We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: PvMP Suggestion

PvMP Suggestion

This is my opinion only.

First I have not done much PvMP because I do not care for that style of play. I got burned out of PVP due to the fiasco that "Conan the Barbarian" MMORPG became. Talk about an unplayable mess.

Knowing that the game license does not allow World PvMP,

Setup the PvMP areas allowed, as a separate server a la Legendary Servers and the Bullroarer Server.

1. You can either create a new character and start from scratch or

2. Copy your Characters to the server.

The MAIN thing is that NO PvMP gear can be sent back to a landscape server and ALL PvMP gear on a landscape server will be DISABLED.

Benefits:

Rewards and skills can be balanced for landscape only on the Landscape servers and PvMP gear and Skills, the same on the PvMP server.

All that want to do PvMP can Copy their toons to the PvMP server and the PvMP population will be concentrated and then have a larger pool of data to test balance.

YES, I know that this sounds NON-PC, but the main issue that I see is that PvMP and PVE have TWO entirely different skill sets and goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainworth View Post
    This is my opinion only.

First I have not done much PvMP because I do not care for that style of play. I got burned out of PVP due to the fiasco that "Conan the Barbarian" MMORPG became. Talk about an unplayable mess.

Knowing that the game license does not allow World PvMP,

Setup the PvMP areas allowed, as a separate server a la Legendary Servers and the Bullroarer Server.

1. You can either create a new character and start from scratch or

2. Copy your Characters to the server.

The MAIN thing is that NO PvMP gear can be sent back to a landscape server and ALL PvMP gear on a landscape server will be DISABLED.

Benefits:

Rewards and skills can be balanced for landscape only on the Landscape servers and PvMP gear and Skills, the same on the PvMP server.

All that want to do PvMP can Copy their toons to the PvMP server and the PvMP population will be concentrated and then have a larger pool of data to test balance.

YES, I know that this sounds NON-PC, but the main issue that I see is that PvMP and PVE have TWO entirely different skill sets and goals.

I always thought they missed the boat by not having creeps level just like freeps. Would have added more content and required players to gear there toons in a similar fashion. If I was revamping pvp in this game I would use the skirmishes and big battles as the way in which to balance the playstyles available for pvp. It is not hard to figure out, but much harder to implement changes at this point. Especially since it seems they have given up on trying to acquire more players and are more trying to appease what they have left.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Setup the PvMP areas allowed, as a separate server a la Legendary Servers and the Bullroarer Server."

This
    +10000

+1 for pvp server....with current creeps transferable for free of course.....and zero pve gear for freeps.

its a surefire winner.

However with a whole host of 'Exploiting Freeps' about to experiemce account closures 8) (lolz) will there be ANY freeps willing to transfer?....