We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Shoes & Hobbits

Shoes & Hobbits

Why can some hobbits wear shoes/boots but not all? I can put boots on my mini but the warden refuses to wear them. Are there specific shoes/boots that they will wear?
    I dance for cookies!

You've not accidentally turned their visibility off on your Warden have you? (And forgotten due to too much ale in the Bird and Baby, perhaps?)

Quote Originally Posted by DuncanMcDermott View Post
    Why can some hobbits wear shoes/boots but not all? I can put boots on my mini but the warden refuses to wear them. Are there specific shoes/boots that they will wear?
    Unless you hit the option to hide your shoes in character panel, otherwise Depends on the outfit you are wearing, some outfits for hobbits and won't show shoes, for example Common Shirt and Trousers (screenshot below) has man wearing shoes that cannot be changed the shoes you are wearing are the shoes you get, its part of the cosmetic, same with all races, Except hobbits they are barefoot.

Pontin Level 120 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

I did just check now to see if that Shire ale was having an effect on my eye sight. The feet was set to show. I am wearing the Sunflower dress from the last Festival at the party tree and fine Grey company boots. I have tried padded leather boots also and yet another pair of lower level shoes cosmetically. All I get to see are those long ugly hairy toes.

I'll try a completely different look and see if that helps. If not more Shire ale will do the trick I am sure.

The funny part of this is she can wear Mathom Hunters Boots.

It is the long sleeved Sunflower dress that is not showing the shoes. I changed that out and the boots I had on now show.
    Last edited by DuncanMcDermott; Jan 10 2019 at 06:29 PM.
    I dance for cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by DuncanMcDermott View Post
    It is the long sleeved Sunflower dress that is not showing the shoes. I changed that out and the boots I had on now show.
    There's your issue right there, almost all dresses for Hobbits don't allow shoes.
    Pontin Level 120 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

I didn't realize that until tonight when I started trying on different outfits. It must be something to do with the length of the dress that interferes with the shoes.
    I dance for cookies!

I always hide the shoes on hobbits anyway. I know hobbits do sometimes wear shoes in the lore, but no outfit seems to look right to me on a hobbit unless they have bare feet.

Gotta let those long hairy toes breathe...
    “...and he lived happily ever after, to the end of his days”