We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can we please get a max level instance for Empowerment Scrolls and new key daily's.

It is a crazy situation that if I want to make a red line set on my hunter, or for that matter make a lot of my alts playable at all that the only choice I have is to go back and do MT south gate dailies.

The number of scrolls needed for legendary weapons are killing this game, and while I sub VIP and don't mind spending some money in store the €300+ per character it would cost just to bring weapons up to date on a new alt is crazy.

They really need to fix this immediately or I can see it doing detrimental permanent damage to the game.

Secondly giving out lock boxes all over the place in game as the quickest way of gearing is one thing, but expecting VIPs to pay a sub and go to the store for their gear is not a good long term strategy. May I suggest that daily quests for keys return for VIP subscribers, at least give us some value for money.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert View Post
    It is a crazy situation that if I want to make a red line set on my hunter, or for that matter make a lot of my alts playable at all that the only choice I have is to go back and do MT south gate dailies.

The number of scrolls needed for legendary weapons are killing this game, and while I sub VIP and don't mind spending some money in store the €300+ per character it would cost just to bring weapons up to date on a new alt is crazy.
    Well, it all depends on your point of view. My husband's main and his number-two alt are currently running my main and my number-two alt through North Gate, South Gate, and Pelargir every day, collecting materials for imbuing the first one's staff and helping the second one level. We do it every day, it doesn't take a whole lot of time, and we enjoy it.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Well, it all depends on your point of view. My husband's main and his number-two alt are currently running my main and my number-two alt through North Gate, South Gate, and Pelargir every day, collecting materials for imbuing the first one's staff and helping the second one level. We do it every day, it doesn't take a whole lot of time, and we enjoy it.
    Now that they nerfed cos, scrolls should not come from -20 level dailies.... I was fine with it when you were able to get 10 a day (8 from t2c and 2+ from t1) 115 cos, but now its just ridiculous. As I put in the player suggestions, let us turn in Coins of Garik for LI items. Will allow more to flow through the economy, if not, through all of a players alts.

(edited for submitting to early oof)
    Death's Bane : Arkenstone : Endgame
    Mirage : Arkenstone : 75 Capped
    Meneldor Native

Scrolls (and assorted other items) used to come from CoS when Mordor was the endgame.

With Grey Mountains the current endgame scrolls should come from the related three-person instance (maybe the six-person too but we should at least be able to get them by doing current content that doesn't require a full group - not very old content).

Maybe if we got scrolls from doing the daily resource quests. Just 1 scroll from each resource quest would go a long way to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by soltasword View Post
    Maybe if we got scrolls from doing the daily resource quests. Just 1 scroll from each resource quest would go a long way to help out.
    Something like this would be great.

I'm a returning captain from a period when captains didn't really sword and board. After finally maxing my great sword and emblem, the thought of leveling a one handed sword is more than daunting with all the scrolls I'm going to need.

They want you to buy your LI levels - that's all there is to it.

We (the collective) have complained numerous times about the grind for SoE and Star-lits, numerous posts have outlined the various ways to acquire them via in-game grind, and a daily grind it is (MT, DA, RTs, and EBs) - you can spend all day just doing that, and not get anything else done, only people with a lot of time on their hands are going to be able to grind out enough currency to barter their LIs to max, casual players? Forget about it. Numerous posts have gone up about the high cost in real world money to just purchase those levels. Numerous posts have gone up about how that getting one toons LIs capped is a rough go if you weren't around to farm CoS, let alone any alts, especially toons that need multiple LI's for various lines (minstrels red line/healing line/buff books)

They don't care - they want your money, it's that simple.

This is why not one Blue Name has ever responded to a single thread about this exorbitant grind, and that is why it is doubtful this grind will ever become reasonable.

It's all about the money.

They really need to fix this immediately or I can see it doing detrimental permanent damage to the game.
    Already happened.

Secondly giving out lock boxes all over the place in game as the quickest way of gearing is one thing, but expecting VIPs to pay a sub and go to the store for their gear is not a good long term strategy. May I suggest that daily quests for keys return for VIP subscribers, at least give us some value for money.
    Better still, just go back to how the game was, before lootboxes were the "go to" gearing method.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

I just delete every lootbox I found. I do not mind buying things from Lotro Store, even thoses which are overpriced in my oppinion, but there should be no RNG concerning real money purchase. So I just do the only thing I can -delete lootboxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabani View Post
    I just delete every lootbox I found. I do not mind buying things from Lotro Store, even thoses which are overpriced in my oppinion, but there should be no RNG concerning real money purchase. So I just do the only thing I can -delete lootboxes.
    I'm not sure which (if any) loot reports SSG looks at, but I think filtering the boxes vs destroying them might give them more information to work with, and maybe send a more direct message to them. It's what I do, and what I encourage everybody else to do.

I delete them. I have found that after a few days of deleting them on a character, I don't get them anymore on that character.

Quote Originally Posted by Umpbear View Post
    I'm not sure which (if any) loot reports SSG looks at, but I think filtering the boxes vs destroying them might give them more information to work with, and maybe send a more direct message to them. It's what I do, and what I encourage everybody else to do.
    I opted for filtering, and it made it so much better. You never have to deal with the reminder that in-game online gambling is there... apart from that once a day having to deal with the hobbit "present" icon at the side, of course.

Plus, there's the sound filter available, too. No more hurricane-level waterfalls, static-sounding fires, or irritating jangling from other people's horses. Made a massive difference.

Give Anor and Ithil PvMP.
    Before making a complaint here, ask yourself this: "Am I still giving SSG money?". If the answer is yes, there's no point complaining.

Actually, the new instances reward Empowerment Scrolls. It is just the amount that is in no way in relation to the amount we need. E.g. a full T3 run of TG (the 6man) gives a total of 2 scrolls .. that would be years to get a weapon to max if you were to run current endgame instances to get them.

In my opinion, every boss in every one of the 3 and 6man Ered Mithrin instances should drop them, given 2 important factors: More scrolls in the 6man than in the 3man, and running t3 over t2 over t1 should be worthwhile for the amount of scrolls you get (if you can manage to complete the instance without wiping). Maybe add a bonus for completing the whole instance ontop of that. But these instances should allow us to improve our legendaries without the need to run lower level content.

If you are worried about market/..., make these scrolls account or even char bound - as long as it is possible to max out weapons with a somewhat reasonable amount of runs, i am fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Umpbear View Post
    They want you to buy your LI levels - that's all there is to it.

We (the collective) have complained numerous times about the grind for SoE and Star-lits, numerous posts have outlined the various ways to acquire them via in-game grind, and a daily grind it is (MT, DA, RTs, and EBs) - you can spend all day just doing that, and not get anything else done, only people with a lot of time on their hands are going to be able to grind out enough currency to barter their LIs to max, casual players? Forget about it. Numerous posts have gone up about the high cost in real world money to just purchase those levels. Numerous posts have gone up about how that getting one toons LIs capped is a rough go if you weren't around to farm CoS, let alone any alts, especially toons that need multiple LI's for various lines (minstrels red line/healing line/buff books)

They don't care - they want your money, it's that simple.

This is why not one Blue Name has ever responded to a single thread about this exorbitant grind, and that is why it is doubtful this grind will ever become reasonable.

It's all about the money.

This is the truth of it really. But, they are losing money in the long run because people are just not leveling up as many alts as they used to because the grind is so massive now for LI's and even for gear now that no one wants to play more than 1 or maybe 2 characters. I would love to bring more of my alts up but the grind for just LI's alone is unbearable now. It is hard enough just to keep 1 character at end game, I couldn't imagine trying to keep 3, or 4 , or more there. And as a vip, I won't spend more money just to level up my LI's. So, SSG is losing out and eventually, the grind will become so bad, no one will want to play more than 1 character at all. And then, why play the game at all if you have all these different characters but the grind is so bad you only have the time to play just 1. And what is the point of playing a character just to level 100 and then stopping and not taking said character further since that is where all the grind begins.

imo, the amount of Empos in endgame is fine, IF one was already maxxed out previous to lvl120 cap.
    For newstarters, its ridiculous.
    For people that were not able to get all the grind done with lvl115 cap, there is not really an end in sight now.
    ILI system needs a revamp and the sooner the better.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

I don't mind the MT daily grind for scrolls. What I DO mind is the 1-3 crash-to-desktop's on every toon while trying to get to the North Gate! I've been taking a long break from the game. As a 12 year lifer who averages about $100/year spend I really don't think SSG wants to lose players like me, but they have, for a while anyway. I've subbed to ESO so my gaming dollars are going elsewhere now. Vote with your pocketbook. They'll either fix it or fold it.

-Madmax

There needs to be a catch-up system for ILI. Pre-imbue, one could roll with run-of-the-mill 3rd agers till level cap, THEN at cap go for a fully developed one. Pre-imbue, difference between a typical for-actual-use and maxed out was:
    SA/FA
    Crystal of Remembrance
    Empo x20 or so.
    Starlit x3
    Whether you ran with maxed LI at cap for ages or just got a brand new capped alt, that was the list you needed once there was a level increase.

Post imbue, there is a gap that just keeps growing, and nowadays it is an abyss compared to which, Mordath is a little crack.

Here is one option:
    Add a new service to Forge master to enhance an imbued item. The service will cost gold or shards per legacy tier unlocked and works like this:

Usual imbued item is min level 100. When a player enhances an item, its min level goes up by 1 and each legacy unlocks a number of tiers assigned for that level. When a level 120 fully enhances an item that had no scrolls/crystals applied, it bring item to about 3-4 starlits and 20-30 Empos from max.

Charged costs are per tier unlocked and are somewhat comparable to reforge prices.

Enhance unlocks apply at the bottom. I.e. if I applied a bunch of starlits already, enhances will take me all way to 58.
    Enhances are per tier unlock. Means if any legacies are at max unlock already, enhance does not charge for those.

This way, people who already put grind into their ILIs will save a lot on enhances. Alts of those who got a stockpile of empos/starlits can still pump them into an LI and have a super-LI at 100.

There will be again a point to slotting/growing/deconning/refining - to gain shards for enhances.

The biggest problem was indeed touched on in this topic: It isn't a problem for people with a main that they continued to max out along the way since level 100..... But the empowerment scrolls are an enormous hill to climb for anyone just hitting level 100 and getting to imbue their items for the first time.

To max out a single LI, one needs about 260 or so empowerment scrolls. If you are a healing class (minstrel, runekeeper) you might have as many as 4 LI's, a DPS set and a healing set..... meaning you could need as many as 1000 empowerment scrolls to max out your 4 LI's. That's about 120 days of Minas Tirith Dailies grinding, and if you only have about 2-3 hours a day to play, and have to spend 1 hour a day just for that grind.... it leaves time for little else.

Right now, the game is easy for people that have kept their maxed out mains up, but it is almost an insult for players getting up to the ranks. There are MANY (and I really mean MANY) players that have switched to the legendary servers right now because the end-game grind was getting way too much, and they are having fun again. Sure, there is always some form of grind, and we will see legendary items with the Moria release in a month or two.... but it is not as bad as the uphill battle of empowerment scrolls after you imbued your LI. People have RETURNED to the game because of the legendary servers, and lesser grind/more gameplay.

I think 2019 should see an effort to fix or replace the current imbuement system with something that isn't such a huge mountain for anyone that gets to level 100..... and sees a mere 20 levels to get (which is easy), but sees an almost insurmountable mountain to climb to level up their legendary items.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I quit the game when the max level was 100 before imbuement came out and returning to the game several years later. I have sadly retired most of my alts due to the LI grind. There were a few scrolls to be had from quests in zones up to MT but nowhere near enough and none after that. For something that is essential if you even just want to quest in higher zones, scrolls and crystals should be available from quests in all level 100+ zones instead of the ridiculous situation we have now. If most of the needed scrolls came as part of natural progression I would spend more time in the game, as it is, I will probably quit for another long break fairly soon.

Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

And as of tomorrow tge number of scrolls per LI is going up by another 21...

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    That's about 120 days of Minas Tirith Dailies grinding, and if you only have about 2-3 hours a day to play, and have to spend 1 hour a day just for that grind.... it leaves time for little else.
    IMO the game already fails this check in quite a lot of cases. The current game is really designed for players that play at least 2-3 hours every single day, which pretty much means that LOTRO should better be your only spare time activity. The market of this kind of players is limited by RL and it is over-saturated by all MMO game companies.

The solution to this is simple and should have been implemented with imbued LI from the very start. In fact I think it is what most of us expected. There should be level 105 and 115 LIs that when imbued will act as a short cut past the grind introduced at those level caps. In the future there should be a lvl 120 LI.

No one liked the disposable LIs that we had, but those were never done away with. We still have disposable LIs from lvl 50 to 100. Only then do we get to keep our weapon. Imbued LIs should be available from the very start, but I give them a pass on this because it was probably too much extra work to make sure they didn't break old content. Still, short cuts should be available now and I can't imagine it is that hard to implement.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLotroFan View Post
    The solution to this is simple and should have been implemented with imbued LI from the very start. In fact I think it is what most of us expected. There should be level 105 and 115 LIs that when imbued will act as a short cut past the grind introduced at those level caps. In the future there should be a lvl 120 LI.

No one liked the disposable LIs that we had, but those were never done away with. We still have disposable LIs from lvl 50 to 100. Only then do we get to keep our weapon. Imbued LIs should be available from the very start, but I give them a pass on this because it was probably too much extra work to make sure they didn't break old content. Still, short cuts should be available now and I can't imagine it is that hard to implement.
    Interesting proposition but I'm not sure that would improve the grind. With the proposed system one could just keep using throwaway LIs up to level cap, then just get the level cap LI and imbue it for a substantial bonus in tier upgrades. How would it be better than just getting an imbued LI at level 100 and start slowly farming crystals and SoEs during the (currently) 20 levels between 100 and 120? Not counting the advantaqe of being able to use the imbued LI for the levels 100-120, considering that an imbued LI, albeit not fully upgraded, is still better than unimbued LIs, unless they massively overpower the suggested lvl 105-115 LIs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast