We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Update downtime

Update downtime

Hi! I was wondering if they could maybe make the downtimes for updates separate for the legendary servers, since they don't need the lvl 120 stuff there anyway. It would also give a lot of people a chance to really try the legendary servers out, as I know a lot of people (especially kin leaders) are to busy on the main servers to play on the legendary ones but this would give everyone a good chance to play there. Also I'm sure everyone would love being able to keep playing the game during the downtimes, especially when that happens to be the only time of the day that they have a chance to play
    Not all those who wander are lost - but I sure am!

Unfortunately I believe they are all part of the same farm and patching is done from one server(s) for the whole farm. Bullroarer and Palantir are part of different farms that let them be patched separately.
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

Because both Legendary and original servers run on the same client, it is necessary to update both types of servers to the same server version. This allows people to play on both types of servers if they want too.

Quote Originally Posted by Linathorn View Post
    Hi! I was wondering if they could maybe make the downtimes for updates separate for the legendary servers, since they don't need the lvl 120 stuff there anyway.
    As explained by others, it doesn't work that way. In addition, Anor and Ithil will, I assume, eventually catch up with the other servers in level, and they'll need to have all the current code in place.

It would also give a lot of people a chance to really try the legendary servers out, as I know a lot of people (especially kin leaders) are to busy on the main servers to play on the legendary ones but this would give everyone a good chance to play there....
    Well, some people might.

As for me, I have thirteen active alts.* I love this game, but I really don't want to start yet one more character from scratch.

______
    *Why so many??? because I wanted multiple crafters in some vocations. (If you say "that's crazy," I won't argue.) I thought I had enough at twelve, and then the High Elf came in, and I couldn't resist, and I can always use another Explorer.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/