We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Deep Strikes are Buggy

Hello fellow Champions,

i have notices that i some fight the amount of Deep Strikes (analysed in combat analyses ) is very low. (Sometimes just 4 Deepstrikes in one Minute, it should be ~30 in one Minute)

I'm most of the time in redline so i didn't noticed that earlier.

But the Problem/Bug is obvious, Deep Strikes don't have an initial hit, so they just start doing damage 2 sec after they got applied.
    They get renewed (the old deep strikes get over written) every time you critical hit with a strike skill, if you overwrite them more them every 2 sec, deep strikes will deal 0 damage (they won't tick ones)
    So basically if you land a critical hit in less then 2 sec, they will do eventually no damage at all.

A simple fix would be,
    Deep Strikes have an initial hit, so every time you crit with an strike skill they will deal damage.

At the moment there is no other solution that come to my mind, that would fix this (besides reworking deep strikes)
    The Problem is Deep Strikes could deal a decent amount of your overall damage, but they simply don't.

Here is a Video where you can see how low the amount of ticks actually is, as soon as i stopped using skills the counter goes up again.
    Last edited by Gertes; Jan 08 2019 at 05:48 PM.
    If you want to contact me, pls don't write me a Private Message on the Forum, the chance that I read them is low.
    The best way is via Discord:
    Gertes#5389

Is it still necessary to write a Bug report about this, or is a Forum post enough?
    If you want to contact me, pls don't write me a Private Message on the Forum, the chance that I read them is low.
    Gertes#5389

Quote Originally Posted by Gertes View Post
    Is it still necessary to write a Bug report about this, or is a Forum post enough?
    Nice find. If this is indeed not working as intended (and it looks like it isn't), better submit a proper bug report, including the video. It's not a guarantee that a dev will have a look at the forum post.

Yes, bug it by all means!

I'm almost always in red (red-yellow obviously), and it seems that I'm missing 5 K dps all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Maeg View Post
    Yes, bug it by all means!

I'm almost always in red (red-yellow obviously), and it seems that I'm missing 5 K dps all the time!
    Yeah, red champ could be in an very good spot, if they fix this. Maby close to an hunter finally (if not more)
    Gertes#5389

Yeah, red champ could be in an very good spot, if they fix this. Maby close to an hunter finally (if not more)
    Uhm, it might be more than 5 k dps, since I dual-wield and the tooltip says there are 2 independent bleeds, each one around 9 K (that's before monsters' mitigations but on the other hand it doesn't take into account crits, either, so it shouldn't be too very different from those 9 k dps).

Still, I've heard that the gap with Hunters is around 20 k dps, so there's still room for improvement in Champions' red dps, even if they fix this bug. It would definitely be a step in the right direction, though!

Edit. But, on second thought, I suppose that even if they fixed the bug they wouldn't give us the 2 bleeds --I've never seen them. So, again, it should be around 5 k dps.

Are bleeds bypassing mitigations or something? the damage will most likely be half the tooltip.

a larger concern of mine is the large magnitude of crit defense In t3 instances. I'm doing 2/3 the damage i was before the t3 changes in t3 thikil pulls because we ate so dependent on crits and crit mag and now we are even more screwed in t3 instances. I would guess a good warden can out dps a good champ now in aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    Are bleeds bypassing mitigations or something? the damage will most likely be half the tooltip.

a larger concern of mine is the large magnitude of crit defense In t3 instances. I'm doing 2/3 the damage i was before the t3 changes in t3 thikil pulls because we ate so dependent on crits and crit mag and now we are even more screwed in t3 instances. I would guess a good warden can out dps a good champ now in aoe.
    Well the tooltip is without any fervor or buffs, so its quite low.
    Last edited by Gertes; Jan 08 2019 at 05:07 PM.
    Gertes#5389

Quote Originally Posted by Maeg View Post
    Uhm, it might be more than 5 k dps, since I dual-wield and the tooltip says there are 2 independent bleeds, each one around 9 K (that's before monsters' mitigations but on the other hand it doesn't take into account crits, either, so it shouldn't be too very different from those 9 k dps).
    The tooltip is confusing, it means that each of the hits apply deep strikes, since they overwrite each other its always just one deep strike activ.

Gertes#5389

First you should write a bug report too.

And yeah the simple overwritung sucks.
    So ferocious etc just give three chances to add that bleed, but as you said we´ve to hope for 2 or another even number between our crits that we make the dmg, this shouldn´t be.
    A stacking up to 10 would be nice too or a summatgion of the time first crit 30s, second crit +10s and so on that we cam count so 5k every2 s for 60s are 30k dmg-> I can switch the target this bleeds to death.
    but in any case no renewing insteadf of this a simple countdown reset would work too/ much better.

Well the tooltip is without any fervor or buffs, so its quite low.
    and with crits it will be higher yes. find the full ferv strength, then cut that to 1/3 or 1/4 to find how much dps we are missing. I'm struggling to see how that number will bring us close to hunters. even if it is 5k more dps we would still be behind.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    and with crits it will be higher yes. find the full ferv strength, then cut that to 1/3 or 1/4 to find how much dps we are missing. I'm struggling to see how that number will bring us close to hunters. even if it is 5k more dps we would still be behind.
    Currently speaking yes,
    but i have a feeling that with the raid the current dps differences will change between classes.
    Gertes#5389

The issue is that the Deep Strikes bleed no longer applies the first pulse on application, which was in fact the case for as long as I can remember, and instead now only pulses after 2s. Therefore if another critical hit re-applies Deep Strikes within 2s the bleed is overwritten and does not pulse.

I have also submitted a bug report for this.
    X