We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 167
  1. #26
    Longtime player’s first impression of moors problems at a glance would be that is stems from severe power creep across updates coupled with no rebalancing for moors. A simple blanket solution would probably be to reduce outgoing dps AND heals by 50% or more for all characters inside as a debuff. This would reduce the one-shot capabilities, and the insane healing. Allowing a few moments to respond/react keeps fights interesting opposed to one side getting wiped in 20 seconds.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    312
    pvp sucks because the game sucks. you dont blame the user if the program is buggy or not WAI, you blame the program or whoever made the program

    basic common sense

    there are other factors of course but the main fault goes to the developers who made it so that you need T2/T3 raid gear to get an amazing pvp build by putting the fundamental stat caps of the game out of the average player's reach
    pvp should be accessible to everyone to a certain degree, not everyone is a hardcore player and not everyone has the time/skill required to grind out T3 instances
    Last edited by xxSniperxx; Jan 23 2019 at 08:00 AM.

  3. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by xxSniperxx View Post
    pvp sucks because the game sucks. you dont blame the user if the program is buggy or not WAI, you blame the program or whoever made the program

    basic common sense

    there are other factors of course but the main fault goes to the developers who made it so that you need T2/T3 raid gear to get an amazing pvp build by putting the fundamental stat caps of the game out of the average player's reach
    pvp should be accessible to everyone to a certain degree, not everyone is a hardcore player and not everyone has the time/skill required to grind out T3 instances
    This is inaccurate, the pre-raid gear gives livable stats, and level scaling can get you up to 95% of the stats that a geared lvl 120 can be at... 6v6 have already proven to be balanced with long, close fights. Creep-Freep balance is very close to 1:1 in the 6 to 12 man range, things are very well balanced....


    Unless you are imagining "balance" as being U21 and U22 freep godmoding where everyone could 1-shot.


    besides, giving freeps better gear won't stop them from hugging GV or Lug BD, and won't stop loads of freeps from logging on to creeps to farm those sweet commendations for their empowerment scrolls.
    The Black Appendage of Sauron

  4. #29
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Klungo View Post
    I don't agree with your opinion that the gear of T2 should be enough. And Oneshotting on both sides is not the way to get good fights and action.
    And why we get forced to get the new equip of new raids for playing PVMP?
    A nice way to balance could be a special gear only for etten, if you want to play you have to put off your current pve gear and then you will be able to port into the etten.
    The t2 gear has always been the way, 75,85,95 big battles jewels, 105 Todt. If you refused to do this you suffered a disadvantage, of jewels, first ager in old times or even just some armour pieces ,like hunter faron set.
    Oneshoting has swapped side to side every update for ages. PVP gear has been binned or burnt by ssg it would appear, no new sets WORTH OF NOTE since level 100. The 115 gear was worse than raid, even quest gear.

  5. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by pinlu View Post
    The t2 gear has always been the way, 75,85,95 big battles jewels, 105 Todt. If you refused to do this you suffered a disadvantage, of jewels, first ager in old times or even just some armour pieces ,like hunter faron set.
    Oneshoting has swapped side to side every update for ages. PVP gear has been binned or burnt by ssg it would appear, no new sets WORTH OF NOTE since level 100. The 115 gear was worse than raid, even quest gear.
    That should be a first step, to implement a new PVP Gear with stats like the T2 anvil gear or give audacity buff for each rank, but SSG has to change something, I hope Cordovan can push the development for pvp.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    312
    Quote Originally Posted by Saruman_Of_Numbers View Post
    This is inaccurate, the pre-raid gear gives livable stats, and level scaling can get you up to 95% of the stats that a geared lvl 120 can be at...
    level scaling does not give 95% of the stats as a geared lvl 120, case in point level scaled healing rk Grandothan dies in 4 seconds to 1 creep

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    217
    Quote Originally Posted by SavileRow View Post
    Magnumum.....nice to hear from a literate Freep for a change.....
    J'espère que tu rigoles ??

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    217
    The only class that fights on GV, is the beo ....

  9. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by xxSniperxx View Post
    level scaling does not give 95% of the stats as a geared lvl 120, case in point level scaled healing rk Grandothan dies in 4 seconds to 1 creep
    I love/hate that PvP population has shrunk so much, and become so incestous, that I get alt references like this one.
    Arkenstone (formerly Landroval):
    Lizaveta, r13 Minstrel.

    Eviliz Unseen, r11 Warg. Lizifer, r11 Defiler.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bayern
    Posts
    36

    Exclamation Equipment

    My point of view as a freep (Gwaihir):

    Plenty of creeps around most of the time but only few freeps. Action would be good if there were more geared freeps out.

    Moors are pretty balanced at the moment if you have proper gear like pelennor or anvil set. Pelennor gear is obtainable for everyone since you only have to do T1 but I have to admit it is a horrific grind. But as long as there is no moors armour set, non-raiders have to choose between farming pelennor instances or getting obliterated as soon as they leave GV stairs.

    I think the effort to be reasonably geared for PvMP is too high at the moment which leads to a serious decline in freep population and therefore little action.

  11. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Soragrim View Post
    My point of view as a freep (Gwaihir):

    Plenty of creeps around most of the time but only few freeps. Action would be good if there were more geared freeps out.

    Moors are pretty balanced at the moment if you have proper gear like pelennor or anvil set. Pelennor gear is obtainable for everyone since you only have to do T1 but I have to admit it is a horrific grind. But as long as there is no moors armour set, non-raiders have to choose between farming pelennor instances or getting obliterated as soon as they leave GV stairs.

    I think the effort to be reasonably geared for PvMP is too high at the moment which leads to a serious decline in freep population and therefore little action.
    The gear grind is awful, really awful! But once you get into the level 370+ gear, the balance is pretty good. Full Anvil gear will make freeps who have it very OP. I'll agree with you completely, though, in that the amount of effort to get "reasonable" gear is too high. Taking so much time and effort to gear for the Moors has noticeably reduced freep number in the Moors. A fair amount of ppl are geared on Arkenstone now, and I'd say we have about half the number of freeps showing up now when compared to pre-update numbers. Most of those freeps who don't grind instances are long gone.
    Casinoari - Rank 15 RK
    Malakorou - Rank 10 Defiler
    Casinari - Original Challenger of Saruman Minstrel

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    246
    I'll agree the state of things does seem a bit dismal. Small group play has almost all but come to a halt as it takes 3 freeps quite some time to kill a decent defiler plus a tree. The BAs/wargs just burst the far squishier mini/rk down in seconds. Bears do a little better... unless they have 6 BA traps on them. I'm sure small group action will return at some point. There's more than one way to skin a cat, so to speak. We freeps just have to find it. Group play aside, I am having a blast in U23. As the creeps are considered 'op' now, I feel I can really let loose and enjoy some of the more challenging fights. I do wish there were more burgs around though. Most of them have all but vanished. I feel like great things could be accomplished with just a few more helping hands.

    Enjoy the hunt... I know I will

    Rastlyn: Burglar, Naltsar: Guardian, Reistlin: Hunter, Reistlan: Runekeeper

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    948
    Quote Originally Posted by jljohnson4 View Post
    it takes 3 freeps quite some time to kill a decent defiler
    Apart from this update 3 creeps would rarely if ever kill any half decent healing mini/bear/rk. The has pendulum swung from 1 side right to the other this update. The only benefit is that ranked creeps can't get 1shotted.
    A main problem of freepside is the lack of players willing to group up but the ones that do tend to do well. Example - ezele champ or w/e names 6mans do incredibly well against the creeps and outshines any other froup/fraids but eventually looses to the overwhelming numbers and call outs
    Last edited by Hayden102; Feb 05 2019 at 07:13 PM.

    Korthillion-1 R10 RK ,Kortahl R7 CPT, Kornslimedonyoface R11 Defiler, Kornbootysplitter R9 WL,Korndoggystyle R8 WRG +other low rank Korns

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden102 View Post
    Apart from this update 3 creeps would rarely if ever kill any half decent healing mini/bear/rk. The has pendulum swung from 1 side right to the other this update. The only benefit is that ranked creeps can't get 1shotted.
    A main problem of freepside is the lack of players willing to group up but the ones that do tend to do well. Example - ezele champ or w/e names 6mans do incredibly well against the creeps and outshines any other froup/fraids but eventually looses to the overwhelming numbers and call outs
    You're right, the pendulum has swung. From swinging so far in the freeps favour it almost swung all the way around, to hanging down prone in the middle. Freeps stick to the steps. That's the real problem. SSG can't fix scared.

  15. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by DrRabbitfoot View Post
    You're right, the pendulum has swung. From swinging so far in the freeps favour it almost swung all the way around, to hanging down prone in the middle. Freeps stick to the steps. That's the real problem. SSG can't fix scared.
    As Immanitas said earlier, the problem is the quality of the PvP has driven away the competitive players, and left behind the followers who aren't interested in taking iniative, initiative or competitive play, just free points. That goes for both sides. Even if the game was perfectly balanced, PvP would still be bad unless they brought bad the old, competitive population.
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Arkenstone~

    ~Rank 13 Warg, Arkenstone~

  16. #41
    LOTRO was never a serious pvp game, all the so called elitist lotro pvp players that hopped servers chasing each others tails for a decade, gimping each other in set up slap fights,

    constantly wishing for something lotro never was or will be, need to lighten up.being an elite lotro pvp player is like bragging your great at whiffleball. heck technically its NOT even pvp, its pvmp.

    small group action, roaming fights, non GV/Grams shuffles, drawn out fights, happen all the time on servers not called Ark.

    you wish for 1v1 balance and fights in a game that at its core design cant give you that.it never could.

    go out, make some friends, start a group, help weaker players, or move on. face it, NO server is going to support the kind of pvp you want. if your ego wont allow you to group up on either side and take a few loss's this isnt the game for you.

    lotro's not built that way.never was. and truthfully never will be.

    troll me all you want, i actually have fun playing a game by giving 0 f's.
    Last edited by subadar; Feb 06 2019 at 07:54 PM.
    .

    Mortem Tyrannis

  17. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post
    As Immanitas said earlier, the problem is the quality of the PvP has driven away the competitive players, and left behind the followers who aren't interested in taking iniative, initiative or competitive play, just free points. That goes for both sides. Even if the game was perfectly balanced, PvP would still be bad unless they brought bad the old, competitive population.
    I would actually add that balance is actually in a decent spot but as we mentioned the PvPer's who don't just chase points are primarily gone. But from a development standpoint if you wanted to start to encourage less shuffling (Which most people agree is one of the definingly awful factors of PvP right now) a simple fix would be to remove backdoors or make them usable out of combat only. It wouldn't fix everything but good lord would it go a long way to helping. And it's literally the simplest request to be made. Not asking for huge dev resources just... backdoors. Lol

    (Retired... Maybe un-retired?) Arkenstone: Immanitas R12 Burg, Gorbat R12 Reaver, Sueahpro R11 Mini, Falsified R9 RK, -The Blood Hand
    Crickhollow: Orphluk R9 Warg, Orphelun-1 R8 RK. -The Blood Hand.

  18. #43
    taking the keep solves the backdoor shuffle.

    splitting your group inside outside solves the backdoor shuffle

    moving the fight solves the back door shuffle.

    try grouping and basic tactics before you cry to the devs for help

    please go on
    Last edited by subadar; Feb 07 2019 at 12:59 AM.
    .

    Mortem Tyrannis

  19. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by subadar View Post
    taking the keep solves the backdoor shuffle.

    splitting your group inside outside solves the backdoor shuffle

    moving the fight solves the back door shuffle.

    try grouping and basic tactics before you cry to the devs for help

    please go on
    I see reading comprehension is not your strong suit. No one is disagreeing with that. But the current population will not bother taking the keep because they are primarily made of mouth breathing shufflers who don't want the keep taken because that means less shuffling. Removing the back door would be a simple dev decision that would go a long way toward fixing something that is a deeply ingrained culture issue in the majority of the population.

    (Retired... Maybe un-retired?) Arkenstone: Immanitas R12 Burg, Gorbat R12 Reaver, Sueahpro R11 Mini, Falsified R9 RK, -The Blood Hand
    Crickhollow: Orphluk R9 Warg, Orphelun-1 R8 RK. -The Blood Hand.

  20. #45
    Sounds like an Ark thing.
    .

    Mortem Tyrannis

  21. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by subadar View Post
    taking the keep solves the backdoor shuffle.

    splitting your group inside outside solves the backdoor shuffle

    moving the fight solves the back door shuffle.

    try grouping and basic tactics before you cry to the devs for help

    please go on
    I do agree with Pugz/Subadar that the above menu is a really effective way of nixing the backdoor shuffle. It also allows the defenders to mass forces against a split attacker, which can be very beneficial if the attacker has a numbers advantage. I often employ all of the above and it does make for some very interesting fights... some lost, many won.

    That said, I (like most) don’t like the back door in combat and would prefer to see it if not gone, simply made one way. The Postern Gate was meant as a Keep escape hatch - so, going down, but not up, would be historically more accurate and likely add to the game. But, it is not really a priority if dev resources are scarce or nonexistent.

    The larger problem is the 24/7 GV camp that leads to some very tedious play. I don’t mind pushing GV on occasion, but it does require an 8 BA/Spider, 4 defiler composition that discourages the Freeps further. We help solve this problem on Landy by keeping Reevers and Wargs in the Creep CRAID composition and avoid camping GV. When Freeps are out, they will have little choice but to push out and use the map or they can camp GV and watch the weeds grow.

    As others have said in the thread, if PvMP is not rewarding, we have nobody to blame but ourselves... the balance is indeed much better than it has been in years.
    Aakvanark/Corwelleon

  22. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Corwelleon View Post
    As others have said in the thread, if PvMP is not rewarding, we have nobody to blame but ourselves... the balance is indeed much better than it has been in years.
    I believe this to be the case.
    Casinoari - Rank 15 RK
    Malakorou - Rank 10 Defiler
    Casinari - Original Challenger of Saruman Minstrel

  23. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Nouri View Post
    I believe this to be the case.
    Now that Minis have been buffed, I agree.
    Arkenstone (formerly Landroval):
    Lizaveta, r13 Minstrel.

    Eviliz Unseen, r11 Warg. Lizifer, r11 Defiler.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    524
    10 years later and nothing has changed...

    http://archive.lotrocommunity.eu/en-...-em-sucks.html
    Chains of insanity - Doom of GY Reborn - FOTM - WotGE - Fancy Lads
    Retired from LOTRO


  25. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    676
    Quote Originally Posted by jljohnson4 View Post
    I'll agree the state of things does seem a bit dismal. Small group play has almost all but come to a halt as it takes 3 freeps quite some time to kill a decent defiler plus a tree.
    lol... how many freeps do you think it should take to kill a creep healer vs how many to creeps it takes to kill a freep healer?
    "You can't have your Kate and Eat her too!"

    Katelia Rk 11 Lm, Peppermintt Rk 12 Warg, Katetastrophe Rk 12 WL, Kateaclysm Rk 14 defiler

 

 
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload