We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PvMP Not Likely For 2019

From the mouth of Cordovan here:

https://clips.twitch.tv/BusyRamshackleCheetahLitty
    Aradhel
    50 Minstrel - Officer of The Last Alliance - Anor
    Challenger of the Rift - Challenger of Helegrod

Good news

Excellent!

Sounds pretty awesome that there is a chance we will get it at some point now though!
    Varkking - Dwarf Rune-Keeper - Syndicate - Anor Server
    Moderator of Lord of the Rings On Prime Subreddit.

Really sad this game...

Quote Originally Posted by Magnumum View Post
    Really sad this game...
    They could have said no we are never giving you PVMP. This is better news. We need to make sure we are heard but we need to do it the right way without coming across as whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Varkking View Post
    They could have said no we are never giving you PVMP. This is better news. We need to make sure we are heard but we need to do it the right way without coming across as whining.
    I think it's more along the lines of, "The chance of PvMP happening on the legendary servers is not zero, but its 0.0000001%". They keep on saying its a possibility to keep people paying a sub.

Quote Originally Posted by xxSniperxx View Post
    I think it's more along the lines of, "The chance of PvMP happening on the legendary servers is not zero, but its 0.0000001%". They keep on saying its a possibility to keep people paying a sub.
    They said it isn't likely to happen in 2018. That would then be them telling people dont worry about subbing until 2019 under that thought process.

Then what is the point implementing it at all?

PvP is also about community (a different kind as in Pve ) but it is still a community none the less. So, all you are stating here is "screw you pvp community, you mean nothing to us".

How the hell can you expect a community to form at level 120 when Creeps will be gimped by having to play through Ranks like one of the Boraxxe naked adventurers to get skills and traits to even begin to be able to compete..... Freeps will enter rank free but has a lot less impact on them as they will be tooled up to the eyeballs.

Oh yea I'm sorry, so what happens? you turn a complete blind eye to all the cheating and so you expect them to pay for skills and traits and cheat the ranks....

Now we are getting to the nub of why we have no Pvp on LS. Ineptitude, lack of empathy and greed.

Glad to know where we stand.
    WHY DO PEOPLE WHO KNOW THE LEAST, KNOW IT THE LOUDEST?

They said it isn't likely to happen in 2018. That would then be them telling people dont worry about subbing until 2019 under that thought process.
    You have to read between the lines. Just look at how much development has happened related to pvp on live servers, and ask yourself, "Will legendary servers get more attention than this???" The answer is no, legendary servers will undoubtedly get less developer attention than the already nonexistent developer attention that the other servers get when it comes to pvp. This is just common sense. A mouse doesn't give birth to an elephant.

You have to read between the lines. Just look at how much development has happened related to pvp on live servers, and ask yourself, "Will legendary servers get more attention than this???" The answer is no, legendary servers will undoubtedly get less developer attention than the already nonexistent developer attention that the other servers get when it comes to pvp. This is just common sense. A mouse doesn't give birth to an elephant.
    Why would we need more attention than others? Once the level gap is lessened they can just flip the switch to enable PVMP and let us deal with the imbalance. I have yet to see any legendary server player ask for balanced PVMP. I have seen most who have commented acknowledge that this will likely not be the case and we are okay with dominating or being destroyed as it gives us all something else to do.

Why would we need more attention than others? Once the level gap is lessened they can just flip the switch to enable PVMP and let us deal with the imbalance. I have yet to see any legendary server player ask for balanced PVMP. I have seen most who have commented acknowledge that this will likely not be the case and we are okay with dominating or being destroyed as it gives us all something else to do.
    Legendary server pvp would need more attention than on live because mid-level stats are on a different curve than level cap stats. Everything needs to be adjusted or the Ettenmoors will be just as or even more messy than it is on live. It's not about flipping the switch and leaving everyone to "deal with the imbalance", that is the most absurd thing about this game. Imagine paying a monthly sub and the developers just make the players deal with the balance and content problems on their own. A do-it-yourself MMO, if you will.

Legendary server pvp would need more attention than on live because mid-level stats are on a different curve than level cap stats. Everything needs to be adjusted or the Ettenmoors will be just as or even more messy than it is on live. It's not about flipping the switch and leaving everyone to "deal with the imbalance", that is the most absurd thing about this game. Imagine paying a monthly sub and the developers just make the players deal with the balance and content problems on their own. A do-it-yourself MMO, if you will.
    I'd much prefer access to an imbalanced Moors over no access at all. Anything greater than zero is greater than zero.

Give Anor and Ithil PvMP.
    Before making a complaint here, ask yourself this: "Am I still giving SSG money?". If the answer is yes, there's no point complaining.

But PVMP hasn't been balanced in ages. So they wouldn't need to put in more effort here than they do anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothir View Post
    I'd much prefer access to an imbalanced Moors over no access at all. Anything greater than zero is greater than zero.
    Well, I guess you can #logtill2020 and wait for it....
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

But PVMP hasn't been balanced in ages. So they wouldn't need to put in more effort here than they do anywhere else.
    Too true. Last time I properly PvPed was back in 2012 - 2013, and even then it was hilariously unbalanced. Still, would be nicer to have it than to not have it at all.

Before making a complaint here, ask yourself this: "Am I still giving SSG money?". If the answer is yes, there's no point complaining.

Great news. The PvP crowd now got all the non-legendary servers to gank each other, and have all the 'fun'. And SSG has more time for better things to improve or add.

Quote Originally Posted by Mearns View Post
    Great news. The PvP crowd now got all the non-legendary servers to gank each other, and have all the 'fun'. And SSG has more time for better things to improve or add.
    Like what?

Like what?
    Like new level 120 content. The legendary servers may be extremely popular right now, but the PvE environment at current cap level is still their bread and butter. The Beorning Lands have been semi-leaked already because someone found a landscape opening to content that already went to live....

Also, adding tier 2 and tier 3 options to Moria instances, and polishing up Moria overall comes to mind for when the Legendary Server ups the cap in March.

Lotro is a PvE game first, the storyline and PvE type content is the most important. PvP has always been on the backburner, stuff would get patched and fixed when they "got around to it". That hasn't changed, only now they got LESS staff to do it with as the last time they took a serious look at PvP.
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    Like new level 120 content.
    This doesn't take away from that. Nobody is asking or suggesting the entire LOTRO staff help enable PVMP on these servers. If they have already said it likely isn't going to happen in 2019 then they just need one person to work on it slowly throughout the year.

Also, adding tier 2 and tier 3 options to Moria instances, and polishing up Moria overall comes to mind for when the Legendary Server ups the cap in March.
    Again, this is short sighted like the above statement. I highly doubt they are working on or have been working on special loot for the legendary server instances for Moria. We will likely go live with the same gear currently in game with minimal to no changes. Maybe next expansion but not this one.

Lotro is a PvE game first, the storyline and PvE type content is the most important. PvP has always been on the backburner, stuff would get patched and fixed when they "got around to it". That hasn't changed, only now they got LESS staff to do it with as the last time they took a serious look at PvP.
    I am suggesting that they continue at this pace for PVMP and that is fine. Nobody is asking them to make sweeping changes to their approach to enable this on the LS.

PVP in lotro originally didnt come until around Moria anyway, much less the skirm system. Of course we didnt have horses either so...

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    PVP in lotro originally didnt come until around Moria anyway, much less the skirm system. Of course we didnt have horses either so...
    PvMP still came during SoA. Skirms came with Moria.
    Server: [DE]Gwaihir, Kinship: Hecki Hecki Pateng

it could have been worse. he could have said "Soon™".
    The Lover®: So suave. So cool. So debonair. So smooth.

This is CYAN. This is TEAL. Know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by dmark101 View Post
    it could have been worse. he could have said "Soon™".
    Yeah. The answer we got was a lot better imho.... we know exactly what's happening (Very likely no PvMP in 2019, it will make "more sense" when the level cap is at a higher level), and with 2019 bringing us level 60 cap in March, and level 75 cap in July, followed by a level 85 cap in November or so.....based on what we currently know about releasing Moria AND Lothlorien at the same time as one content...... I am really starting to think that because of game changes over time - in PARTICULAR the trait trees with Helms Deep when we went from level 85 to 95..... that PvMP will probably not happen until the level cap is either 85 still, or heads to 95 in 2020.
    -----

Mirage has been dispelled, thank you. UNSUBBED

Quote Originally Posted by NyblingN View Post

I enjoy PvE raiding but what I really want to do is PvP. Sadly, the amount of PvE grind to gear up so you don't get 1shotted is worse than ever.

So just before they announced the 'Legendary' Servers I'd unsubbed. I did so as my yearly subscription had expired and after close to a year off my toons were ungeared and free infamy. No point in going into Moors which lets be honest, is what we are paying for..
    Hearing about the 'Legendary' servers though, I was excited and hopeful The possibility of PvP at lower levels was something I missed as I discovered the game late. So I resubbed!

Well it's clear to me that it's a mirage. I thank Cordovan for his honesty. My monthly sub was imminent and I've just cancelled it. I'm my own man and I don't speak for anyone else and my sub is not going to break SSG's bank but their actions do have consequences. I'm making an informed decision to save my dollars. I'll keep my eye on things and resub 'when' SSG actually bring in PvP and can offer me a product for my $.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquitanius View Post
    I enjoy PvE raiding but what I really want to do is PvP. Sadly, the amount of PvE grind to gear up so you don't get 1shotted is worse than ever.

So just before they announced the 'Legendary' Servers I'd unsubbed. I did so as my yearly subscription had expired and after close to a year off my toons were ungeared and free infamy. No point in going into Moors which lets be honest, is what we are paying for..
    Hearing about the 'Legendary' servers though, I was excited and hopeful The possibility of PvP at lower levels was something I missed as I discovered the game late. So I resubbed!

Well it's clear to me that it's a mirage. I thank Cordovan for his honesty. My monthly sub was imminent and I've just cancelled it. I'm my own man and I don't speak for anyone else and my sub is not going to break SSG's bank but their actions do have consequences. I'm making an informed decision to save my dollars. I'll keep my eye on things and resub 'when' SSG actually bring in PvP and can offer me a product for my $.
    You aren't alone. All the graphs have shown the Limited Servers' populations have dropped significantly. Anor went from being the most popular server at launch to being 3rd smallest, and that's in just 3 months, and Ithil is the smallest by a wide margin (SSG would be best to just merge them both at this point). And it's not that people went back to their old servers, either, since they've been dropping in population, too. Lack of PvP is going to massively impact this experiment SSG is running.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast