We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Gertes View Post
    Try to cap crit, 225k.
    You don't need to hard cap mastery (about 304k), if you are doing mostly group/raid content, because additional buffs will help you here. So aim for about 275k.
    Then you have three options, for further improvements.
    1: stack crit rating to improve you devastate hit chance and crit/devast damage
    2: improve your defensive stats like moral or mitigations
    3: get your hands on older sets/gear to go for more glass cannon approach

Generally, it depends on what kind of content you are doing.
    When you say mastery, you probably mean phys mastery. What is a good stat for tactical mastery when it comes to champ?

Champ is a physical damage dealing class, so the only thing tactical mastery does in this case, is increase Outgoing Healing. You can safely ignore this stat.

Try to cap crit, 225k.
    You don't need to hard cap mastery (about 304k), if you are doing mostly group/raid content, because additional buffs will help you here. So aim for about 275k.
    Then you have three options, for further improvements.
    1: stack crit rating to improve you devastate hit chance and crit/devast damage
    2: improve your defensive stats like moral or mitigations
    3: get your hands on older sets/gear to go for more glass cannon approach

Generally, it depends on what kind of content you are doing.
    So, what might the difference be between someone who mostly does landscape/solo content, with only the occasional jump into T1 group content, and someone who is interested in T2 raid situations?

Quote Originally Posted by Warmcat View Post
    So, what might the difference be between someone who mostly does landscape/solo content, with only the occasional jump into T1 group content, and someone who is interested in T2 raid situations?
    For someone who does mostly solo content, the damage doesn't really matter and you already have enough, so i would suggest getting more mitigations and moral instead of additional damage.
    For t2/t3 raid, however, damage does matter so I would go for a more glass cannon approach, situational you can equip more mitigations or moral, but usually, you can do the whole t2/t3 anvil raid without any defensive essence slotted.
    If you want to contact me, pls don't write me a Private Message on the Forum, the chance that I read them is low.
    The best way is via Discord:
    Gertes#5389

For someone who does mostly solo content, the damage doesn't really matter and you already have enough, so i would suggest getting more mitigations and moral instead of additional damage.
    For t2/t3 raid, however, damage does matter so I would go for a more glass cannon approach, situational you can equip more mitigations or moral, but usually, you can do the whole t2/t3 anvil raid without any defensive essence slotted.
    what about morale for t2/t3? I used to raid alot before (from the start till isengard), now I am back after some time and trying to get in shape to get in a propper raid or two...

what about crit rating? unbuffed that is. 80k finesse should be fine I guess, no special attention to mits. what about resistance?

I am sitting at 115k morale, aiming for 130k. I have 250k-ish mastery, I guess thats enough. And I am at 100k crit, which is way too low and somethign to work at, right?

btw, I am talking here about bare minimal to be useful
    Galadhad R10 Champion - Laurelin

I'll preface this by saying you can't hit all pertinent stat caps until you have raid gear, IIRC. That being said, as a damage class, here are the numbers I shoot for.

Phys Mast: 270k-275k - Cap is around 303k but this will get you close enough that group buffs/scrolls will get you at or near cap.

Crit Rating: 225k+ - Cap is 225k but overcapping is good, despite diminishing returns.

Finesse: 80k+ - You can take this higher, as you're able to, but don't do that at the expense of PhysMast or Crit.

Phys Mit: 100k+ - Honestly I just run with whatever I have from armor/Virtues etc.

Tac Mit: 80k+ - Get this with swap pieces till you have enough raid gear to hit it in your regular build. I swap out Crit for Tac Mit when needed.

I know Mits are well below cap, but going much higher will affect your DPS A LOT, and this has been effective for me. At any rate, if everyone is doing their job, you'll be fine. If not....well in that case higher Mits wouldn't help anyway.

Once you start getting T2 armor, I'd go Crit Bonus with first two pieces, then Attack Duration, then Mits if needed. That, combined with jewels will allow you to get Mits a lot higher without decreasing your DPS.

ETA: I never chase Morale on my DPS classes, so I don't really have a number for you. My Champ was like 112k the first time I ran him through T2 Anvil, IIRC.
    Last edited by Caanjaal; Jul 09 2019 at 11:11 AM.
    CAANJAAL - MWGA - Make Wardens Great Again!!!
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, you've already lost!"
    Ramble On of Elendilmir

Quote Originally Posted by Caanjaal View Post
    I'll preface this by saying you can't hit all pertinent stat caps until you have raid gear, IIRC. That being said, as a damage class, here are the numbers I shoot for.

Phys Mast: 270k-275k - Cap is around 303k but this will get you close enough that group buffs/scrolls will get you at or near cap.

Crit Rating: 225k+ - Cap is 225k but overcapping is good, despite diminishing returns.

Finesse: 80k+ - You can take this higher, as you're able to, but don't do that at the expense of PhysMast or Crit.

Phys Mit: 100k+ - Honestly I just run with whatever I have from armor/Virtues etc.

Tac Mit: 80k+ - Get this with swap pieces till you have enough raid gear to hit it in your regular build. I swap out Crit for Tac Mit when needed.

I know Mits are well below cap, but going much higher will affect your DPS A LOT, and this has been effective for me. At any rate, if everyone is doing their job, you'll be fine. If not....well in that case higher Mits wouldn't help anyway.

Once you start getting T2 armor, I'd go Crit Bonus with first two pieces, then Attack Duration, then Mits if needed. That, combined with jewels will allow you to get Mits a lot higher without decreasing your DPS.

ETA: I never chase Morale on my DPS classes, so I don't really have a number for you. My Champ was like 112k the first time I ran him through T2 Anvil, IIRC.
    Those numbers are really useful thanks. Sitting at 230 P mastery, I thought I was doing really well, but now I wonder how the heck you get to 225k crit??? That just seems insane to me, how many crit rating essences do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by ConanHC View Post
    Those numbers are really useful thanks. Sitting at 230 P mastery, I thought I was doing really well, but now I wonder how the heck you get to 225k crit??? That just seems insane to me, how many crit rating essences do you use?
    It really depends on where you are at build-wise and what armor/jewels you are using. If you are using quest rewards from Ered Mitrin/Vales, your numbers will be way off because those are almost all defensive stat pieces. If you are to the point where you are doing the dailies in those zones and able to get armor/jewels from Embers vender, get Finesse/Crit offensive pieces, then use essences to build Mastery/Crit.

To give you an example, my Champ currently has only one piece of Anvil raid armor and five pieces of embers armor and cloak, plus all T2 jewels and T2 crafted offhand. His current unbuffed numbers are 272k Phys Mast, 175k Crit, 110k Finesse, 140k Phys Mit, and 35k Tac Mit. He also has the new LI Relics from Vales area and main Virtues are close to capped. And when I run something T2, my Crit drops about 25k-30k from Tac Mit swappies. All those things have a role when trying to hit those target numbers I mentioned before. And even with that, as you can see, my numbers aren't all great. Once I get the rest of his raid armor though, he'll be really close. But he's my number 3, so I've been a little lax in finishing him up. My co-mains are a Hunter and Warden that are both built to the nines. Both are over 280k Phys Mast, 250k Crit, 80k Finesse, 160k Phys Mit, 100k+ Tac Mit. So it is possible to get into that position, but your initial forays into T2 you will still be making sacrifices to things like Crit in order to get other stats to a serviceable level.
    CAANJAAL - MWGA - Make Wardens Great Again!!!
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, you've already lost!"
    Ramble On of Elendilmir

Quote Originally Posted by Harkenheim View Post
    Crit is 21.6%
    Mastery is 212k
    Finesse 60k
    Phys mit 136k
    tact mit 48k

What phys mit i need for instances and what tact mit i need for instance (ie caverns it tact mit needed??)
    I'm going to have to rethink things then. I did go with the pieces offered in the Vale quests that did tend to go defensive only because I thought the devs were trying to tell us something. I also tried to keep up with other champs out there who all seem to have 120Kish morale and stuck a few vitality essences. So I've done a enough of the Vale dailies to get a couple of pieces and have started to replace the vit essences with those 3.

Phys Mast - 209k
    Crit - 68k (it's not a typo)
    Fin - 95k
    Morale - 124k

I have 3 essence spots open right now before I replace the vitality ones so I guess I need to go crit for awhile until it gets high enough OR I need to take a look at future gear I haven't gotten via embers to make sure I get a little more phy mast while keeping track of crit. Even so, will it make that much of a difference? 17% vs 25% doesn't seem life-changing.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAlarinn View Post
    I'm going to have to rethink things then. I did go with the pieces offered in the Vale quests that did tend to go defensive only because I thought the devs were trying to tell us something. I also tried to keep up with other champs out there who all seem to have 120Kish morale and stuck a few vitality essences. So I've done a enough of the Vale dailies to get a couple of pieces and have started to replace the vit essences with those 3.

Phys Mast - 209k
    Crit - 68k (it's not a typo)
    Fin - 95k
    Morale - 124k

I have 3 essence spots open right now before I replace the vitality ones so I guess I need to go crit for awhile until it gets high enough OR I need to take a look at future gear I haven't gotten via embers to make sure I get a little more phy mast while keeping track of crit. Even so, will it make that much of a difference? 17% vs 25% doesn't seem life-changing.
    Your 17% crit with 68k are 12% without the 5% trait, so its not 17vs25 %, it's 17% vs 30%.
    Champs live from crit, you will deal no damage with such a low crit value.
    If you want to contact me, pls don't write me a Private Message on the Forum, the chance that I read them is low.
    The best way is via Discord:
    Gertes#5389

What is the trait that gives 5% ?

What is the trait that gives 5% ?
    "Critical Chance Increase" trait, red tree, top row. 5 ranks, +1% crit chance per rank. Increases the crit chance of all melee skills.

The red tree has several other bonuses which stack temporary buffs to crit chance and crit damage, specifically for the "Strike" skills.

Vicious Strikes trait stacks a crit chance buff for the red tree Strikes skills, 5 ranks, +2% crit chance per rank.
    Deadly Strikes trait stacks a crit damage buff for the red tree Strikes skills, 5 ranks. +5% crit damage per rank.

The red tree bonus set also has a combined crit chance and crit damage buff (Emboldened Blades) for the Remorseless Strikes skill. This is a stacking buff, you must build up the buff while in combat by using other "Strike" skills. The buff has 4 ranks, +5% crit chance and +10% crit damage per rank.

You get +5% crit chance for all melee skills from the red Crit Chance Increase trait, and +10% crit chance and +25% crit damage for all Strike skills if both the Vicious Strikes and Deadly Strikes red traits are at max rank.

If you can get the red Emboldened Blades stacking buff to max rank, then Remorseless Strikes gets an extra +20% crit chance and +40% crit damage on top of the crit bonuses already mentioned.
    Therina - Hobbit Guard Rongo - Hobbit Warden
    Frood - Man Minstrel Garmun - Man Captain
    Zorosi - Dwarf Champ Froodaroon - Elf Hunter
    Southern Defenders - Arkenstone (formerly Elendilmir)

Nice! now I understand how Champs get crit so high. I run yellow all the time and I'm not one of those raiders who can switch from yellow to red at will. I don't have any idea how to do it quickly anyways and I only have Legacies for the yellow tree.

Ah well, I'll stick with my yellow tree with low crit, knowing that I can't hit those crit levels mentioned above. But certainly, I will get the +5% red trait, I think that'll help for sure and will only cost 10 points.

Nice! now I understand how Champs get crit so high. I run yellow all the time and I'm not one of those raiders who can switch from yellow to red at will. I don't have any idea how to do it quickly anyways and I only have Legacies for the yellow tree.

Ah well, I'll stick with my yellow tree with low crit, knowing that I can't hit those crit levels mentioned above. But certainly, I will get the +5% red trait, I think that'll help for sure and will only cost 10 points.
    You always want to have mixed traits, either red/yellow or yellow/red anyway. Things like fully traited ballle frenzy from yellow while being traited red and crit/attack duration/strike bleed/controlled burn etc. traits while being traited yellow are a must have pretty much. Never focus only on one tree as many traits are not good.
    Captain-General Narthrivor r15 Hunter - r12 Warden - r12 Champion - r7 Captain - r6 Guardian - Phoenix Legion and Innocent raid alliance - Laurelin EN-RP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2