We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Logging in from home and work act differently

I am currently logged in from work.

I have a black background on the forums and when I click forums it logs me in fine.

From home using the same link, I am sent to a white background where the login page points to something with mobile in the url. My account does not work from that. Even if I google Lotro Forums and make sure it starts with lotro.com I always end up on that page with white background and credentials not working when doing this from home.

I have no problems using Chrome on Windows 7 at work, but at home I use Chrome on Windows 10.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Edit: The game works fine logging in from home using the same credentials as well. I know I am on the legit page, so it isnt some phishing site. I use the same link I used to get here today and post.

Look down at the bottom right of the page here. There's a drop down that switches between the black background, UndergroundStyle-Fluid, and Default Mobile Style. Maybe at home you somehow have the 2nd one selected? To switch from the white, mobile style go to the bottom of the page and select Full Site.

I don't see how just a skin would cause my credentials to not work, but at least it won't be an ugly skin anymore lol. I'll check that out tonight, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cryles View Post
    I don't see how just a skin would cause my credentials to not work, but at least it won't be an ugly skin anymore lol. I'll check that out tonight, thanks!
    Yeah, the sign in bit is odd. I just swapped to mobile and tried to sign in and it didn't work for me.

At home, I had the forums change from dark to white from one day to the next. And could no longer log in. Turned out I had been messing with my browser and adding more privacy settings and an ad blocker. Once I switched to a 'stripped down' browser without adblockers and high privacy settings, the forums were back to normal. Maybe there's something similar happening in your case?