We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Moria is a hell hole. Cold dark and you fall to your death everywhere. I avoid it at all cost. Worst place in the world.

Have you been to Moria yet? Tell us about your experience!

Actually, I'm sending my third character through Moria now. It's my first experience in Moria alone, and it's forced me to notice lots of things that I hadn't before. One of the biggest is the epic architecture in Moria...I mean, c'mon! Considering how small dwarfs are, the little dudes can build like nobody's business. As intimidating as turning a new corner in Moria can always be, it can also reveal amazing views that literally take my breath away.

With warm regards,
    Khally

Moria is one of my favorite places in Middle Earth. The sound effects, architecture and locations are all well designed. When I first visited Moria I had a feeling of dread but after a while it became like a second home.
    After spending weeks down in the depths I finally emerged in Lothlorien and felt the sun on my face. It was an amazing feeling.

It was dark.
    I was wearing armor.
    I felt likely to be eaten by a grue.

Moria

First time in Moria was so awe inspiring. It was dark and a maze and so easy to die. I miss the dark days when it first came out but for most the revamp seems to have been an improvement. Still one of my favourite places to wander and discover some beautiful site I had missed before.

I fell... A lot...

Okay maybe it was on purpose for the titles.

Max Morale scrolls this week woohoo... need some of those !

I've been to Moria with almost all of my chars, first before the revamp and I'll never forget the feeling when I finally came out at Dimrill Dale. The new Moria feels a lot less dangerous and mysterious than the old one, more streamlined. Though for repeat play (with alts) the new one is much more friendly, so I like it, too.
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

Quote Originally Posted by Umpbear View Post
    Moria was a great expansion, I had a splendid time.

Leaving Moria (though you never really do) and emerging into Lothlorien was an incredibly visceral experience.
    We went through Moria years and years ago... and upon stepping foot outside we were immediately turned into pincushions by the elves! LOL

Right now we're just getting to Rohan for the very first time, so looking forward to that... we'll go through Moria again on some alts, and see all the revamped things they added after we quit playing all those years ago, at a future time!

Lessons learned from that first trip through? Hmm, how about turn up your gamma!

Yes, a long time ago. I was so traumatized by it I've never gone back. Seriously though, it was years ago right after it came out and I haven't really seen the upgraded/added areas. We got next to leaving the place when we took a break from the game. It was too dark for me to see so I had to crank up my gamma to play through there and I was always lost. We'll probably end up going through it again with another set of chars but I have mixed feelings on whether I really want to or not.

Thumbs up Have you been to Moria yet? Tell us about your experience!

Many times, 1 per each class that 1 played & every 1 fell like a totally new experience as the visual perspective & combat style change with each alt & race. The place is just epic so it never gets old.

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    Many times, 1 per each class that 1 played & every 1 fell like a totally new experience as the visual perspective & combat style change with each alt & race. The place is just epic so it never gets old.
    Excellent answer! Even im not being the best guide there, its an incredible place!

Quote Originally Posted by TheArtilleryman View Post
    (Spits out coffee) absolutely hilarious!
    About "the dwarves stole my pony....."

Agreed!
    Live Simly that Others May Simply Live

I still no been there

Really easy to get turned around in the lower levels.

Ah, Moria... I recently took a high level toon back for deeds, and had a great time. Beautiful, horrible, infested Moria! Requires some ruthlessness in Inventory management, but very rewarding and enjoyable.

Have you been to Moria yet? Tell us about your experience!

Explored Moria on my main for 1.5 years, with experience disabler equipped. At walking speed, no running, no riding. Never used stables and never ported out to do anything else. Literally 1.5 years spent in Moria.

I know every shortcut and every distant corner of it. Walked on the ground directly under Dwarf Lords' Gate bridge, swam in water in the nethermost chasm of Redhorn Lodes, wrote my character's story where deep history resonated with every step. Wrote poetry about some of Moria's zones, inspired by their design. Maxed my level 58 Second Age legendary weapons and completed every single Moria quest, deed, and instance deed on level.

At this point, could build a miniature 3D model of the entire map with my eyes closed. Overwhelming detail in Moria, the most incredible in-game experience I've ever had.
    "Leaving the game plan is a sign of panic, and panic is not in our game plan." - Chuck Noll

Congratulations, you have won this weeks contest!

Quote Originally Posted by Fealhach View Post
    "Have you been to Moria yet? Tell us about your experience!"

It was dark, It was Scary, And the Dwarves were quite Hairy.

Cheers

Please check your forum mailbox for your points code. You can insert the code in the redeem code box within the LOTRO store to receive your points.

Quote Originally Posted by OliveYew View Post

Please check your forum mailbox for your points code. You can insert the code in the redeem code box within the LOTRO store to receive your points.
    Thanks very much!

Cheers
    “It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass.”

What region in LOTRO has the best snow?

Forochel of course! The most beautiful snow and the most beautiful sky.
    "It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door. You step into the Road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to."
    Bilbo Baggins

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Herwegur View Post
    Explored Moria on my main for 1.5 years, with experience disabler equipped. At walking speed, no running, no riding. Never used stables and never ported out to do anything else. Literally 1.5 years spent in Moria.

I know every shortcut and every distant corner of it. Walked on the ground directly under Dwarf Lords' Gate bridge, swam in water in the nethermost chasm of Redhorn Lodes, wrote my character's story where deep history resonated with every step. Wrote poetry about some of Moria's zones, inspired by their design. Maxed my level 58 Second Age legendary weapons and completed every single Moria quest, deed, and instance deed on level.

At this point, could build a miniature 3D model of the entire map with my eyes closed. Overwhelming detail in Moria, the most incredible in-game experience I've ever had.
    WOW- I love this answer... Most amazing!
    "One thing drives out another." [Barliman Butterbur]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4