We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lore-masters role in 3-man instances?

LM role in 6 mans and raid is pretty clear, but what about 3 mans?

Heal/support or damage?

Can LM solo heal the group? Is the minor healing from the spirit of nature worth it compared to other pet utility?

What are the uses of blue line in group content?

Endgame:

Traited yellow or hybrid: LM are able to heal Glimmerdeep up to T3 and Thrumfall up to T2. Maybe some LMs are able to solo heal Thrumfall T3 but I am not.
    LMs are able to heal many 3 Mans actually.

Spirit of nature is quite nice. Nature's light is okay and the Gift also. You should be switching pets anway.

Of course you can go as a DD LM but it would take longer compared to a "real" DD.

Quote Originally Posted by ValdrX View Post
    LM role in 6 mans and raid is pretty clear, but what about 3 mans?

Heal/support or damage?

Can LM solo heal the group? Is the minor healing from the spirit of nature worth it compared to other pet utility?

What are the uses of blue line in group content?
    You can do glimmerdeep t2 and t3 with: Tank, DD, Red LM

You can also play your yellow Lm there, but usally the support from Red is even on t3 enough and you extra damage helps to clear the instance faster.
    Gertes

Quote Originally Posted by Gertes View Post
    You can do glimmerdeep t2 and t3 with: Tank, DD, Red LM

You can also play your yellow Lm there, but usally the support from Red is even on t3 enough and you extra damage helps to clear the instance faster.

This. Actually in TG T3 also. Only in Thrumfall it doesn't really work that well - kinda hurts :3

+ The endboss is easily doable without heal anyway. In some formations whole glimmerdeep is doable without heal.

What about the other 3 mans? I clearly remember back in the days of Mirkwood certain instances like Arena Dol Guldur needed a dedicated primary healer

Quote Originally Posted by ValdrX View Post
    What about the other 3 mans? I clearly remember back in the days of Mirkwood certain instances like Arena Dol Guldur needed a dedicated primary healer
    Not sure about lvl 65 but did this as a LM healer on 120 and it worked. The stun immunity and debuffs win this.

Personally I prefer to run 3-mans as red. My DPS might be lower than a real DPSer, but if you have a good tank and healer then survival shouldn't be an issue, it'll just take a bit longer to kill stuff. I still throw out Fire Lore, Water Lore, and anti-stuns to help out when I can. I only shift to full heals if I'm running T2C and the challenge is a DPS race that I can't win.

On my LM, I run red/yellow (traited down to Ancient Craft) in most 3mans. With debuffs and crowd control, your heals are enough for a competent tank to survive almost any 3man on almost any difficulty. Some boss fights I swap to yellow/blue for better heal utility, but this potential was greatly nerfed with the recent change to trait trees which disallows us from using the blue capstone, Feral, when speccing yellow.

Honestly, with the exception of Caverns of Thrumfall t3, an LM can heal any 3man in the game at the max difficulty with little issue for the most part, depending on group composition. For classic instances, an LM can even heal some 6mans on t2c last I've tried.

It's all a matter of having the group work with you. As an LM, you can heal pretty well these days, but you cannot heal stupid. Just warn others to not do the stupid.

LM is a really good option for 3 man. In some you can't be a main DPS but a LM with high crit and decent mastery can outdps a mediocre hunter even in single target DPS. And aoe will be nice too. Only problem is the fight must be really static so gourd and tar do their wonders.
    Fully yellow you can pretty much heal 9-10 k hps which is good, only problem is when group members other than tank get the aggro or stand in puddles. Also in yellow enemies do around half the damage so if a mini doing 20k hps can heal it, you can heal it doing 10k hps.

Also you can combine different trait lines depending on the fight and role: Red +blue when fight is about pure DPS so you can use catmint; red and yellow when you need some rebuffs and heals but will have enough time to deal some DPS. And yellow and blue when you have to heal more and debuff enemies for maximizing others DPS. I only use this when I have to do so many debuff, heal and Cc that I have no time to DPS, but mostly only in raid or hard 6man.