We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Raid Closure

Oh, I completed it solo in one hour after release with spoons and Frostbluff rags.

The standing across the room is one thing but continually opening Chests is an exploit period.
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

Quote Originally Posted by Strider5548 View Post
    This is another reason why I think they need to stop increasing the level cap and releasing new content. I would be thrilled if SSG would spend the next year (or 3) going through all of the old content, fixing all the problems, fixing mounted combat, fixing trait trees, fixing the LI system, building a system that encourages lower level instance play and actually rewards it, enhancing RP capabilities, invest in hobbies, improving speed/stability, and putting LOTRO in a position to scale into a mainstream game.
    Endorsed.

With the legendary servers continuing to progress on the side, subscribers will still have plenty to do. At this point we really need an extended full development stoppage to fix the rapidly multiplying amount of game breaking bugs.

"Thanks for the suggestion."
    Arda Shrugged - Elendilstone & Landroval

no, people will not flock to the "legendary" servers. Those who don't have a sub can't go there at all even. if they close development of new things to "take their sweet time and fix other things in year old content" people will just leave for lack of things to do, as the LS is the same old story all over again. Imagine whole 1 year of nothing new to do, oh wait... it happened during Mirkwood as they had their hands full with the f2p transition and guess what, many left because of lack of things to do, let alone 3 years. Might as well make lotro 2 at this point, think logically... what SSG should do is stop releasing broken content and do quality assurance before a launch.
    My Lotro blog :)

Quote Originally Posted by luckygirl1 View Post
    The reason the raid was closed was due to a looting chest bug. Surely this could have been fix with a simple configuration change and/or restarting some service, which should take less than an hour
    I'm not sure why you would think that.

Hello???????????????? Where is the raid????
    44 Bulldog

Quote Originally Posted by NeoBasilisk View Post
    I'm not sure why you would think that.
    Its just what I heard.

And what other reason would there be? Plenty of raids in the past had and still have exploits that never caused them to close it down. Only reason I can actually think of that makes sense to close content is that it involves loot and people abusing it. I'm sure they do not want to shift through players on another wave of bans like they did with TG.

Quote Originally Posted by luckygirl1 View Post
    Its just what I heard.

And what other reason would there be? Plenty of raids in the past had and still have exploits that never caused them to close it down. Only reason I can actually think of that makes sense to close content is that it involves loot and people abusing it. I'm sure they do not want to shift through players on another wave of bans like they did with TG.
    I was referring to the part where you suggested that the issue could be fixed and deployed in less than an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by miriadel View Post
    no, people will not flock to the "legendary" servers. Those who don't have a sub can't go there at all even. if they close development of new things to "take their sweet time and fix other things in year old content" people will just leave for lack of things to do, as the LS is the same old story all over again. Imagine whole 1 year of nothing new to do, oh wait... it happened during Mirkwood as they had their hands full with the f2p transition and guess what, many left because of lack of things to do, let alone 3 years. Might as well make lotro 2 at this point, think logically... what SSG should do is stop releasing broken content and do quality assurance before a launch.
    But imagine if they updated Loot tables for old instances first, like Sambrog/Fornost made them what DoS/Pelennor used to be back at 100/105.... that would give people a few months of content... Slowly adding new cool things for different classes in each scaling instance. And while doing that, they fixed bugs in Draigoch and other QoL bugs
    Death's Bane : Arkenstone
    Meneldor Native

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    This issue was not reported on Bullroarer. In regard to the "when" of reopening, we are working to resolve the issue and reopen the raid as soon as we can. As soon as I know more I will let you know.

this can almost be understood that you only repaired the lootbug and ignored all the other bugs? that would be sad. when we were the first evening in the raid he just resetted in the middle of the fight, people were simply portet in the fight to the entrance , the mechanics got completely confused after a whipe and many many more. we have the impression the raid was only half finished and half finished releast

Quote Originally Posted by NeoBasilisk View Post
    I was referring to the part where you suggested that the issue could be fixed and deployed in less than an hour.
    Yes, I am comparing an instance where looting 4 different chests in one instance should take as long as fixing a store bug. Considering this bug has been seen before they should already have the procedures written down and ready to go on how to fix it.

I actually can't think of a single instance or instance cluster that didn't have a game-breaking bug or exploit or unwanted mechanic at initial launch.

Anvil - chest bug, closed
    Grey Mts cluster - chest bug, closed
    Abyss - boss 1 challenge bug, numerous unfixed bugs at boss 2/3
    Court of Seregost - farmable for ash, daily locks were introduced
    Throne - various bugs relating to challenge in the midst of raid progression
    Silent Street - you could run at level 75 and get level 105 drops, closed
    Quays - you could pull the trolls one-at-a-time
    Dome of Stars - almost the entire instance's mobs can be skipped/ignored
    Ruined City - you were able to skip all bosses and run to final boss, then they "fixed", and you were still able to skip boss 1/2, then they "fixed" again, can still skip boss 1/2, "fixed" again
    Epic Battle instances - tell me what's wrong with this pic
    Erebor - do people even remember how many people at 85 were exploiting the challenges here?
    ToO - the ledge at Saruman, enough said
    Draigoch - you know the one

It's so commonplace in the game's history that unfortunately, it would have been a miracle if the Anvil didn't have something like this at initial launch.

Quote Originally Posted by mikkye View Post
    Well imo I dont 100% justify perma bans.... but raid is do-able enough first week if got good group. This thing about = people exploiting for titles that aren't even original..... tbh its embarrassing and brings shame to their kin and reputation. This raid does not give original title so what was rush? Why couldn't wait 1-3 days fully do it like other legit raiding kins but insead do first 3 hours and now perma banned.
    You have any proof of kins exploiting or being permabanned?

Quote Originally Posted by Rimenuir View Post
    But imagine if they updated Loot tables for old instances first, like Sambrog/Fornost made them what DoS/Pelennor used to be back at 100/105.... that would give people a few months of content... Slowly adding new cool things for different classes in each scaling instance. And while doing that, they fixed bugs in Draigoch and other QoL bugs
    faulty logic again. And again, people will not flock to the LS because of updated loot tables for year old instances at the 100/105 cap... which ironically is when the unique loot got taken away in favor of scaling loot. And the loot is exactly the same as on live anyway, so moot point, as they would have to rewrite the loot tables on the LS from scratch to add anything unique and of interest. People can reach level 50 in a week, and again will have to wait for the LS to release the next level cap, ON TOP OF waiting for the devs to "fix" years of other stuff on the normal servers. Wait on top of wait: players will leave and find something to do elsewhere.

Logical solution: SSG gets their act together and stop releasing broken content
    My Lotro blog :)

Quote Originally Posted by QueenArleth View Post
    I actually can't think of a single instance or instance cluster that didn't have a game-breaking bug or exploit or unwanted mechanic at initial launch.

...It's so commonplace in the game's history that unfortunately, it would have been a miracle if the Anvil didn't have something like this at initial launch.

Thanks for taking the time to list all those specifics out. Of course, you're exactly right.

And yet, if you bring these (or many other) issues up, a few on these forums will respond with, "Well what do you expect? SSG has such a small staff now! Just be glad there's any game at all!"

Seriously? Is that what LOTRO has sunk to? Because compared to what it used to be...that would be very sad.
    Last edited by Narthalion; Jan 15 2019 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by miriadel View Post

I agree. Players/customers aren't going to stick around for 3 years with nothing new to do and continue spending money to keep the game afloat. They need to spend money on more testers and probably better test their development tools to avoid these bugs. It's embarrassing and costly to have so many getting to live where you have to shut down the raid right after launch.

I don't understand why people is always complaining. Since the time we play we know turbine/SSG and how they are competent.

I am pissed off and i will not renew my sub. I tooke it for supporting the game (in fact it was useless event more with this bad pvpm) but i can't pay again and approve it.

Any news? No?
    44 Bulldog

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    This issue was not reported on Bullroarer. In regard to the "when" of reopening, we are working to resolve the issue and reopen the raid as soon as we can. As soon as I know more I will let you know.
    In the military this is called CYA.

Quote Originally Posted by Strider5548 View Post
    This is another reason why I think they need to stop increasing the level cap and releasing new content. I would be thrilled if SSG would spend the next year (or 3) going through all of the old content, fixing all the problems, fixing mounted combat, fixing trait trees, fixing the LI system, building a system that encourages lower level instance play and actually rewards it, enhancing RP capabilities, invest in hobbies, improving speed/stability, and putting LOTRO in a position to scale into a mainstream game.
    I agree with this completely.Even if they release content make it on a smaller level through out period.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3