We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Caverns of Thrumfall, T1 difficulty, duo and 3-man

I have tried the T1 version of Caverns of Thrumfall in both duo and 3-man configurations with no success so I am wondering if the scaling is not working as intended.

My character is a LM and last night I tried it with a champion. Both of us are decently geared. We made it through the first boss (to get into the caves). However, we could not best the second boss we found (a drake whose name starts with A - sorry, can't remember the rest). We made multiple attempts with different approaches and all failed.

It certainly didn't feel like a T1 instance.

Anyway, is there advice or is there an issue with this instance? In my opinion, a T1 instance should be, at most, slightly more challenging than landscape. I did the solo version with no difficulties. The fact that duo is SO MUCH harder than solo seems odd to me.

There is a lot of tactical damage, so if your tactical mits are low, you will suffer.

But more importantly, you should bring 3 people to a 3-man instance.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoBasilisk View Post
    There is a lot of tactical damage, so if your tactical mits are low, you will suffer.

But more importantly, you should bring 3 people to a 3-man instance.
    My tact mit is fine, and the attempt with the champ was a 2-man version, not 3-man.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcor View Post
    My tact mit is fine, and the attempt with the champ was a 2-man version, not 3-man.
    My understanding is that the 2-man versions of the instances are not really properly balanced for 2 people, so I don't think many people run them.

Run it solo, easy going or with three (tank, you as heal and a dps) in t1 it's easy going.
    And as mentioned tac mits are important. So whats fine for you, should have around 35%

Quote Originally Posted by NeoBasilisk View Post
    My understanding is that the 2-man versions of the instances are not really properly balanced for 2 people, so I don't think many people run them.
    Thanks. That confirms my feeling running it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    Run it solo, easy going or with three (tank, you as heal and a dps) in t1 it's easy going.
    And as mentioned tac mits are important. So whats fine for you, should have around 35%
    I am pretty sure my mits are above 35%, probably close to 40%. My feeling was a proper tank was needed to round up all mobs.

Thanks.

Thanks. That confirms my feeling running it.

I am pretty sure my mits are above 35%, probably close to 40%. My feeling was a proper tank was needed to round up all mobs.

Thanks.
    Yellow champ is in t1 fine if you concentrate yourself in debuffing and healing and stun immunity on the champ. But Yeah with a Real tank it is much easier.

I mis-remembered my mits. They are not at 35% but in the low 30s. But if I have a tank taking all the aggro this should matter a bit less.

I mis-remembered my mits. They are not at 35% but in the low 30s. But if I have a tank taking all the aggro this should matter a bit less.
    If He got stunprotection from you and Do his job, you will only get really few random hits.