We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Game keeps crashing

I've returned from a long time playing LOTRO, & havea upgraded GPU - a Vega 56, trouble is teh game crashes a lot, at first it crashed whenever I changd the graphics to high or ultra in the launch window, actually causing Windows 10 to restart. I then tried launching the game with it's current settigns and changing once in, that works fine but I now get random crashes, after ten mins or so, it quits to desktop.

Any tips to diganose why? or settings to change?

Cheers

Try the settings shown here - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1240609003 - see if that makes the crashing go away. If it does then try changing things a bit at a time, like going to DX11, and see how far you can push it.

It's a common problem with the game, the crashing. It's just a question of finding a happy place with the settings as far as I can see.

Mine has been crashing alot since the update. I wonder if its related because the two days before that I wasn't having any issues. Yesterday it crashed like 20 times. I'm going to try to change some of these settings but I just wonder why it was fine before the update and not now.

Quote Originally Posted by Amorphousk View Post
    Mine has been crashing alot since the update. I wonder if its related because the two days before that I wasn't having any issues. Yesterday it crashed like 20 times. I'm going to try to change some of these settings but I just wonder why it was fine before the update and not now.
    I think there's a problem since the update. I've been crashing very frequently, basically every time I fast travel upon loading the destination. It has happened in Bree, Minas Tirith, Misty Mountains, and even leaving some instances. I know it happens a lot in Minas Tirith, but never at this rate, and I don't remember it happening when getting to Bree. It is certainly a new thing in the last few days, and I hope enough people report it.