We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Helping Alts

Helping Alts

It's been a common complaint that playing an alt is irritating, considering how much it would take to try to match the completion of a main. I propose a method of allowing alts to have a share in their other characters' achievements (at a mostly cosmetic level).

Deeds

Include a way for alts to automatically complete selected deeds that another character on the account has already completed. The player would log into their alt and, when viewing the specific deed, they can pay twice the LP cost that they would've received had they completed it as standard. They receive no LP from the completion of deeds this way, but it helps people skip tedious grinds that they've already completed before.

Mounts

You buy a Perk from the Store that unlocks all of the mounts across your account. Could call it "Shared Stables". All mounts from then on are automatically account wide.

Titles

All titles are now account-wide, providing LP is spent on a new Perk for the Store, you could call it "By Association" or something.

Pets

Basically the same as for mounts, allow pets to be unlocked across the account after purchase of another Perk for the Store.

People can suggest below other ideas for sharing amongst alts, since I'm sure there's plenty of other account-wide bonuses that could be out there.
    Doro from the other-side.

I wouldn’t mind having the virtues from deeds on my alts so I can just play the damn game. SSG can keep the LOTRO points.

Just the thought of all that deeding again makes me cringe.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    SSG can keep the LOTRO points.
    The problem is that doesn't benefit SSG. They need people to at least spend points, not just save having to hand some out, otherwise they don't tend to take note of any suggestions.
    Doro from the other-side.