We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Champion

Champion

I currently have a l107 champ in mordor, and he is a blast to play on. I am currently jumping between red and yellow, so which is the superior trait line? It seems whenever I'm in yellow fighting 3-4 mobs non signature mobs, and close to beating them all and then beat them in yellow line i am also using 2h legendary sword for both . And then a black uruk enforcer shows up I seem to get destroyed even though I'm at 54k. Its almost as if aoe on one signature target does less damage than red line.
    Last edited by robertman23; Jan 16 2019 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by robertman23 View Post
    It seems whenever I'm in yellow fighting 3-4 mobs non signature mobs, and close to beating them all and then beat them in yellow line i am also using 2h legendary sword for both . And then a black uruk enforcer shows up I seem to get destroyed even though I'm at 54k. Its almost as if aoe on one signature target does less damage than red line.
    Well, yes, that's not rocket science, really. You have higher single target dps in red and higher aoe in yellow. So, no stance is better than the other, both are situational, depending on whom you're attacking. Also, keep in mind that "pure stances" aren't the best option for Champions. When you go dps forget about blue traits, but try to use a mixture of red and yellow --or of yellow and red.

Finally, although Mordor is now considerably easier than it was before U23, don't strut around expecting to be an invincible hero there. Be very careful with your pulls because some mobs hit really hard. Champions are a blast indeed, but they need good gear, since while they're hitting their enemies they always get hit --very different from ranged classes. At lower levels heavy armour is a big help because of mitigations, but starting at level 106 its benefits become considerably less effective.

Quote Originally Posted by robertman23 View Post
    Its almost as if aoe on one signature target does less damage than red line.
    You're looking at things all wrong, from a champ perspective it takes just as long to kill one mob as it does 3-6 so why fight just one?

But those enforcers are harder than usual mobs, and come as a nasty surprise when you first encounter them.
    Wal's Army on Evernight - Walred (Champ), Walmur (RK), Walbert-2 (Cappy), Walori (Guard), Walrandir (LM), Walora (Warden), Walmo (Burg)