We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Camouflage on lower levels

Pardon this noob question (hunter is only my lowbie alt), but are there any strategies or actual advantages to Camouflage skill? (Outside of the red line spec bonus that grants extra crit chance when stealthed).

It's entirely static and can't be used to sneak around, wondering if I'm missing something or not utilizing what it was designed for?

I was pondering this very same question earlier as I browsed thru the class deeds I need.

Brandy: Cupcakes of Doom.
    Landro: Trueheart Companions.

It's mostly a pvp skill, thus only really useful at level 120. Except for the crit bonus of course. I make use of it though, like when I need to be afk for a little while while in a quest area. And it's the only possible way for stealthy dwarves

Quote Originally Posted by hfe View Post
    It's mostly a pvp skill, thus only really useful at level 120. Except for the crit bonus of course. I make use of it though, like when I need to be afk for a little while while in a quest area. And it's the only possible way for stealthy dwarves
    It's useful to open up a fight because of the crit chance thingie, but, as the OP said, only in red. Focus, Camouflage, Burn Hot, blam. It doesn't actually help you hide in the same way as the burg or warden stealth skills and is no use outside red.
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

5. At low levels in PvE, it is an excellent skill when you need to take a bio or the phone rings.