We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 51 to 70 of 70
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    90
    This is stupid.

    US players saw it early, they had time to react.

    For many EU players it was too late, they had logged on and maybe even off. They wouldnt see it as they would next log back in after the update.

    Why can't you ppl see this and stop arguing?

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne_EU View Post
    This is stupid.

    US players saw it early, they had time to react.

    For many EU players it was too late, they had logged on and maybe even off. They wouldnt see it as they would next log back in after the update.

    Why can't you ppl see this and stop arguing?

    Since the Announcement and the Release Notes hit the forums around 9 - 11 pm Europe Time (3:54pm East Coast US + 5 GMT, +6 for Central Europe, +7 for Eastern Europe). Takes a few minutes. less than 5, to do a quick scan of the forums before turning off your machine.

    Additionally, anybody who has played this game for more than a year would/should know that when changes are made to the trait system, trait trees will likely be reset. Sometimes, for one class and more times than not for all classes.
    Ujest - 120 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 104 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Albany New York
    Posts
    933
    What was going on on Bullroarer after Preview 5? Were you reset?
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Up Here!!!;O)
    Posts
    165
    Regardless of the "Trait Respec" notice or not---there was no mention that I saw of changes to actual skills. So far my most noticeable of all my classes is hunter trapper skills. As mentioned before....my Decoy Dummy skill is gone--also where my normal trap was 3 fold" (if you will) it is now back to a single trap...which makes it difficult for mobs more than 2. So this changes this trait line pretty significantly---with no notes to that effect from what I can gleam.
    Makes my Glimmerdeep resource instance a bit harder....I can live with it....but not that happily when daily repetition is required.

    Sutsme (but not right now ;O) )
    Mr Gollums Neighborhood

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornglen View Post
    Ok, I think I see the problem. We might need your definition of a "serious LOTRO player" in order to make sure we are on the same level. I mean, this is a game after all. Not everyone is going to see it as a second job.
    Not a second job buddy but don't expect hand holding. Seriously, is this thread warranted? Are you expecting perfection from SSG. We are humans, right? All this unnecessary bashing only lowers morale. Can you imagine your boss nitpicking at you for everything you do?

    One of the meanings of serious

    acting or speaking sincerely and in earnest, rather than in a joking or halfhearted manner.
    "actors who are serious about their work"

    If you play this game halfheartedly, you should not care about traits being reset. Not a job right?

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    East coast, USA
    Posts
    2,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Cityboy_007 View Post
    Not a second job buddy but don't expect hand holding. Seriously, is this thread warranted? Are you expecting perfection from SSG. We are humans, right? All this unnecessary bashing only lowers morale. Can you imagine your boss nitpicking at you for everything you do?

    One of the meanings of serious

    acting or speaking sincerely and in earnest, rather than in a joking or halfhearted manner.
    "actors who are serious about their work"

    If you play this game halfheartedly, you should not care about traits being reset. Not a job right?
    I don't expect SSG to be perfect.

    But I also don't understand why, when SSG can improve on something, anyone would defend them to the death anyway.

    Why is the suggestion that SSG communicate changes like this with a bit more lead time so repulsive? They had to know it would be happening based on their plans and testing, yes? So why not announce it earlier? Why wait until less than a day before and be vague about it?

    All I am saying is, having something like this that affects every player out in the news earlier would be a good thing. Heck, in the past there might even have been a dev diary on the changes and why they were doing it. I'm not even asking for that. Just a tiny bit more warning than 12 hours IF you happened to log in at the right time and see it.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornglen View Post
    I don't expect SSG to be perfect.

    But I also don't understand why, when SSG can improve on something, anyone would defend them to the death anyway.

    Why is the suggestion that SSG communicate changes like this with a bit more lead time so repulsive? They had to know it would be happening based on their plans and testing, yes? So why not announce it earlier? Why wait until less than a day before and be vague about it?

    All I am saying is, having something like this that affects every player out in the news earlier would be a good thing. Heck, in the past there might even have been a dev diary on the changes and why they were doing it. I'm not even asking for that. Just a tiny bit more warning than 12 hours IF you happened to log in at the right time and see it.

    I am not sure why you would think I am defending SSG. There are various threads that bash SSG for more important reasons that this which in my opinion are warranted. This issue again in my opinion is too trivial for people to start getting angry over. You say a suggestion, sure, a suggestion is fine but have you read all the posts? Some don't come off as a mere suggestion. Look at posts calling me a troll.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    3 Harrow Rd., Bamborings, Shire
    Posts
    1,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornglen View Post
    I don't expect SSG to be perfect.

    But I also don't understand why, when SSG can improve on something, anyone would defend them to the death anyway.

    Why is the suggestion that SSG communicate changes like this with a bit more lead time so repulsive? They had to know it would be happening based on their plans and testing, yes? So why not announce it earlier? Why wait until less than a day before and be vague about it?

    All I am saying is, having something like this that affects every player out in the news earlier would be a good thing. Heck, in the past there might even have been a dev diary on the changes and why they were doing it. I'm not even asking for that. Just a tiny bit more warning than 12 hours IF you happened to log in at the right time and see it.
    This is an example of a productive and earnest attempt to discuss a topic, exactly what the forums are for, and I thank you for fighting the trends to do so.
    Landroval - The Council of the Secret Fire Friendly, Casual, Mature, and always seeking more!
    .
    Musings on LOTRO and other games: www.killtenrats.com

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Teyaha View Post
    This is one of those issues that really isnt an issue and screams of entitlement.
    Everyone is entitled to basic common courtesy.

    I didn't even notice until I went into combat on the landscape and noticed half my skill shortcuts were missing. I realized immediately why they weren't there, but I am sure others would have been far more baffled.

    At a minimum, the "specialization needed" pop-up should have come up, but didn't.

    Hopefully this is addressed in future.

    For what it is worth, the forum notice timings are a red-herring. I never read them beforehand, and I suspect the majority of players don't visit the forums. If something important needs to be communicated, it should be in the launcher, or better, a pop-up in game.
    His sword was long, his lance was keen, his shining helm afar was seen.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    North East US
    Posts
    2,743
    Quote Originally Posted by Cityboy_007 View Post
    I got an alert stating to respec. Wasn't a surprise
    I received no such alert in-game. If others got an alert, then there's an issue with the client that SSG needs to address in the future.


    PM for invite: Ciph, Cipha, Ciphariel, Ciphor, Ciphorin | Alartar, Gemitty, Serinfina | Shelrian, Shelwen, Shelwin | Alielyn, Alielys, Aliedyn, Alieryl | Torval, Bornhald, Juilin

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne_EU View Post
    This is stupid.

    US players saw it early, they had time to react.

    For many EU players it was too late, they had logged on and maybe even off. They wouldnt see it as they would next log back in after the update.

    Why can't you ppl see this and stop arguing?
    They should have announced it a few days in advance, sure. I think everyone agrees that it was a missed opportunity. It would be nice to prepare if you have very specialized spec trees you want to utilize....with a few screenshots or notes.

    But some people here are reacting like respeccing is the biggest problem this game has ever seen, and their fine-tuned scheduled play time is seriously affected by it. It isn't that big of a deal, just respec your toons as you go. It takes all but 1 minute, and that is if you are slow. :P

    The world is not ending. No one has been murdered. London is not on fire.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

  12. #62
    I'll admit to not paying close attention to the warning about trait trees being reset. However, hasn't it always been the case in the past that when trait trees were reset that a notification appeared on your alerts panel to remind you to reset your traits?

  13. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Cityboy_007 View Post
    I got an alert stating to respec. Wasn't a surprise
    I did not get the alert in my alert panel on my UI. I thought it was strange considering that was common practice in the past.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,343
    The most funny fact in this topic is that as soon as we get a change in the trait tree, we get a "free" reset that saves us a few gold.
    At the very same time we get revamps that cause a massive change in the value of ILI legacies and have to solve this problem using the store.

    IMO the question shouldn't be why we get an unannounced reset, but why we get a reset at all. Giving us a few piles of silver scraps would do the same. Of course this could result in rich low levels with 10G+, but I wouldn't consider this as problem with current AH prices.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    3 Harrow Rd., Bamborings, Shire
    Posts
    1,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Cityboy_007 View Post
    I got an alert stating to respec. Wasn't a surprise
    I'll ask you to clarify what you're talking about here. Like these other folks I certainly didn't get one either.

    (I did so happen to come across the info that a reset would occur in the "downtime notice" post in the course of my usual forum browsing habits- long after the patch was live. I would never think to describe that series of events as "getting an alert")

    Quote Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post
    I received no such alert in-game. If others got an alert, then there's an issue with the client that SSG needs to address in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by AilsaN View Post
    I did not get the alert in my alert panel on my UI. I thought it was strange considering that was common practice in the past.
    I definitely recall receiving in-game alerts prompting me to respec my Legendary Items in game on more than one occasion in the distant pass.

    I do not specifically recall receiving such an alert for trait spec resets. SURE WOULD BE NICE!

    In the past I definitely do recall at least one instance of logging into game, and realizing my traits had been reset only from investigating out why hotbars were missing so many icons!
    Landroval - The Council of the Secret Fire Friendly, Casual, Mature, and always seeking more!
    .
    Musings on LOTRO and other games: www.killtenrats.com

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    3 Harrow Rd., Bamborings, Shire
    Posts
    1,307
    Quote Originally Posted by thinx View Post
    The most funny fact in this topic is that as soon as we get a change in the trait tree, we get a "free" reset that saves us a few gold.
    At the very same time we get revamps that cause a massive change in the value of ILI legacies and have to solve this problem using the store.

    IMO the question shouldn't be why we get an unannounced reset, but why we get a reset at all. Giving us a few piles of silver scraps would do the same. Of course this could result in rich low levels with 10G+, but I wouldn't consider this as problem with current AH prices.
    I pretty well agree with your concerns. As to your questions, maybe I can provide something in the way of explanations.

    Un-Imbued LI's have their legacies empowered manually by player allotment. Resetting that allotment was a simple courtesy to provide so they did. I do recall store-purchases for un-imbued LI's ever having been reimbursed or reset.

    Imbued LI's have no point allotment to be easily reset. Ergo, we receive no courtesy. The only "restitution" they could offer us is some form of store currency, and there are lots of possible reasons why they won't to do that (cynical and quite reasonable, I don't know enough to judge).

    The trait reset is a whole unrelated matter, however (at least as I understand it).

    Traits weren't reset because the trait system itself was fundamentally changed in a way that was incompatible with current point allotments. I surly can't explain why or how that incompatibility exists in THIS situation, but it makes sense to me as a general explanation for why this kind of reset is ever needed.
    Landroval - The Council of the Secret Fire Friendly, Casual, Mature, and always seeking more!
    .
    Musings on LOTRO and other games: www.killtenrats.com

  17. #67
    Seems we got Modded and several Post's removed.

    Just to Clarify,
    Cord did apologise and agreed it was miscommunication, but will try to put a Notice in the Related Note's.

    So that's a good sign.

    As for the Topic

    This was the Launcher Info when I logged in and never logged back in, until the Servers were back.


    "Downtime Notice: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) Wednesday, January 9th
    Tue, 08 Jan 2019 21:27:01 +0000

    The LOTRO Game Servers will be brought down on Wednesday, January 9th from 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) for an update to the game. Click here for the Release Notes. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!"

    The linked Release Note's never mentioned the Re-Traiting.

    So for the Non-US Player's (also Players in US who Log on earlier only) it was too late when the later message and the Downtime Notice were Posted/Updated.


    I post for the Player's which do not come here ( just like me, who only come here from Launcher Links) who rely on the Launcher to point out any Major Notice's we need to read.

    Only then do we read info (from the linked only), and unfortunately the Notes never mentioned anything about Re-Traiting and we not going to Decipher words.


    While those who say any Serious Player would know and soo on, well just think of the Non-US Player's, the Casual Player's and the Newer Player's.

    None of these would have a clue and we come to Play the game and not to go through several Post's to find we have to do X,Y and Z and also have to login several times in a day to see if anything is going to change before we next Play.


    I think an InGame Broadcast or Note on the Launcher at least 3-7 Days is all we ask.


    Sorry, if I sounded off, but I reacted to Snoopy who called this Thread a Trolling Thread, which there was no need for that, then other who clearly don't understand we all Play at different times and sometimes once or twice a week.


    I will defend the Casual and newer Player's always, so Player's aren't put off.


    The matter is Resolved for now, and I hope Cord does put the Notices in the right places as he mentioned today.

    Mods can now close this Thread if need be.
    Last edited by GondorZilla; Jan 11 2019 at 07:58 PM.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Moondog548 View Post
    I pretty well agree with your concerns. As to your questions, maybe I can provide something in the way of explanations.
    What questions?

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    3 Harrow Rd., Bamborings, Shire
    Posts
    1,307
    Quote Originally Posted by thinx View Post
    What questions?
    Well your post did include one literal question, but I was indeed just responding generally to the various topics you raised.
    Landroval - The Council of the Secret Fire Friendly, Casual, Mature, and always seeking more!
    .
    Musings on LOTRO and other games: www.killtenrats.com

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    North East US
    Posts
    2,743
    Quote Originally Posted by Moondog548 View Post
    I definitely recall receiving in-game alerts prompting me to respec my Legendary Items in game on more than one occasion in the distant pass.

    I do not specifically recall receiving such an alert for trait spec resets. SURE WOULD BE NICE!
    Since I only play on the Legendary server at the moment, we don't have LIs, so there's no notice of anything.


    PM for invite: Ciph, Cipha, Ciphariel, Ciphor, Ciphorin | Alartar, Gemitty, Serinfina | Shelrian, Shelwen, Shelwin | Alielyn, Alielys, Aliedyn, Alieryl | Torval, Bornhald, Juilin

 

 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload