We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Best legacies for Blue-line Lore-master imbued staff?

I bet there's been a long discussion on the best legacies for a blue-traited LM to acquire before imbuing a First-age staff. Can anyone provide a link to a list of suggestions?

Thanks.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

Depends how you play the Blue LM.

Imbuement system pay attention to the section on what legacies change with Imbuement, you may need to re-spec your LI(s)

Dadi's guide though old is still a good source on how to work the imbuement system.
    Ujest - 120 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 104 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf_TheOld View Post
    Depends how you play the Blue LM.
    Figures.

However, that's a lot of good-looking links; thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    I bet there's been a long discussion on the best legacies for a blue-traited LM to acquire before imbuing a First-age staff.
    Actually, I would say none.

The thing is there are no specific legacies on staff which would enhance the blue line. There is the one with more power for power sharing and rest is for improved dps. Thus choose legacies depending on skills you use.

The book is more interesting talk, but you didn´t ask about the book...
    Ich bin kein Deutscher, sorry für Grammatik.
    English isn't my native language, sorry for mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Estelrandir View Post
    Actually, I would say none.

The thing is there are no specific legacies on staff which would enhance the blue line. There is the one with more power for power sharing and rest is for improved dps. Thus choose legacies depending on skills you use.

The book is more interesting talk, but you didn´t ask about the book...
    No, my tentative plan is to do the staff before I start in on the book.

Let me get back to you on that in a year or two.

I will add some general advice about legacies for staff:

DON´T use staff-strike damage legacy.

The holy three is: tactical damage, fire skills critical damage, initial damage burning embers.

And then it depends on your playstyle:

Lightning storm, ring of fire and nature´s fury are red line skills. If you don´t have them, don´t take these legacies.

Sorm-lore is yellow line skill. If you don´t take it, don´t use the legacy.

Test of will ist yellow line only skill. (thus no if you play blue)

Ents go to war is red line only skill. (thus no if you play blue)

Cracking Earth, Gust of Wind, Light of Rising Down (damage and crit damage) and Sticky Gourd are general skills and don´t depend on traiting.

Power restore - I don´t think we need to equip this one, whatever you do.

Fire and lightning crit rating - well, today it gives +7,3k rating (or 7 800?) what is very low with regard to current values (225k crit cap). When crit cap was like 20k and the values around 5-6k, it was nice. Sadly today rather useless.

Still, the advice from my previous post holds true: look at the skills which you use and decide according to that.

I endores what Estelrandir says about useless crit bonuses from legacies, but we thought that the buffs from battle and warding lore scrolls had been rather allowed to slide, and now the Anvil stuff makes quite a difference. I'm prepared to hold out hope on LM LIs, although ive been holding that hope for a while...:-)

More practically that 7500 crit rating is an essence you do or don't slot as an alternative view, depending on how much critical you feel you want or need.
    Mithithil Ithryndi

Quote Originally Posted by Estelrandir View Post
    I will add some general advice about legacies for staff:

DON´T use staff-strike damage legacy.

The holy three is: tactical damage, fire skills critical damage, initial damage burning embers.

And then it depends on your playstyle:

Lightning storm, ring of fire and nature´s fury are red line skills. If you don´t have them, don´t take these legacies.

Sorm-lore is yellow line skill. If you don´t take it, don´t use the legacy.

Test of will ist yellow line only skill. (thus no if you play blue)

Ents go to war is red line only skill. (thus no if you play blue)

Cracking Earth, Gust of Wind, Light of Rising Down (damage and crit damage) and Sticky Gourd are general skills and don´t depend on traiting.

Power restore - I don´t think we need to equip this one, whatever you do.
    I don't either. I can remember way back at SoA launch, when Power was a serious problem, particularly for my first Minstrel, who had to stop and regenerate a lot. But that changed, and now my Captain is the only one who bothers to equip Celebrant potions, and she hardly ever uses them.

Fire and lightning crit rating - well, today it gives +7,3k rating (or 7 800?) what is very low with regard to current values (225k crit cap). When crit cap was like 20k and the values around 5-6k, it was nice. Sadly today rather useless.

Still, the advice from my previous post holds true: look at the skills which you use and decide according to that.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mithithil View Post
    I endores what Estelrandir says about useless crit bonuses from legacies, but we thought that the buffs from battle and warding lore scrolls had been rather allowed to slide, and now the Anvil stuff makes quite a difference. I'm prepared to hold out hope on LM LIs, although ive been holding that hope for a while...:-)
    Anvil stuff? Is that, as I suspect, something that drops from a raid or multi-person instance? If so, it's permanently above my pay grade.

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Anvil stuff? Is that, as I suspect, something that drops from a raid or multi-person instance? If so, it's permanently above my pay grade.
    Nope.

As scholar you can make a scrolls which buff reductions and masteries. The ones of Ironfold have values around 8k, the ones of Anvil have values 18k/24k. All are automatically bestowed.

So Mithithil refered to this number increase. If it would be also in LIs, e.g. the last 5 levels would grant increase from 7,8k to 18k, one would look otherwise on these legacies.