We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Happy New Year Please save me

Good day all. Happy New Year. After being gone for a year or more. I read so many, well good info comments on subjects. Now keep in mind, 14 months ago SSG did not address my issues, give me back half my store items that I bought, nor did they even address the issues. I love this game. I was sleeping on the life time back in the day so year three I started sub. Now I can attest to over 5k spent in store, sub, and friends. all records in hand. Yet I am perplexed over the nefarious actions with F2P these days. Why should I play the game again? I deleted the game and files. According to some I read LOTRO has one more year and that is about it. I get the issues, what people say in anger, or even the emotion you get when you jump off a cliff, and a warg eats you. I simply just want someone to tell me, what I should do? Some will say, well if u like the game play it, some will say don't do it, some will say, its not worth it; then you all say its up to you. I think a company that had great people working for it, and cared, got shafted by nefarious money grubers, then let the game go by the wayside. Not everyone like the fancy high color games like WOW. May I'm still recuperating from to much ale.

Quote Originally Posted by BLOODYWINE View Post
    Good day all. Happy New Year. After being gone for a year or more. I read so many, well good info comments on subjects. Now keep in mind, 14 months ago SSG did not address my issues, give me back half my store items that I bought, nor did they even address the issues. I love this game. I was sleeping on the life time back in the day so year three I started sub. Now I can attest to over 5k spent in store, sub, and friends. all records in hand. Yet I am perplexed over the nefarious actions with F2P these days. Why should I play the game again? I deleted the game and files. According to some I read LOTRO has one more year and that is about it. I get the issues, what people say in anger, or even the emotion you get when you jump off a cliff, and a warg eats you. I simply just want someone to tell me, what I should do? Some will say, well if u like the game play it, some will say don't do it, some will say, its not worth it; then you all say its up to you. I think a company that had great people working for it, and cared, got shafted by nefarious money grubers, then let the game go by the wayside. Not everyone like the fancy high color games like WOW. May I'm still recuperating from to much ale.
    Drink some Gatorade and lots of water, because that too much ale dehydrated your tissues. Catch up on your sleep.

As to "LotRO has one more year", baloney. They've been saying that since SoA launch, eleven years ago.

And really, it is up to you. You have to decide what you want in a game (everyone will have a different answer to that question), and then decide whether a game is giving it to you. This is true of many other things beside games.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

What nefarious actions happened with F2P?
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

In my opinion, this is what you should do:

Download the game. Then create a new character and play for a while. How long is up to you. An evening, a month, whatever. Then make the decision for yourself of whether you are enjoying yourself sincerely or you are merely being reminded of why you left and feeling like you *should* play because of how much money you spent over the years.

It's not really something that somebody else can tell you. Nobody knows you better than you do. You're going to have to figure it out for yourself. But what I've suggested, may help you make that decision.

Unless you're just trolling to get people to argue over whether they love the game or hate it. I can't tell anymore with these forums.

According to some I read LOTRO has one more year and that is about it.
    people have been saying this every year for the last 10 years

If Mordor didn't kill LotRO, I doubt anything will in the upcoming 5 years.
    The road goes ever on.