We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hunter Red Builds pls

I'm returning to game and "they" say its all about red line now. Has anyone got a trait tree to recommend for raiding?

Strangely enough there is very little out there on what people are doing this time around.

Thanks!

Hafwen of Arkenstone

My Red Line:
    You can forget Rain of Arrows (4 points) and add Exsanguinate 3/3 and Shot Through The Heart 1/1

Thanks. I did go without RoA. The reset change had me bummed out anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxHunter View Post
    My Red Line:
    You can forget Rain of Arrows (4 points) and add Exsanguinate 3/3 and Shot Through The Heart 1/1

Do you use this just for group content, or for solo as well?

I thought shot through the heart was a wasted skill point since it consumes the rest of a DoT, is that not true?
    Erendil 50 Hunter Rank 7, Mavellen 45 Warden; Officers of Disciples
    Ragaroth Warleader Rank 7, Marhawk Stalker Rank 5; Members of Cuddle Squad
    Other Characters: Arthilius - Captain, Arthilias - Guardian,
    Claireth - Runekeeper, Harbuckle - Burglar, Lothlirien - Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by MaxHunter View Post
    My Red Line:

For me, when it comes to raiding, I don't put points in Press Onward. In a raid you heal yourself with Cappy's mark and Blood Arrow anyways plus the bit of group heals from the healers. Not necessary to use PO in my opinion.

Shot Through The Heart is broken since... well, quite some time. It only works for Merciful Shot but not for Heartseeker. I doubt that got fixed silently in the last patch.

Strength Stance is weaker than Precision, so no need to skill that trait in red line.

Working with bleeds (pushes your DPS a bit if you can manage to keep them up): Exsanguinate as said above and 5/5 in Natural Extracts from yellow.

As mentioned, just my 2 cents. I think there may be different builds that can work, too

SO what would you recommend for legendary server hunters?
    first time doing a hunter to "max" level.

In a kin, run Rift weekly, learning T2 ...

Think I have 29/30 points to spend.

Quote Originally Posted by kegene View Post
    SO what would you recommend for legendary server hunters?
    first time doing a hunter to "max" level.

In a kin, run Rift weekly, learning T2 ...

Think I have 29/30 points to spend.
    I think the maximum points you can have at lvl 50 Legendary servers is 34 (22 from being lvl 50 + 8 from class deeds + 3 from lvl 39 book pages + 1 from lvl 45 class quest). So you're gonna have some pretty primitive builds lol.

34 points is just 1 point shy of the redline tier 7 passive trait that reduces cooldown of Upshot and Heartseeker on crits/devs, which is really unfortunate but will be available once Moria comes. This is how I would set up my tree until then, but I haven't played on LS so I don't know what is viable.

\\

Moria will add 3 more trait points, I would put those 3 in Quick Draw.

Quote Originally Posted by QueenArleth View Post
    I think the maximum points you can have at lvl 50 Legendary servers is 34 (22 from being lvl 50 + 8 from class deeds + 3 from lvl 39 book pages + 1 from lvl 45 class quest). So you're gonna have some pretty primitive builds lol.

34 points is just 1 point shy of the redline tier 7 passive trait that reduces cooldown of Upshot and Heartseeker on crits/devs, which is really unfortunate but will be available once Moria comes. This is how I would set up my tree until then, but I haven't played on LS so I don't know what is viable.\\

Moria will add 3 more trait points, I would put those 3 in Quick Draw.
    Thank you.
    I've played Warden/Minstrel/Champ to high levels, but never a hunter past 20, so learning lots.

This helps me get started so I can feel good about my DPS on raids.