We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Grar's Key

Grar's Key

I was working through 'The Howling Pit' Quest Line and received the 'Grar's Key' Quest from Nain. I went back to Erebor and entered the Scholar's Abode but for the life of me I can't find the key in there anywhere. Nothing in there except Roi is interactable. Am I missing something? I've spent the last couple of days in there logging and checking if something pops but no. Thanks.
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

You need to walk to Erebor's main gate for the quest to update, then you visit the Scholar's Abode. It just doesn't trigger properly if you use the allegiance port skill directly inside.

OK, thanks.

That did it fine. Though I am bit puzzled that they assumed 120s were not going to port there.

I tried it solo on my Lore-master and survived about five rounds.
    Last edited by Raymore; Jan 30 2019 at 12:37 AM.
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

Quote Originally Posted by Raymore View Post
    I tried it solo on my Lore-master and survived about five rounds.
    If you mean the quest instance, thats meant for 3 people and it gets really hard if have no LoE (Light of Earendil) which kinda stupid since we don't get LoE Grear in Grey mountains...
    Pontin Level 120 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

I'm still at 204.
    - Judge Dan Haywood

You can swapper gear and put +20 LoE essences in the 2 slotters (3 of them) and you've got 120 LoE +80 for being lvl 120 and you're good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothrir View Post
    You need to walk to Erebor's main gate for the quest to update, then you visit the Scholar's Abode. It just doesn't trigger properly if you use the allegiance port skill directly inside.
    I literally did that quest last night. Just by total coincidence I decided to sight see and manually control my mount going to Erebor. It's a good thing I did that because I never knew you had to actually go through the main gate.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

wasted over an hour on this quest today. confusing quest to say the least. once you miss the "trigger" and talk to the guard outside the room, it appears you have to cancel the quest and retake at jarnfast. then, the trigger happens when running (not sure if works on horse, I dismounted) up the first set of steps from the landscape to the erebor mountain doors.