
    Last edited by Artaryl; Jan 29 2019 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artaryl View Post
    I want to know if rune keeper is decent for soloing and good for raids and stuff.

--- There's a thread on this subject over on the Steam forums and the consensus seems to be it's one of the weaker one's for soloing. I've tried to play one a couple of times now and just couldn't get into it

Also, anyway to find back on which server I have characters without login on all of them one after the other?

--- On the server select screen just click on the 'TRANSFER' button and it'll show you where you have all your characters.

--- They are VIP only servers. The concept was they would open on a certain day and then everyone wanting to play on them would all start out at level 1 together just like those of us got to experience back in the early days of the game, before the pop got so spread out level-wise. No characters can transfer to or from those 2 servers and the content would be released every 4 (+/-) months. Right now the level cap is set at lvl 50 with Moria opening up in March?.
    Welcome back. And if you have characters on any of the servers that have closed you'll get 1 free transfer to another server. Unless you're going to play with old friends on a certain server, I'd suggest creating a test character on each server so you can check out the pop during your normal play time.

To find your characters fire up the launcher, log in, and click Transfer. This will show you a list of all servers, including the closed ones, and the number of characters you have on each. Transferring characters from closed to live servers is free but you can only transfer from US to US and EU to EU.

RK is indeed good for solo and raids.

Legendary servers are VIP only servers with a level cap and reduced XP gain. At the moment they are capped at level 50 - i.e. no Moria yet and no skirmishes. Otherwise they are just the same as "normal" servers.

As mentioned above, some servers have been closed. A list of current servers and which ones were closed can be found here https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Social:List_of_Worlds
    Last edited by Altair6; Jan 30 2019 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    but you can only transfer from US to US and EU to EU.
    I'm not sure that that's true anymore since all servers are now located in the US and run by SSG.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebless View Post
    I'm not sure that that's true anymore since all servers are now located in the US and run by SSG.
    Its still correct, no transfers between US-EU servers.

Its not related to server location, is related to server database parameters and compatibility.

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Thanks everyone for the replies so far.

I'll have to look at server pops I guess before deciding on a server but the legendary servers sounds interesting if simply so I can have an easier time to catch up on other players.

I just need to decide what I will play. I love playing healers but it's not as easy when you have to solo.

It should be noted that at least until the minstrel update, the RK is currently the strongest healing class. It also has the highest dps in the game.

Hi,

I haven't played this in quite some time but I want to get back into the game. I think it's been 9 years now if I check my lotro points status.

Anyway, I want to know if rune keeper is decent for soloing and good for raids and stuff. Also, anyway to find back on which server I have characters without login on all of them one after the other?

Thanks for all your help
    Welcome back to LOTRO!

I have no troubles soloing a RK on landscape. RK is a great main healer or main damage on raids but not both at same time, you got to trait 1 or the other & keep 1 legendary set to pure heal & another to pure damage (legendary hybrids don't work well). It is more likely that the raid leader ask you to heal but you still need a descent legendary set to do damage when soloing. Just keep in mind that they are glasscanons so you want to keep your defenses pretty high & use the brain more than the muscle if you wish to live long enough to see the enemies die instead your toon.

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    Welcome back to LOTRO!

I have no troubles soloing a RK on landscape. RK is a great main healer or main damage on raids but not both at same time, you got to trait 1 or the other & keep 1 legendary set to pure heal & another to pure damage (legendary hybrids don't work well). It is more likely that the raid leader ask you to heal but you still need a descent legendary set to do damage when soloing. Just keep in mind that they are glasscanons so you want to keep your defenses pretty high & use the brain more than the muscle if you wish to live long enough to see the enemies die instead your toon.
    Thanks I often play healers in MMO, I'm very comfortable with the role so it should not be that much of a problem. I do like the fact I can also do dps but the aim is healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Olgomil View Post
    Its still correct, no transfers between US-EU servers.

Its not related to server location, is related to server database parameters and compatibility.

Sergio :-)
    Interesting. I would have thought when Codemasters left the picture it have stopped all that. Good to know. Thanks.

I do like the fact I can also do dps but the aim is healing.
    All the classes now have the option of 3 different Trait Tree's. Red is the max dps setup.