We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

2018 Yule Contest Winners!

After seventy two submissions, nearly three weeks, a fair voting process, and some discussion, the outfit blogs of Material Middle-earth, Cosmetic LOTRO, and Wandering Around Arda are proud to finally present the winners of the 2018 Yule Outfit Contest!

As a reminder, each entry was carefully examined against the following criteria:

-Representative of the Yule spirit or Wintry ambiance.
    -Originality of the overall design.
    -Integration of the various pieces used.
    -Blending of dye colors.
    -Overall impression and quality of the screenshot.

Although it wasn't easy, judging these submissions was truly an honor. All of the outfits we received were beautiful. Lots of care, passion, and enthusiasm went into each and every one. Just from effort alone, I wish it were possible to award everybody a prize. Unfortunately, we could only pick three winners.

To see a full list of our participant's outfits, click here for the Flickr album.

And now to announce the winners!

FIRST PLACE: Holfi of Laurelin - 1550 LP

Head: Wintry Yule Cap (Crimson, random reward from the Sack of Presents during the Yule Festival)
    Shoulders: Fur Mantle (Default, Yule Festival barter reward)
    Back: Sage's Pack (White, LOTRO Store)
    Chest: Ale Association Robe (Crimson, Ale Association reputation barter reward)
    Hands: Extravagant Festival Gloves (Red, reward from Gain and Glory: Assist the Rich)
    Feet: Ceremonial Ajokoira Shoes (Red, Lossoth Tailor reputation recipe)

SECOND PLACE: Lisi of Arkenstone - Account-wide Perlino Steed

Head: Trapper’s Bandana (Walnut brown, Skirmish Camp Cosmetics vendor)
    Shoulders: Yule Scarf (White, Yule Festival barter reward)
    Back: Elven Prospector’s Pack (White, T3 Tailor recipe)
    Chest: From-bréost (Umber, reward from the Champions of the Falcon quest)
    Hands: Storvâgûn’s Spare Gloves (Default, Yule Festival Festivity Tokens barter reward)
    Feet: Storvâgûn’s Spare Boots (Default, Yule Festival Festivity Tokens barter reward)

THIRD PLACE: Mellime of Arkenstone - Account-wide Hauberk of the Mithril Guard

Shoulders: Grimbeorn's Shoulders (White, reward from the Beorning intro)
    Back: Feathered-cloak of the North-men (Sea blue, Skirmish Camp Cosmetics vendor)
    Chest: Ceremonial Hoary Aurochs Robe (Sea blue, Lossoth T5 Tailor reputation recipe)
    Hands: Wildermore Survivor's Light Gloves (White, People of the Wildermore reputation vendor)
    Feet: Silver-thread Slippers (Sea blue, Skirmish Camp Cosmetics vendor)

Many nice outfit players sent in
    Pontin Level 120 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Congratulation to all the winners, they did a fine job.

Greetings, Polymachos
    Treufried, human Level 120 Lore Master, formerly from Maiar (DE), now on Belegaer
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Alexophor, human Level 120 Hunter, formerly a Nimrod, now on Landroval
    Awkward Animal Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval) - Minas Tirith under attack!

Congratz to the winners, great choices all. I checked out the album with the other submissions, and I can see why it was so hard to decide
    My LotRO Fashion Blog, Facebook, and Twitter

The Blade Reforged - Evernight
    Website and Facebook

Nice contest and congrats to winners! Very festive assortment across all submissions, fun to look through.

Hoping the contest will be back next Yule!
    "Leaving the game plan is a sign of panic, and panic is not in our game plan." - Chuck Noll

Loved looking at all the photos, although there's something I'm curious about. Some of the screenshots have the player standing next to a huge decorated yule tree. How did they get them? I thought there was only a miniature yule tree.

Thumbs up

Congratulations to all participants & winners! There are many original outfit combos there that look awesome & wintry. Many new combinations that dared new colors without lost the Yule spirit & that i will be willing to try. Will you be listing what the other participants weared on the screenshoots? Will be a nice way to reward their dedicación while sharing with the fashion lovers.
    Last edited by YamydeAragon; Jan 16 2019 at 08:37 AM.

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

Quote Originally Posted by Herwegur View Post
    Nice contest and congrats to winners! Very festive assortment across all submissions, fun to look through.

Hoping the contest will be back next Yule!
    New Yule decorated tres, there are 2 sizes 1 small enouth to fit a low ceiling hobbit hole or dwarven house. The other is so high that reach the top of a elven kinhall main room or a premium house center room. Both can be used either indoor or outdoor.

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

Quote Originally Posted by EranodoreAlphemel View Post
    Loved looking at all the photos, although there's something I'm curious about. Some of the screenshots have the player standing next to a huge decorated yule tree. How did they get them? I thought there was only a miniature yule tree.
    Ah, yes. That larger tree was also a Yule Festival barter reward. The Eye-catching Outdoor Yule Tree was the name, I believe. It functioned as an indoor (special hook) and outdoor (large yard hook) decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    Congratulations to all participants & winners! There are many original outfit combos there that look awesome & wintry. Many new combinations that dared new colors without lost the Yule spirit & that i will be willing to try. Will you be listing what the other participants weared on the screenshoots? Will be a nice way to reward their dedicación while sharing with the fashion lovers.
    Traditionally, when a contest is held, only the winners' outfits have their pieces listed. It would take too much time and effort to list and break down the other 70-ish outfits. I think that's something best left to each of those contestants, should they wish to come forward with that information.