We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

A Little Confused over Anórien, Doomfold and IronFold Crafting

I've read through tons of threads but I've really none the wiser.

Anórien
    This looks like the recipes are vendor purchased and no longer drop.

Doomfold
    These all look like their Barter. Question: 1) Can a crafter earn enough to purchase the recipes? 2) Can someone else purchase the recipe and give it to the crafter? 3) Do you now need high end characters to purchase recipes basically killing the idea of a part time player who crafts a lot?

ironfold
    Looks the same as Doomfold is this correct?

BTW, I already know that Cooking, Farming, Prospecting and Forrestry get the recipes automatically.

I have Westmnet crafters for Metalsmith, Tailor, Scholar, Jeweler (actually Jewler is Ironfold but missing recipes) and Ironfold Cooking, Farming, Prospector, Forrestry and tier 6-7 for Weapsmith and Wodworker. So I trying to work out if its worth driving to Ironfold if I can't get recipes.

HELP!!! It took this stupdid dwarf a long time to understand how everything worked and the they WENT AND CHANGED IT!! my head hurts!!
    It will never work, change always makes things worse, and Turbine doesn’t care about us anyway….” Eeyore
    But maybe it will have honey or even something better!!” -- Pooh

Quote Originally Posted by SavinDwarf View Post
    I've read through tons of threads but I've really none the wiser.

Anórien
    This looks like the recipes are vendor purchased and no longer drop.
    The basic recipes are auto-bestowed, you get the basic recipes automatically when you unlock the crafting tier. Some recipes are bartered from NPC's with tokens you earn from the game content.

Doomfold
    These all look like their Barter. Question: 1) Can a crafter earn enough to purchase the recipes?
    Most of the Doomfold recipes are bartered, only a few basic recipes are auto-bestow. If you want every recipe available, you'll either need to run multiple characters through Mordor to earn enough barter tokens, or use repeatable content to earn the tokens. You won't earn enough barter tokens with a single character if you don't rerun repeatable content. The more recipes you want, the more tokens you will need to barter for the recipes.

2) Can someone else purchase the recipe and give it to the crafter?
    I just logged in and checked the Doomfold recipes. I have bartered recipes with one character and sent them to alts on the same account in the past, I personally know that works. As a test I was able to post a Doomfold recipe on the auction house which does not work with bound items, so it looks like you could get the Doomfold recipes from any other character on your server, either from the Ah or in a direct trade with another player.

3) Do you now need high end characters to purchase recipes basically killing the idea of a part time player who crafts a lot?
    Based on the recipes not being bound, it looks like you can get them from other players, if you can find other players who are willing to barter for the recipes and sell them to you.

ironfold
    Looks the same as Doomfold is this correct?
    Basically, yes. A quick check of the bartered Ironfold recipes looks like they are the same as the Doomfold recipes, not bound to account or character, but they do need regional tokens earned from regional content to barter the recipes from the vendor NPC's.
    Therina - Hobbit Guard Rongo - Hobbit Warden
    Frood - Man Minstrel Garmun - Man Captain
    Zorosi - Dwarf Champ Froodaroon - Elf Hunter
    Southern Defenders - Arkenstone (formerly Elendilmir)

Quote Originally Posted by GarethB View Post
    A quick check of the bartered Ironfold recipes looks like they are the same as the Doomfold recipes, not bound to account or character, but they do need regional tokens earned from regional content to barter the recipes from the vendor NPC's.
    A warning though: For the really good crafted items you need components which only drop in resource instances, instances or (the newest) in the new raid. You might be able to get those on the Auction House as well, but I guess they'll be quite highly priced.
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

If you got a lvl 120 main, it should not be too hard to earn enough currency to get whatever recipes you need for all your craft alts. If you don't have a main in 115+ vicinity, there is really nothing at Doomfold/Ironfold you can craft that you could use.