We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

"The Secret of the Council"

Hey everyone!

With the return of the "Secret of the Council" quest in Moria with Update 23.2, I have tried to look in Balin's Camp (which is where it is noted on the wiki), but I could not find the map to pick up to begin the quest. Anyone know the details about the return of the quest, and where to find the map? Thanks!

I also couldn't find it, and the dwarf involved in the quest, Geirfast, has no quest. Maybe this didn't get turned on properly?

Yes, no map that I can find. Although there is something that looks like it may be the map near the Stonecarver's Journal.

This is strange, I have been scouting out Balin's camp and... nope, nothing! Not even after the raid got released today. Has the map location been moved?!
    Ealendil of Doriath, composer and member of Lindamar, Vanimar

Have you guys already done it before, back when it was availabe?

As I see this, the quest was removed temporarly and is now back in the game, so if you did it before, ofc you cant do it again.
    My questlog says i completed this.

I didn't complete the questline but I did complete two quests of the line - A Sickly Glow and An Eerie Brilliance - as landscape quests in Moria and I can't find anything clickable in the supposed location.

I've just been up there with a character who's never been there before and hasn't done any of the associated quests and no map that I can see.

The Shadow Map that starts this quest arc is no longer in Balin's Camp. Instead, it is in the coffer near the troll at the top of Khadar-zarâm.

This change means that a character following the natural questing path through Moria is sure to discover the map, as the coffer is already used by another quest as well. Balin's Camp remains an optional detour.

So it is. And you can use the chest even if you've already done the Troll quest. So that's nice.

CONTAINS SPOILERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[58] The Secret of the Council - Small Fellowship
    [58] The Innermost Chamber

the instance the innermost chamber, wich can also be run from the moria mirror in the 21th hall, is bugged.

if you take the correct route, wich will bring you to : Gloves, Heart, Steps, River, Time, Leaf, Map

the route between Map and the hidden chamber is bugged, you get insta killed in the path leading to it. and their is no other way to it. so it is impossible to complete!

tought you wanted to know.... hope for fix soon!

If you are talking about the last spike strip before the end of the instance it has always been like that. You will have to look at the ground closely and jump over it (I believe as it retracts). It has been awhile since I did this the original way but the last spike strip was always a surprise that killed me. You should be able to run back and jump over it.
    Footman Ryvick DonHuntstead 120 Guardian

Officer of Baruk Khazad

Arkenstone Server

The final spike trap was always my complaint about this quest arc, which otherwise was one of my favorites.

Earlier in the instance these traps tell players that they have gone the wrong way. The last trap then strikes without warning, and encourages players to think they have done something wrong. It is not possible to avoid if the player is running, though it is easy to trigger the trap safely when walking.

I suggested while Moria was current content that either the trap should be removed - which makes the long final corridor feel a bit empty - or there should be a clear warning of it, even if not blatantly obvious. For example, a different decoration on the wall near the trap would be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by EVEArazu View Post
    The Shadow Map that starts this quest arc is no longer in Balin's Camp. Instead, it is in the coffer near the troll at the top of Khadar-zarâm.

This change means that a character following the natural questing path through Moria is sure to discover the map, as the coffer is already used by another quest as well. Balin's Camp remains an optional detour.
    I'm not sure if this makes it easier to discover, but for anyone still struggling to find it, the location is 8.5S, 103.9W (you need to pass through the goblins, and will be auto-bestowed the quest "A Rain of Spears" and "A Tremor Underfoot" when you get near if you haven't completed these before.