We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris91 View Post
    Does anyone understand the behaviour of the adds? Namely what causes the buff to tick up? Can it be removed or stopped from ticking up? We did fine while the adds where on the add tank but once the buff ticked up the adds start to run around randomly and either killed the boss tank or causing super buffed belly flops to kill our RKs and Hunters (EDIT: Obviously talking about T2)
    Adds buff Boss 1 if they are close to the boss, every individual NPC gives a separate buff to the boss if they are close. Adds also get a tactical damage and movement speed buff if the boss activates Feeding Frenzy buff.

The DPS should have 130k+ physical mitigation for the belly flops. Hunters should use the mitigation trait in yellow line for +8% mits. If you have that, then the boss can have some buffs from adds being close and the DPS will still survive belly flop.

Anvil t2

Greetings,
    I know that a lot of kinships did t2 before fix, some after. I just want to hear an feedback + discuss some stuff

1) Do we need capped tanks in this raid ?

When this Grey Mountains pack hits us - we got increase of all caps in the game.
    For tanks the reality was:
    - to place in all mit essences
    - maybe it will be some place for vitality and finesse
    - BPE became useless for a while

Yesterday we did t2 first boss. I wonder how the tank should normally live in this fight ?
    - If you stay with trash : only beorning can keep you up ( but the hits from mobs (even as they debuffed) reaches up to 80 k . + this "- 50%" tactical mit debuff.
    I didnt try yet to have 2 healers on guard who tank the adds, but i think it wont help
    - if you try to kite them: well i received less damage, but here comes the truth: to reach mitigations cap ( 250+k we sacrificed BPE)... so when you will accidentaly "show your back" during the kite - its almost oneshot.

what do guards need on this fight ? My thoughts are:
    - a lot of HP (vitality), like 210k hp unbuffed and 2 personal healers to survive
    - decrease the damage of adds. they should hit hard on t2, but now its like x4 big train+tank hit. ( debuffed mobs hits tank fro, 40-90k, without debuff its oneshot)

+ have question regaring the phases:
    - do you guys notice that 1st boss actions changing on each pull ?
    1) belly flop - summons adds on each 1.30 - random suff
    2) eye from the begin - summons adds on hp ( like first pack on 90 mil - another and 60) - then random belly flops
    3) in our success pull boss summoned just one pack of small drakes ( 3 big ones didnt come out at all)

Also can anyone please explain the mechanic: when adds on first boss randomly going to the Isvitha ( buffing her + trying to eat 2nd tank ) . But all the time being aggroed on guard. After they buffed Isvitha for 70% x7 times they are coming back to guard, but captain should use def cooldowns or better run to survive her..... is that normal ?

As a lot of kinships said to me: 1,3,4 boss cuts mitigations almost to 0. So HP and Resistance is the main stat for this update (for tanks) ?

2) Also we did fe attempts of 2nd boss:
    - Is that normal that bosses oneshot guard through captain bubble active ( during the start) ?????
    - you cant stay at one place with boss also : in one moment they buff themselves and starting to oneshot both tanks. ( captain takes main boss, guard take 4 mini-bosses) . Cappy got like 240k melee attack.
    I was oneshotted with x2 120k hits in a row.

tanks can survive when they start kiting thee bosses around the area. But here we are coming back to first question: with not enough Evade, shoing your back to bosses meean insta oneshot (especially when they are buffed for 70% damage....

After all that i said, i cant imagine t3 =) adds at boss 1 will probably oneshot tank right after they landed....

IS it make sense to reach mitigations cap ( when they will be cut almost whole raid)..... ?

or do SSG MUST US to have like 20 items for SWAP for each fight at any difficulty ? ( i know its normal to balance like 2-3 items to get more hp, mits etc). but here we are going to have full swap for HP, or full swap to MITS/BPE trying to survive the fight....
    + imagine ho long it will take to prepare just one toon for the raid ( t2 and upcoming t3).....

Ty for reading everything,
    Lets discuss and maybe make some attention for SSG after
    Best Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by Thordin_dwarf View Post
    1) Do we need capped tanks in this raid ?

When this Grey Mountains pack hits us - we got increase of all caps in the game.
    For tanks the reality was:
    - to place in all mit essences
    - maybe it will be some place for vitality and finesse
    - BPE became useless for a while

Yesterday we did t2 first boss. I wonder how the tank should normally live in this fight ?
    - If you stay with trash : only beorning can keep you up ( but the hits from mobs (even as they debuffed) reaches up to 80 k . + this "- 50%" tactical mit debuff.
    I didnt try yet to have 2 healers on guard who tank the adds, but i think it wont help
    - if you try to kite them: well i received less damage, but here comes the truth: to reach mitigations cap ( 250+k we sacrificed BPE)... so when you will accidentaly "show your back" during the kite - its almost oneshot.

what do guards need on this fight ? My thoughts are:
    - a lot of HP (vitality), like 210k hp unbuffed and 2 personal healers to survive
    - decrease the damage of adds. they should hit hard on t2, but now its like x4 big train+tank hit. ( debuffed mobs hits tank fro, 40-90k, without debuff its oneshot)
    The guardian that is tanking the adds needs tactical mitigation because of the drake whelpling auras and a beorning babysitting them or an RK healer. RK healer really trivializes this part. 210k morale is a bit on the low side, in my opinion.

+ have question regaring the phases:
    - do you guys notice that 1st boss actions changing on each pull ?
    1) belly flop - summons adds on each 1.30 - random suff
    2) eye from the begin - summons adds on hp ( like first pack on 90 mil - another and 60) - then random belly flops
    3) in our success pull boss summoned just one pack of small drakes ( 3 big ones didnt come out at all)

Also can anyone please explain the mechanic: when adds on first boss randomly going to the Isvitha ( buffing her + trying to eat 2nd tank ) . But all the time being aggroed on guard. After they buffed Isvitha for 70% x7 times they are coming back to guard, but captain should use def cooldowns or better run to survive her..... is that normal ?
    The boss randomly alternates between the belly flop, chasing a random player who has the eye, and the frost breath which is targetted at one player.
    The boss will call the adds to her side, this is just a normal mechanic, and the captain tank just has to survive and wait until the adds go back to the guardian.
    It is still possible to survive a 7x boosted boss's belly flop, if everyone has proper physical mits.

2) Also we did fe attempts of 2nd boss:
    - Is that normal that bosses oneshot guard through captain bubble active ( during the start) ?????
    - you cant stay at one place with boss also : in one moment they buff themselves and starting to oneshot both tanks. ( captain takes main boss, guard take 4 mini-bosses) . Cappy got like 240k melee attack.
    I was oneshotted with x2 120k hits in a row.

tanks can survive when they start kiting thee bosses around the area. But here we are coming back to first question: with not enough Evade, shoing your back to bosses meean insta oneshot (especially when they are buffed for 70% damage....
    On boss 2 tanks, especially cappy tank, need to raise tactical mitigations since the big hits are tactical. Ingor has a stacking debuff which will oneshot the tank if it reaches 10.
    You can pretty much AoE zerg the dwarves depending on which dwarves you get. One of the dwarves needs their induction interrupted or it's a wipe, another has a ground attack that kills anyone in the radius, another has a ground attack that kills anyone in the frontal line. Those are some of the other oneshot mechanics you need to look out for.

Quote Originally Posted by QueenArleth View Post
    Adds buff Boss 1 if they are close to the boss, every individual NPC gives a separate buff to the boss if they are close. Adds also get a tactical damage and movement speed buff if the boss activates Feeding Frenzy buff.

The DPS should have 130k+ physical mitigation for the belly flops. Hunters should use the mitigation trait in yellow line for +8% mits. If you have that, then the boss can have some buffs from adds being close and the DPS will still survive belly flop.
    We know that. Sry I should have been clearer, I'm not talking about the boss I'm talking about that damage/speed buff on the adds. As long as the adds stay on the add tank we do fine, when they go for the boss tank we died because of either buffed belly flops or the tank dying. But your next post cleared up some things for me, so thank you

@SSG

Can you please fix the bug where buffs on Drake-Whelplings won't disappear on reset ?
    The new tiering up speed buff on them i personally like because it should mitigate stupid tactics where tanks just continuously kite them but because it also applies on trash mobs we might end up on situations when group wipes to mobs with Drakes/Whelplings and if there are Whelplings who's tier have gotten up to T8-T10, on activation they just run to healer/dps or whoever with ridiculous speed (kinda funny) and one-shots them. Tanks even haven't got time to apply their taunt on them

What is triggering that feeding frenzy on the adds?
    Ismarond - 120 Champion
    Ismalil - 120 Burglar
    Ismaili - 120 Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by Ismarond View Post
    What is triggering that feeding frenzy on the adds?
    On Boss 1 its over time.
    On normal adds waves it's deaths

Bensey Guardian - Ito Burglar - Oti Captain - Cuura Loremaster - Rustiy Runekeeper
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Fingerz View Post
    We ran Anvil T2 Boss 1 today post update and it appears there are some changes to the fight ; we didn't notice an enrage timer in play any more, also the adds are now getting a tiering run speed and damage buff.
    Can anyone confirm this? Is there really no longer an enrage timer?
    44 Bulldog

Quote Originally Posted by Smapper View Post
    Can anyone confirm this? Is there really no longer an enrage timer?
    nah it's still there m8y
    lil 'obbit of Evernight...

Chaos Unbound, Paradox, Silent Paths, Ascension, Bonehunters, Legion of the Valar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2