We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Embarassingly Noobish Question - How Do I Enter Epic Instances?

After a long break away from LoTRO I am trying to pick up the threads of where I left off.

My quest journal is showing that my next Epic quest is Volume 2, Book 9 (Fortress of the Nazgul). As I understand it these Epic quests can now be done solo (thanks to a major buff that is automatically applied) but (and here is the ultra-noob question!) how and where do I enter the appropriate instance? Do I have to go to a specific place and click a portal or can I do this from anywhere in the game using the 'Instances' interface.

I suspect that some will laugh at the silliness/stupidity of my question but sooooo much has changed since I last played.

Many thanks in advance for any help & advice offered.

If you're where I think you are the next quest you need to do/have done are the Mirkwood Landing Quests which give you access to Mirkwood, which is where these book quests take place. The book you're on is actually a sequence of quests rather than an instance. The best thing I can suggest is check the wiki here - https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Cat..._Book_9_Quests - and compare the quests there against your completed quests in your quest log (there's a check box at the top of the quest log which will show you completed quests).

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    If you're where I think you are the next quest you need to do/have done are the Mirkwood Landing Quests which give you access to Mirkwood, which is where these book quests take place. The book you're on is actually a sequence of quests rather than an instance. The best thing I can suggest is check the wiki here - https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Cat..._Book_9_Quests - and compare the quests there against your completed quests in your quest log (there's a check box at the top of the quest log which will show you completed quests).
    Thank you for the reply and the very useful link :-)

I must confess that I had it in mind that each Book was a single instance but I now see that progression is made through a whole series of quests, skirmishes and instances.

Your guidance is appreciated, thanks!